Film | News | Tom Cruise

First Look: Tom Cruise as Shirtless Rocker Stacee Jaxx in Film Adaptation of 'Rock of Ages'

Cruise

Behold the first official shot of Tom Cruise as rocker Stacee Jaxx in the film adaptation of the Broadway musical Rock of Ages, posted by Cruise's official Twitter account this afternoon.

Comments

1. He weirds me out.

Posted by: DerekWashington | Jun 17, 2011 6:56:24 PM

2. I love Photoshop. Between that youthful body and all the light beams incorrectly in the wrong direction and oddly streaming through his crotch it's enough to make Suri actually walk without her heels on the beach - for a minute.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Jun 17, 2011 7:09:22 PM

3. Out of all of the actors in the world, why Tom Cruise?

Posted by: MacroT | Jun 17, 2011 7:19:29 PM

4. Liked him "A Few Good Men", but I'm not so sure he was acting and just not being Cruise in a Navy uniform. Also liked him in "Collateral". Now that was a strange role for him, but I think he played it well. Otherwise I think Cruise just plays Cruise. Totally unbelievable in the MI flicks. Sorry, but I find a feminine edge to Cruise and so his "manly man" roles just don't play well.

As for his religion, to me all religious people are crazy and delusional. It's just a matter of degree. Crazy Mormons, crazy Scientologists, crazy Muslim and Christian fundies; all the same bad wine just different bottles.

Posted by: Bob R | Jun 17, 2011 7:40:39 PM

5. I just lost my b0ner.

Posted by: joe | Jun 17, 2011 7:52:29 PM

6. What are you guys looking at? 50 years old and still looks like that! We should all be so lucky.

Posted by: Tracell | Jun 17, 2011 8:15:30 PM

7. as if any of you would kick him out of bed; he's still hot

Posted by: Grover Underwood | Jun 17, 2011 8:19:55 PM

8. LOL. This is Tom at the nadir of his career, I'm afraid. This is going to be fodder for comedians.

Posted by: adam | Jun 17, 2011 8:28:30 PM

9. Most of you could look like that if you had a doctor willing to prescribe you HGH.

Woops. Not saying Cruise's doctor did, just that ya'll could look like that if YOU did.

Ahem.

Posted by: Rin | Jun 17, 2011 8:29:49 PM

10. Another movie I won't see cuz he's in it...

Posted by: Tom | Jun 17, 2011 9:16:26 PM

11. The rich man's Glamour Shots. Somebody needs some validation.

Posted by: Vlad | Jun 17, 2011 9:17:18 PM

12. Another musical I won't be seeing...

Posted by: Brian | Jun 17, 2011 10:54:41 PM

13. Excuse me while I go hurl.

Posted by: daws | Jun 17, 2011 10:56:10 PM

14. I liked in the Firm, but mostly for the scene of Wifred Brimley beating the hellout of him because it was 'the right thing to do.'

Posted by: Chris | Jun 17, 2011 11:07:32 PM

15. Of course I hate the cult of Scientology but to say Tom Cruise is ugly is pure wishful thinking-and stupid.

Posted by: nikko | Jun 18, 2011 1:01:40 AM

16. He has always given me a subtle sense of nausea, as if the room were filled with an unidentifiable smell, undetectible but real, like carbon monoxide. He's creepy.

Posted by: Bear | Jun 18, 2011 1:05:43 AM

17. I would worship Tom if he came out. As it is, I still lust after him as much as when Risky Business was released. His ass and legs are still ridiculously amazing, and that smoldering charisma would reduce me to Kryptonian dust if he were in the same vicinity as me. Mercy.

Posted by: Superman | Jun 18, 2011 1:16:04 AM

18. Lots of bigots here, yeah you hate his religion, that DOES make you a bigot (Just like hating Gay folks makes "them" bigots, see the knife cuts both ways). He's in good shape for 52 or what ever.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Jun 18, 2011 1:33:34 AM

19. He knows he's out the door. Too much baggage. This picture just looks desperate. Even without the baggage, 50 is about it for actors with such a limited range.

Posted by: romeo | Jun 18, 2011 2:16:15 AM

20. However, if he somehow pulls this off...if he brings to the table whatever he brought to Magnolia and doesn't suck...this will be his Oscar.

Posted by: Rin | Jun 18, 2011 7:02:36 AM

21. The shocking thing about this photo is the tummy fur... I thought he was a hairless. I'm almost attracted to him on that element alone. Almost.

Posted by: johnny | Jun 18, 2011 8:08:56 AM

22. Not sure why he chose to do a rock musical. I liked him in Valkyrie. By the way, Tom Cruise is a GORGEOUS man. But this picture is a little ummm...'forced'

Posted by: vernon | Jun 18, 2011 9:10:08 AM

23. Until that self-hating homophobe comes out of the closet and apologizes for his Xeon enduced diatribes I will not support any project he is a part of.

Posted by: Ricster | Jun 18, 2011 10:01:20 AM

24. Does he realize his career is dead? What is next Hollywood Squares. Center Square? God, what a buffoon.

Posted by: Kevin Thor | Jun 18, 2011 10:25:32 AM

25. this makes me uncomfortable...

Posted by: Gary | Jun 18, 2011 11:20:57 AM