Fashion Men | News | Nicola Formichetti | Thierry Mugler

Nicola Formichetti Debuts Sexy New Mugler Menswear Campaign Video: WATCH

1_mugler

Mugler creative director Nicola Formichetti produced a four-minute campaign video called "Brothers of Arcadia for his new S/S 2012 menswear collection for the label. And there's supposedly a more explicit version of this video set to debut sometime in the near future.

Watch the video, AFTER THE JUMP...

2_mugler

Comments

1. Wonderful. Creative, powerful. I liked it very much. The black and white parts and the first half was like from 1950s Italian movie and I liked it the most. But the colorful parts were excellent as well.
    Simply stunning.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jun 22, 2011 2:20:25 PM

2. Do models ever smile? or eat?

Posted by: Chadd | Jun 22, 2011 2:37:46 PM

3. Grow up consumers! If you want to get anywhere near this fantasy, don't bother buying these unremarkable and doubtless overpriced clothes.

Instead I'm afraid you're going to have to start getting regular exercise and start thinking about all the crap you daily shovel into your gut.

Extra points for Schubert, though.

Posted by: tominsf | Jun 22, 2011 2:41:52 PM

4. @TOMINSF: You are so right.......I'm working on it !!!

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jun 22, 2011 3:10:17 PM

5. Nothing to write home about.

Posted by: gb | Jun 22, 2011 3:29:19 PM

6. Would that be Arcadia, CA? funny, if yes!

The guy aren't overdeveloped or overly skinny like so called models. I like what I saw and their bodies are attainable for everyone who works out and eats sensibly.

And did I see hair on their legs? hot!

OK time for gym!

Posted by: FunMe | Jun 22, 2011 3:32:49 PM

7. I was SO looking forward to this, because Matthieu Charneau looks exactly like my first (sadly, unconsummated) crush from high school. But my God is this bad: Schubert's Trio in E-Flat was clich├ęd when Tony Scott used it in The Hunger 30 years ago, the coke-addled editing never lights on the clothes or models long enough for them to be actually seen, the color saturation appears to have been tacked on to make the badly-lit B&W sequence work in contrast. Epic fail.

Posted by: Really? | Jun 22, 2011 4:08:35 PM

8. @TominSF: What clothes? I saw a few bathing suits and one ripped-up ("deconstructed") t-shirt.

Nothing about this "film" (calling it that is so pretentious) did anything for me aside from making me think, Looks like a nice beach! Mugler is stuck in the 80s, and after accidentally viewing a nude photo of him recently I get kind of nauseous when I see his name.

Posted by: Paul R | Jun 22, 2011 4:12:36 PM

9. Yeah, the music was pretentious, but who cares? It's a bunch of cute guys.

Posted by: romeo | Jun 22, 2011 4:32:29 PM

10. I liked the classy B&W sequence with the classical music and images lifted from Herb Ritts and Bruce Webber.

Posted by: jaragon | Jun 22, 2011 5:39:47 PM

11. why do people always tell guys with lean muscular bodies to eat. it takes plenty of work and food to look like that.

Posted by: Momo | Jun 23, 2011 2:55:54 AM

12. So I take it that jockstraps and gold chains are for office Fridays?

Posted by: Pugzz | Jun 23, 2011 8:25:37 AM

13. Lame. Looks like it was made in 1989.

Posted by: gwyneth cornrow | Jun 23, 2011 9:58:58 AM