Bear Grylls | Iceland | Jake Gyllenhaal | News | Television

BigGayDeal.com

Jake Gyllenhaal's Balls are in His Throat in 'Man vs. Wild' Preview: VIDEO

Gyllenhaal

As I mentioned last week, Jake Gyllenhaal will share an Icelandic snow cave on the premiere episode of Man vs. Wild on July 11. A preview for the show has been released in which Gyllenhaal digs a snow cave, crosses a chasm on a rope, and notes his fear of heights.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I wish Jake Gyllenhaal's balls were in my throat! First?

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Jun 29, 2011 12:46:05 PM

2. I hope Bear Grylls manages to keep Jake alive!

Posted by: Ninong | Jun 29, 2011 1:00:37 PM

3. Yeah, please don't kill our Jakey!

Posted by: james Brown | Jun 29, 2011 1:09:25 PM

4. Just curious. Am the only one who thinks this is Jake trying to boost his "real" man cred? I mean we all know the rumors...hmmm just wonderin.

Posted by: Alex | Jun 29, 2011 2:10:40 PM

5. yes, Jake, bar none is the most protected celeb in Hollywood. Even gossip columns go to bat for him even in light of so much damning evidence. Amazing! It will take years before he ever comes out..his team is the best. oh well, I guess it truly is none of anyone's business.

Posted by: elizabeth | Jun 29, 2011 2:16:57 PM

6. @Alex Are you suggesting that you can't be a "real man" and gay at the same time? I consider myself to be both, which I guess is why I don't see eye to eye with so many people on this site.

I hope this culture some day evolves in such a way that most gay men no longer think of themselves as something less than fully masculine because of their sexual orientation.....and that they eventually act the part.....and no longer feel the need to tear down any gay man who is already there.

I won't hold my breath, though.

Posted by: Rick | Jun 29, 2011 2:19:08 PM

7. @ Rick I in no way meant to imply that gay men aren't real men. I meant that it seems to me Jake is like Tom Cruise and is going to an extreme because he figures the rumors can be put to rest by proving how masculine he is. We all know the behavior of men uncomfortable with their sexuality adopting hyper masculine stereotypical behavior. Which seems to echo your second paragraph, and I agree completely with you.

Posted by: Alex | Jun 29, 2011 2:26:42 PM

8. "in light of so much damning evidence."

LOL LOL LOL

My boyfriend's cousin dates this girl who used to be a hair dresser, and one of her clients told her that he goes to a personal trainer who once overhead a guy at his gym who is a bartender at a West Hollywood gay bar tell someone that he once had sex with Jake Gyllenhaal.

Posted by: nodnarb | Jun 29, 2011 2:34:59 PM

9. @NODNARB LOL

Posted by: Alex | Jun 29, 2011 2:38:28 PM

10. This is not going to help with the rumors.

Posted by: anon | Jun 29, 2011 2:47:15 PM

11. @Alex Did it ever occur to you that some of us engage in "hyper-masculine" activity because we like it--for the same reason straight men like it? And that it has nothing to do with being uncomfortable with our sexuality?

So many gay men seem to believe that behaving effeminately demonstrates being "comfortable with your sexuality and who you are" when all it really represents is their own lack of self-respect.....they have just internalized society's verdict on them, namely that being gay means you cannot be characterized by the normal masculinity that one sees in straight men and so you have to become a quasi-woman instead.

They are the ones who are trying to "overcompensate" and they are the ones who have something wrong with them, not men who have the same interests as other men and who act just like other men, but who just happen to like having sex with other men, as well.....

Posted by: Rick | Jun 29, 2011 2:47:27 PM

12. Rick, WE know gay men can be masculine, but its not the public perception, thats what Alex is saying

Posted by: Rovex | Jun 29, 2011 3:01:54 PM

13. OMG please tell me Jake and Bear had to get naked and warm each other up by pressing their bodies together (repeatedly).

Posted by: Shane | Jun 29, 2011 3:27:49 PM

14. Am I the only that thought Bear Grylis might be gay? Is this Bearback Mountain II, oh I couldn't resist the pun.

Posted by: Rob West | Jun 29, 2011 4:12:51 PM

15. Where'd you get your hat? Let's draw a big letter H, upper case or lower case? Is that butch enough?

Posted by: Rob West | Jun 29, 2011 4:18:03 PM

16. That's some good flogg'N material, right there.

Posted by: MoJo | Jun 29, 2011 4:31:54 PM

17. Oh good, another war about who gay men fundamentally are.

Why don't we all pursue the activities and interests we're actually interested in pursuing, and stop worrying whether or no we're conforming to cultural stereotypes?

Gender is a social construction: historically there have been significant variations in what constitutes 'proper' male and female behaviour. I see no purpose in continuing to edify it.

Posted by: Nat | Jun 29, 2011 4:41:19 PM

18. Thanks NAT. I just engage in activities. I don't think about whether they are masculine or not...

Posted by: Brion | Jun 29, 2011 4:51:34 PM

19. Jake knows how to butch it up!

Posted by: jaragon | Jun 29, 2011 5:42:25 PM

20. On a tangent to hyper-masculinity, there are thrill-seekers who, while not trying "compensate" necessarily, are mostly trying to fulfill an innate need that most people don't feel. It's ok. So are people who engage in stereotypically hyper-masculine stuff - I don't assume they are trying to compensate for something; merely that they have desires that are novel. Though I admit it's yummy wishing that Jake were trying to compensate for being gay. But then it would take even more absurd wishing than that to get to the part where he's with me. Heheh.

Posted by: Zlick | Jun 29, 2011 6:10:48 PM

21. "This one time at band camp . . . ."

Pathetic.

Posted by: LincolnLounger | Jun 29, 2011 6:31:36 PM

22. i think gryllenhaal would be adorable =)

Posted by: wren | Jun 30, 2011 2:23:47 PM

23. Jake surely isn't gay. I think he'd be out if he was gay. Is there evidence to the contrary out there? Let's see it.

Posted by: Hephaestion | Jun 30, 2011 8:21:50 PM

24. Let's just enjoy Jake Gyllenhall. It bothers me that so many people want to put a label on him. Is he gay? Who cares. Is he over-compensating? Give me a break.

Posted by: Way | Oct 3, 2011 11:00:07 PM