Barack Obama | Gay Pride | News

Obama Speaks at LGBT Pride Reception at the White House: VIDEO

Obamapride

Earlier this evening, President Obama spoke at an LGBT Pride reception at the White House.

Said Obama:

Now, I don’t have to tell the people in this room we've got a ways to go in the struggle, how many people are still denied their basic rights as Americans, who are still in particular circumstances treated as second-class citizens, or still fearful when they walk down the street or down the hall at school. Many of you have devoted your lives to the cause of equality. So you all know that we've got more work to do.

But I think it's important for us to note the progress that's been made just in the last two and a half years. I just want everybody to think about this. It was here, in the East Room, at our first Pride reception, on the 40th anniversary of the Stonewall riots, a few months after I took office, that I made a pledge, I made a commitment. I said that I would never counsel patience; it wasn’t right for me to tell you to be patient any more than it was right for folks to tell African Americans to be patient in terms of their freedoms. I said it might take time to get everything we wanted done. But I also expected to be judged not by the promises I made, but the promises I kept.

Watch Obama's full remarks and read the transcript, AFTER THE JUMP...

Here's the transcript:

REMARKS BY THE PRESIDENT

AT RECEPTION OBSERVING LGBT PRIDE MONTH

East Room

THE PRESIDENT:  Hello, everybody!  (Applause.)  Welcome to the White House.  (Applause.)

Nothing ruins a good party like a long speech from a politician.  (Laughter.)  So I'm going to make a short set of remarks here.  I appreciate all of you being here.  I have learned a lesson:  Don't follow Potomac Fever -- (laughter) -- because they sounded pretty good.

We’ve got community leaders here.  We've got grassroots organizers.  We've got some incredible young people who are just doing great work all across the country -– folks who are standing up against discrimination, and for the rights of parents and children and partners and students --

AUDIENCE MEMBER:  And spouses.

THE PRESIDENT:  -- and spouses.  (Applause.)  You’re fighting for the idea that everyone ought to be treated equally and everybody deserves to be able to live and love as they see fit.  (Applause.)

Now, I don’t have to tell the people in this room we've got a ways to go in the struggle, how many people are still denied their basic rights as Americans, who are still in particular circumstances treated as second-class citizens, or still fearful when they walk down the street or down the hall at school. Many of you have devoted your lives to the cause of equality.  So you all know that we've got more work to do.

But I think it's important for us to note the progress that's been made just in the last two and a half years.  I just want everybody to think about this.  (Applause.)  It was here, in the East Room, at our first Pride reception, on the 40th anniversary of the Stonewall riots, a few months after I took office, that I made a pledge, I made a commitment.  I said that I would never counsel patience; it wasn’t right for me to tell you to be patient any more than it was right for folks to tell African Americans to be patient in terms of their freedoms.  I said it might take time to get everything we wanted done.  But I also expected to be judged not by the promises I made, but the promises I kept.

Now, let's just think about it.  I met with Judy Shepard.  I promised her we'd pass an inclusive hate crimes law, named after her son, Matthew.  And with the help of Ted Kennedy and others, we got it done and I signed the bill.  (Applause.)

I met Janice Lang-ben, who was barred from the bedside of the woman she loved as she lay dying, and I told her we were going to put a stop to that discrimination.  And I issued an order so that any hospital in America that accepts Medicare or Medicaid –- and that means just about every hospital in America  -– has to treat gay partners just as they have to treat straight partners.  Nobody in America should have to produce a legal contract.  (Applause.)

I said we'd lift the HIV travel ban.  We got that done.  (Applause.)  We put in place the first national strategy to fight HIV/AIDS.  (Applause.)

A lot of people said we weren’t going to be able to get "don't ask, don't tell" done, including a bunch of people in this room.  (Laughter.)  And I just met Sue Fulton, who was part of the first class of women at West Point, and is an outstanding advocate for gay service members.  It took two years through Congress -– working with Admiral Mullen and Secretary Gates and the Pentagon.  We had to hold together a fragile coalition.  We had to keep up the pressure.  But the bottom line is we got it done.  And in a matter of weeks, not months, I expect to certify the change in policy –- and we will end "don't ask, don't tell" once and for all.  (Applause.)

I told you I was against the Defense -- so-called Defense of Marriage Act.  I've long supported efforts to pass a repeal through Congress.  And until we reach that day, my administration is no longer defending DOMA in the courts.  The law is discriminatory.  It violates the Constitution.  It’s time for us to bring it to an end.  (Applause.)

So bottom line is, I’ve met my commitments to the LGBT community.  I have delivered on what I promised.  Now, that doesn’t mean our work is done.  There are going to be times where you’re still frustrated with me.  (Laughter.)  I know there are going to be times where you’re still frustrated at the pace of change.  I understand that.  I know I can count on you to let me know.  (Laughter and applause.)  This is not a shy group.  (Laughter.)

But what I also know is that I will continue to fight alongside you.  And I don’t just mean as an advocate.  You are moms and dads who care about the schools that your children go to.  You’re students who are trying to figure out how to pay for going to college.  You’re folks who are looking for good jobs to pay the bills.  You’re Americans who want this country to prosper.  So those are your fights, too.  And the fact is these are hard days for America.  So we’ve got a lot of work to do to, not only on ending discrimination; we’ve got a lot of work to do to live up to the ideals on which we were founded, and to preserve the American Dream in our time -– for everybody, whether they're gay or straight or lesbian or transgender.

But the bottom line is, I am hopeful.  I’m hopeful because of the changes we’ve achieved just in these past two years.  Think about it.  It’s astonishing.  Progress that just a few years ago people would have thought were impossible.  And more than that, what gives me hope is the deeper shift that we’re seeing that’s a transformation not just in our laws but in the hearts and minds of people -- the progress led not by Washington but by ordinary citizens.

It’s propelled not by politics but by love and friendship and a sense of mutual regard and mutual respect.  It’s playing out in legislatures like New York.  (Applause.)  It’s playing out in courtrooms.  It’s playing out in the ballot box, as people argue and debate over how to bring about the changes where we are creating a more perfect union.  But it’s also happening around water coolers.  It’s happening at Thanksgiving tables.  It’s happening on Facebook and Twitter, and at PTA meetings and potluck dinners, and church halls and VFW Halls.

It happens when a father realizes he doesn’t just love his daughter, but also her partner.  (Applause.)  It happens when a soldier tells his unit that he’s gay, and they say, well, yeah, we knew that –- (laughter) -- but, you know, you’re a good soldier. It happens when a video sparks a movement to let every single young person out there know that they’re not alone.  (Applause.) It happens when people look past their differences to understand our common humanity.

And that’s not just the story of the gay rights movement.  It is the story of America, and the slow, inexorable march towards a more perfect union.

I want thank you for your contribution to that story.  I’m confident we’re going to keep on writing more chapters.

Thank you very much, everybody.  (Applause.)

Comments

1. I will continue to support Obama. Like someone above said "He's the lesser of two evils" We have achieved so much and should be proud of that. Marriage equality will happen eventually.

Posted by: Erick | Jun 29, 2011 10:15:14 PM

2. you know the repuks are going to run someone who hates us so while not the greatest we have no choice but to vote for obama. i refuse to back someone who will work to take away my rights. if he doesn't win dadt hate crimes and all other gains will be lost. the repuks will see to it.

Posted by: walter | Jun 29, 2011 10:30:25 PM

3. If I have to, I'll vote for Obama, of course, just like I did last time. But he's positioned himself as a mere placeholder in the history of civil rights and equality. He's not a fierce advocate or a voice for change on the ground. He will bring the bare minimum of progressive values to his office that he can afford. Fine. I understand politics.
    But, after Cuomo's incredibly inspiring efforts in New York state - I'm just wondering. On WHAT ISSUE would Obama NOT triangulate? He's not the community activist here. He's not the information gatherer. He's not the triangulator. He's the LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD. He doesn't - he just doesn't - seem to get that he should gather information AND THEN MAKE A DECISION. His style of government is passive aggressive and exhausting - but almost always to the detriment of progressives.

Posted by: wbnyc | Jun 29, 2011 10:56:54 PM

4. I think he understands clearly that more needs to be done. But I am grateful for the results so far. I hope he wins re election. The thought of a conservative getting in to repeal the progress made would be devastating

Posted by: chris | Jun 29, 2011 10:59:46 PM

5. The defenders of Obama or should I say the ever SO obvious OFA HRC DLC DNC queens or even better those who are being paid to come here with their tired pathetic and LAUGHABLE excuses for Obama's FAILURE to fulfill HIS promise to be a fierce advocate Our Prez is a liar who should continue to be pressured to do the right thing Imagine if Dr Martin Luther King would have just sat back and be patient with whatever the President did? There never would have been equality for African Americans As MLk said: to wait means never So true GLBTs here Continue to pressure the President until he does the right thing

Posted by: FunMe | Jun 29, 2011 11:36:07 PM

6. We know he can make speeches.
    He can also shake the hands of shitheel bigots if they write a check or promise votes. This long winded pat on the back for himself was nothing more than his version of "you ungrateful queens, look what I did for you and you have the nerve to tell me to evolve already."

Yes Barry O- we do have the nerve.
    The challenge is still out there EVOLVE ALREADY

Posted by: Mizzy | Jun 29, 2011 11:38:37 PM

7. I'm just tired of hearing him spout off about "states' rights." I see states' rights as being important when an issue is unique to the state. That obviously is NOT the case with marriage. And frankly, the only time I ever hear anyone holler about states' rights is when they are interested in denying someone else their's.

Posted by: Troy | Jun 30, 2011 12:13:01 AM

8. @funme i am not a member of any of those organization actually i am a defected republican who felt i could longer support their positions. i sat ou the last election because i didn't trust obama but with the support he has gotten and the condition bush channey left the economy. minor gains should be expected. lcr and go[roud better realise no matter how much or votes they collect they will never be accepted by the repuks only used . some jews helped the nazis and where still in end led to the ovens. we have to fight against these people

Posted by: walter | Jun 30, 2011 12:30:06 AM

9. He brings it up in his speech and it bears repeating, over and over if necessary. THE ONE THING YOU CANNOT BE IN THE FIGHT FOR CIVIL RIGHTS IS IMPATIENT. Once again, folks: THE ONE THING YOU CANNOT BE IN THE FIGHT FOR CIVIL RIGHTS IS IMPATIENT. It takes time.

This man has done more for the LGBT community than any president that has come before. Is everything perfect? Not by a long shot, but he did more for us than any of the presidents INCLUDING democrat Bill Clinton that signed DOMA and DADT into law! Give him time. He will come around.

Look how long it took African Americans. Slavery was OFFICIALLY ended in 1865. How long before there was a Civil Rights bill? A hundred years, give or take. But truth, freedom and common sense finally won out, as they are wont to do in this country. The bigots were sent screaming down south, sheets and all for the most part. The same will happen to the Xtians that think me and my partner getting married and paying less on our car insurance is going to bring about the fall of humanity. It will happen, with or without Obama. With him will be easier.

Posted by: AJ | Jun 30, 2011 12:34:03 AM

10. Obama is a great speech reader. Fierce defender, not so much, unless you count Rick Warren, Donnie McClurkin, defending DOMA before not, being anti marriage equality, etc. etc.

I love how the Obama defenders always write that unless you agree with them you are either an idiot, delusional, supporting the anti-gay Republicans, etc, etc.

Using emotional blackmail to make those of us who will not drink the cool aid feed bad will not work. It is a fear based tactic that we obviously do not respond to, otherwise we would be supporting Obummer.

Get a life. Everyone's vote is private and their own. We have a right to support whoever we want to, for me that is someone who is actually working for my rights and not making strategic speeches devoid of substance so he can get reelected.

Posted by: truthteller | Jun 30, 2011 1:36:43 AM

11. Really, who cares what Obama says or thinks or if he evolves or not.

It's just not important.
    What really matters are the opinions of a whole generation of young GLBT militants and activists, radicalized by the Obama generated defeats of same sex marriage in 2008 in California, Florida and Arizona who took to the streets in nationwide demonstrations that peaked with the 2009 200,000 strong March on Washington. That March was bitterly opposed by most Democrats who sensed, correctly, that it would become an anti-Obama rally. It did.
    It did have the effect of shocking Obama and the Congress into passing and signing the limp, incorrectly aimed 'Hate Crimes Bill".

The absurdity of electioneering raised it head again and the movement was put on hold for the 2010 elections which had a big surprise for Democrats. Because they'd betrayed everyone but the banksters and the military industrial complex, they were summarily abandoned by 30 million of those who voted for Obama, many just walking away and many switching parties.

Now we're in for more election hoopla and hopey/changey/evolvy. But with the WH, Congress and the courts firmly in the hands of right wing Democrats and Republicans not much is going to change.

Just before the vote in New York Obama met with two groups. The first was with GLBT misleaders who attended a $1250.00 a plate dinner for his campaign. He declined to endorse our rights. Again. Then Obama moved on to the real business of the night, dinner at Daniel, a very expensive venue where Wall Street banksters paid $35,800 per plate to have the ear of the man who's given them trillions in bailouts, in donations to insurance companies as part of his 'heath care' scam, in hundreds of billions in 'stimulus' boondoggles and to subsidize the losses of banksters caught in the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac debacles.

There'll be much more of the same. According to Bloomberg via AmericaBlog Obama is soliciting "donors who pledge $75,800 to the Obama Victory Fund", who'll be named "Presidential Partners". According to AmericaBlog "you would have to be a fool to miss the connection between the meek financial reform that the White House promoted and his campaign contributions. Also, let's think for a moment about the extension of tax breaks for the wealthy. If you are not part of the deep pocket crowd, you're really not very important to this administration..."

Obama and the Congressional Democrats have betrayed environmentalists, imprisoned and tortured GLBT-antiwar hero Brad Manning, prosecuted, at a horrifying loss in lives to civilians, six (and counting) wars of naked, ugly aggression to steal land, oil, resources and military bases, betrayed unions and busted the UAW and ourselves, the perennial under the bus crowd.

Unions are threatening to cut him off at the knees, politically speaking by withdrawing support and contributions. From my point of view that can't happen too soon and then we can rename them Whigs and continue to fight our other enemies, the Republicans.

On Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 vote socialist, vote left or just sit it out. Instead of worrying about which right wing candidate wins and concentrate on building mass movements to win our agenda.

Posted by: Bill Perdue | Jun 30, 2011 1:52:45 AM

12. So the choice is between a guy that lies about supporting gay rights and has to be dragged kicking and screaming to the signing desk, who has still not ended dadt, and a person who is not lying about LGBT rights, but could you change their mind, would support you? Obama has nothing to give us, requires no time to "figure out his evolving position on gay marriage". He is in bed with the most radical left wing thinkers on the political landscape - there is nothing he needs to think about as regards LGBT rights and marriage. Every top political gay advisor has weighed in on the benefits of equal rights for all, and he is not moving on it. He never will.

I am placing my bet on Herman Cain. He is educable, he loves fairness, and he loves people. He is a man of integrity who would not be able to let the issue die within himself. He may not be a "fierce advocate" but as someone who would have a gay person in his cabinet, he would have one more than Barack Obama. Bush had more gay people in high places than Obama! PS I came out to Cain in person and he listened to what I had to say in a decent conversation.

Posted by: ted | Jun 30, 2011 2:33:25 AM

13. If Obama was my county's president I'd be very thankful for it, and applaud greatly at a speech like this.
    Remember, those of you who live in the USA, how fortunate you are to have a leader of integrity, eloquence and decency - a man who seems in possession of a genuinely good heart.
    Most nation-states are not so fortunate, and it is in those countries that the majority of the world's people (including GLBTI individuals) suffer in far worse conditions, and under exponentially greater discrimination, than their brothers and sisters in the USA.
    Barack Obama is not perfect, no leader is. But he is a good man who outshines any other presidential hopeful, and I truly believe we will reflect on his presidency decades from now with the greatest admiration and respect afforded to us by hindsight.

Posted by: Chaq | Jun 30, 2011 2:47:26 AM

14. A good speech.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jun 30, 2011 3:28:40 AM

15. This was helpful to read. It still really is hard to hear him say that he is evolving on marriage. Hell, marriage wasn't even my top issue, but it's the one we went with and I'd like for him to be a civil rights leader. Just come out boldly and say we must be equal so we are going to make that happen and let's move on. I still feel a lag in my enthusiasm for the man (for this and other reasons) but there is slight consolation in that he has been the best we have had. I write this after hearing that a well-publicized case of a married same-sex couple where one of the spouses was about to be deported has ended. He will not be deported. But I also believe I write this as more DADT expulsions have happened. This is why we need federal =ity and where I'd like to see POTUS make some major moves.

Posted by: Sippi | Jun 30, 2011 3:56:49 AM

16. I will vote for Obama as I live in a swing state. However I will not donate 1 second of time or 1 cent to his campaign. He thinks I am a 2nd class citizen. As far as I can see he is homophobic scum who is not as homophobic as the Republican wingnuts. Ge's still homophobic scum though.

Posted by: MaryM | Jun 30, 2011 4:21:10 AM

17. I believe a self-loathing homosexual could easily be described as one who wishes to destroy the Barak Obama Presidency, thus helping the GOP regain power.

Posted by: JONNY NYNY2FLFL | Jun 30, 2011 5:09:01 AM

18. I agree with Randy when he wrote:

"I especially don't like that he's telling us that he met his obligations to us."

It's not his place to make that evaluation.

It's ours.

That aspect of this speech makes it feel like a "keep 'em in the corral" speech written by Obama's fundraisers.

The fundraisers who want you to feel that Obama holds the center all for himself.

Yet what tipped the scale for marriage equity in NY was wealthy gay repubs covering future election campaign tabs for "I want to do the right thing" middle of the road republican legislators.

Given those political realities the Obama team can't be happy with the impression out there that there are liberally minded repubs who LGBTs can play politics with.

Posted by: mark | Jun 30, 2011 6:08:37 AM

19. I will be voting for Ron Paul. Anyone concerned with personal freedoms and basic rights granted in our Constitution should do the same.

From Wikiepedia:
    Ron Paul on:
    Sexual orientation legislation

Same-sex adoption

On 1999 House appropriations bill H.R. 2587, for the government of the District of Columbia, Paul voted for four different amendments to prohibit federal funding.[184] Of these, Amendment 356 would have prevented federal money appropriated in the bill (money "for a Federal payment to the District of Columbia to create incentives to promote the adoption of children in the District of Columbia foster care system") from being spent on "the joint adoption of a child between individuals who are not related by blood or marriage," whether same-sex or opposite-sex.[185][186][187][188]

Same-sex unions

Paul opposes all federal efforts to define marriage, whether defined as a union between one man and one woman, or defined as including anything else as well. He believes that recognizing or legislating marriages should be left to the states, and not subjected to "judicial activism".[189] For this reason, Paul voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment in 2004.

In 2004, he spoke in support of the Defense of Marriage Act, passed in 1996. This act allows a state to decline to recognize same-sex marriages performed in other states or countries, although a state will usually recognize legal marriages performed outside of its own jurisdiction. The Defense of Marriage Act also prohibits the U.S. government from recognizing same-sex marriages, even if a state recognizes the marriage. Paul co-sponsored the Marriage Protection Act, which would have barred federal judges from hearing cases pertaining to the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act.[189][190]

Paul has said that recognizing same-sex marriage at the federal level would be "an act of social engineering profoundly hostile to liberty."[191] Paul stated, "Americans understandably fear that if gay marriage is legalized in one state, all other states will be forced to accept such marriages."[192] He says that in a best case scenario, governments would enforce contracts and grant divorces but otherwise have no say in marriage.[193] Paul has also stated he doesn't want to interfere in the free association of two individuals in a social, sexual, and religious sense.[194][195] Additionally, when asked if he was supportive of gay marriage Paul responded "I am supportive of all voluntary associations and people can call it whatever they want."[194]

In 2005, Paul introduced the We the People Act, which would have removed from the jurisdiction of federal courts "any claim based upon the right of privacy, including any such claim related to any issue of sexual practices, orientation, or reproduction" and "any claim based upon equal protection of the laws to the extent such claim is based upon the right to marry without regard to sex or sexual orientation."[143] If made law, these provisions would remove sexual practices, and particularly same-sex unions, from federal jurisdiction.

Same-sex marriage

In a 2007 interview with John Stossel, Paul stated that he supported the right of gay couples to marry, so long as they didn't "impose" their relationship on anyone else, on the grounds of supporting voluntary associations.

Don't ask, don't tell

In the third Republican debate on June 5, 2007, Paul said about the U.S. military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy:

"I think the current policy is a decent policy. And the problem that we have with dealing with this subject is we see people as groups, as they belong to certain groups and that they derive their rights as belonging to groups. We don't get our rights because we're gays or women or minorities. We get our rights from our Creator as individuals. So every individual should be treated the same way. So if there is homosexual behavior in the military that is disruptive, it should be dealt with. But if there's heterosexual behavior that is disruptive, it should be dealt with. So it isn't the issue of homosexuality. It's the concept and the understanding of individual rights. If we understood that, we would not be dealing with this very important problem."[195]

Paul elaborated his position in a 65-minute interview at Google, stating that he would not discharge troops for being homosexual if their behavior was not disruptive.[194]

Ultimately, Paul voted in the affirmative for HR 5136, an amendment that leads to a full repeal of "don't ask, don't tell," on May 27, 2010.[196] He subsequently voted for the Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Act of 2010 on December 18, 2010.

Ron Paul has been a critic of the Supreme Court's decision on the Lawrence v. Texas case in which sodomy laws were ruled unconstitutional under the Fourteenth Amendment. In an essay posted to the Lew Rockwell website he described his opposition to "ridiculous" sodomy laws, but his fear that federal courts were grossly violating their role of strictly interpreting the constitution, and setting a dangerous precedent of legislating from the bench, by declaring 'sodomy' a constitutional right.

"Consider the Lawrence case decided by the Supreme Court in June. The Court determined that Texas had no right to establish its own standards for private sexual conduct, because gay sodomy is somehow protected under the 14th amendment “right to privacy.” Ridiculous as sodomy laws may be, there clearly is no right to privacy nor sodomy found anywhere in the Constitution. There are, however, states’ rights – rights plainly affirmed in the Ninth and Tenth amendments. Under those amendments, the State of Texas has the right to decide for itself how to regulate social matters like sex, using its own local standards."[197]

Posted by: Charles | Jun 30, 2011 9:10:23 AM

20. @AJ-
    I agree with you, mostly, that we need to maintain some historical perspective, but just so we're all clear, the only time the president referred to "patience", what he said was:

"I made a pledge, I made a commitment. I said that I would never counsel patience; it wasn’t right for me to tell you to be patient any more than it was right for folks to tell African Americans to be patient in terms of their freedoms."

It's kind of the opposite of what you're saying.. Just sayin...

I kind of prefer this:
    "it's time for us to quit with the passivity, move to action, build community and care for each other instead of hoping the Gay Non-Profit Industrial Complex will ever get anything done."

Posted by: JeffRob | Jun 30, 2011 9:50:47 AM

21. Ted & Charles: You can vote for Herman Cain, who is very anti-gay, and elderly Ron Paul, who believes that marriage is a religious ceremony, but neither one of them will be the Republican presidential nominee and neither one has a chance in hell of getting to the White House.

Posted by: Ernie | Jun 30, 2011 10:38:44 AM

22. @LEO: He never promised marriage equality. He has talked up equality, however, quite a bit.

I'd say I'm in the camp that thinks he's been an advocate but not a very compelling one. NOM and their ilk have often quoted him on the subject of marriage because his stance is (and I believe entirely politically motivated) that marriage is between a man and a woman.

I think he's taking some credit where it's not really due. DADT repeal wasn't directly his doing, for instance.

He's kind of a wishy-washy advocate for us. Do I have any other candidate? No.

Posted by: Randy | Jun 30, 2011 12:41:19 PM

23. You're all IDIOTS! OBummer is a political puppet just like the rest. What Change has actually happened that's not self serving. Have any of you actually seen the job/economic numbers? This country is completely BROKE! They keep printing funny money like everything okay. Did he even take economics 101? Jeez Louise, wake up people! The Govt. is supposed to be working for us and instead our children and mothers are being groped at the airport we're being Darth Vader on the rest of the world. There will be no change until we take back our country. We are not too far away from Greece and Ireland brothers. Please stop being part of the sheeple and fight.

Posted by: Rob | Jun 30, 2011 1:42:59 PM

24. @ROB, all that and you haven't provided any solutions? What are you proposing?

Posted by: NY2.0 | Jun 30, 2011 4:46:33 PM

25. Obama's USAID now has an LGBT specialist. It's this kind of thing, throughout the gov't that makes real change. For those of you who are dissatisfied, yes, I get it, but he's doing an amazing job for us given the evil that republicans have done and continue to do on so many issues. If you can't see that, then I'm very sorry for you.

Posted by: David R. | Jul 1, 2011 1:15:47 AM