Keith Olbermann | News

Keith Olbermann Brings 'Last Line of Defense' to Current TV: VIDEO

Olbermann

As you can see, Keith Olbermann's new Countdown on Current TV which debuted last night, looks and feels much like his old Countdown. Here are a few moments from the show, including his "Special Comment" in which he discusses the new program, which he calls "the last line of defense."

Countdown is weeknights at 8 pm on Current.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I really wish he wouldn't keep trying to be this generation's Edward Murrow.

And Michael Moore never comes across genuine.

Posted by: O HERRO | Jun 21, 2011 8:16:39 AM

2. Great to hear him again but... what the Hell is "Current TV"? At least he beat Glen Beck back on air.

Posted by: Rad | Jun 21, 2011 8:18:05 AM

3. You're right Herro, he's already trying too hard. A little painful to watch.

Posted by: Uffda | Jun 21, 2011 8:35:36 AM

4. Love Keith! So glad he's back!

Posted by: The Iron Orchard | Jun 21, 2011 8:38:36 AM

5. I really think Sergio's White Hot Top 5 is the last line of defense.

What, no other Current fans on here?

Posted by: NoSleep4Sam | Jun 21, 2011 8:40:30 AM

6. Well, I'm glad he's back. He has often held the politicians feet to the fire, and pointed out their hypocrisy. And if the charge against him is that he "tries too hard", maybe it's because we often settle for too little. Whatever... He'll always be a hero in my book.

Posted by: Reggie | Jun 21, 2011 8:45:41 AM

7. Stop bitching about Keith. This was his first show since he quit at MSNBC so cut the guy some slack.
    He's a great ally to our community. If you don't like the show don't watch it.
    You can always tune to FOX and experience their pathetic attempt to twist the truth...

Posted by: Mike | Jun 21, 2011 8:48:17 AM

8. The sooner Keith's new Current TV show gains traction leading his new bosses to permit him to build a "progessive" news channel with additional "progressive" hosts/shows, the better to take on the GOPers' Faux Noise as well as the so-so rans at CNN and some of the Rethuglican-leaners at too-corporately controlled MSNBC. I'm supporting Keith and Current TV in hopes this "progressive" channel transformation will happen over the next 12 months. We need this counterpoint to the other less-than-progressive noise currently on cable. Good luck, Keith, Al Gore and Current TV.

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Jun 21, 2011 9:05:14 AM

9. something about that man tickles me deep down inside

Posted by: Joseph | Jun 21, 2011 9:26:42 AM

10. To criticize Fox and not to recognize its reflection. Perception filters are a wonderful thing.

Posted by: Diogenes | Jun 21, 2011 10:23:11 AM

11. Olberman's style is too complex. His statements convoluted, his points buried in a ton of misdirection. He's just the kind of liberal allowed on air by commercial interests. And Moore stumped for Nader in 2000, thus giving us eight years of Bush.
    I'm still hoping for competent leadership on the left. But it'll be a long wait.

Posted by: Wilberforce | Jun 21, 2011 10:39:59 AM

12. Let me know when Current goes HD, until then I'll pass on blurry commentary. Just as I can't watch Logo either.

Posted by: Craig | Jun 21, 2011 1:17:23 PM

13. I hope Olbermann's able to lead Current to the more widely available cable "tier" that most Americans have -- right now, it's one tier up from what I have on cable, and I just don't want to spend any more money on my cable bill when I barely watch TV to begin with.

Olbermann helped push MSNBC up to that better tier in many cable packages across the country, so I am optimistic -- and I definitely want to have the chance to watch him in his 8pm timeslot. His presence has been sorely missed.

Posted by: Ryan | Jun 21, 2011 3:05:02 PM

14. It's time Michael Moore grew up, slimmed down and doffed his disheveled 60's attire. He's too damn good a filmmaker and spokesperson to be selling himself short because he insists resembles an aging, angry hippie wno doesn't bathe.

Posted by: Nat Johnson | Jun 22, 2011 8:01:37 AM

15. Love Keith but he needs to advocate for the middle-class and the unemployed being butt-slapped by the Republicans. I don't care about Lybia, I care about America in a CRISIS! Keith step back and concentrate on At-Home issues!

Posted by: Pam | Jun 22, 2011 8:57:36 AM

16. keith O has been missed. I am a follower of him. i am one of his number ones fan. i feel delighted that his back, now let's see what MSNBC ratings will be like.

Posted by: steve | Jun 22, 2011 3:34:21 PM