George Takei | News | Theatre

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: George Takei Finds 'Divine Guidance' in 'Sister Act'

Takei

Since nobody has gotten back to him on his Spider-Man audition (watch it here) George Takei looks for some "divine guidance" on how he'll get to Broadway, and finds some in Sister Mary Teriyaki.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. HI-larious. My favorite bit was the "Oh Mary" at the end.

Posted by: Frank | Jun 9, 2011 1:54:49 PM

2. LMAO. Sister Mary Teriyaki.

I still love the KABUKI! sound effect from the last episode.

Posted by: luminum | Jun 9, 2011 2:00:28 PM

3. If he had been out as Sulu, Star Trek TOS would STILL be on the air!!

Posted by: MikeInSanJose | Jun 9, 2011 2:17:41 PM

4. I love the country of George Takei's ancestor's. In the 17th century the first Portuguese Catholic missionary's introduced Christianity to Japan, and within a generation, the Christian population of Japan shot up to 1%. 18th century, still 1%. 19th, 20th and 21st centuries (with freedom of religion WRITTEN INTO THE JAPANESE CONSTITUTION)? You guessed it. Still 1%. Japan has an unbroken record through the centuries. Never needed Jesus worship, never will. God bless the Empire of Japan. The world is a worse place because of fundie Christians, but it's a better place because of Japan.

Posted by: Phil | Jun 9, 2011 3:34:46 PM

5. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! ;-D

Posted by: JSH | Jun 9, 2011 4:24:24 PM

6. Pretty funny... but I have to say, the clips from the actual musical made it seem terrible. I don't think I could ever go see that... which is sad, because I *loved* (with a passion) the movie Sister Act. I even loved the second one -- and the second one's not even a good movie! LOL.

Posted by: Ryan | Jun 9, 2011 4:31:27 PM

7. I like Takei, but it's a shame he's gone the drag route. That seems to be the only avenue for many a gay performer, sadly.

Posted by: MacroT | Jun 9, 2011 5:47:30 PM

8. My sister and I have been going to free healing sessions at least once a week now. At first I was a little reserved because I wasn't convinced. Now I am so relaxed and at peace. I'm glad she convinced me to go. I think everyone should give reflection a chance.

Posted by: Avery | Mar 26, 2012 11:40:10 AM