News | True Blood

BigGayDeal.com

'True Blood' Character to Enter Into Gay Relationship

Kwanten

A straight character on True Blood will be entering into a gay relationship this season.

Writes Michael Ausiello at TV Line:

"...perhaps no transformation in the show’s colorful history will come as quite as great a shock as the one that we find out about during the HBO hit’s ferociously anticipated fourth season, premiering June 26: A major character, heretofore heterosexual, will be involved in a same-sex romance. I’m not going to reveal any more clues about the character...so as not to risk getting fanged by series creator Alan Ball. However, I will say that, having witnessed the big reveal, it doesn’t feel gimmicky. In fact, after the initial shock wears off, I imagine you will do what I did and go, 'Yeah. Makes total sense.'"

Nothing should be inferred by the photo above...I have no idea who the character is...this was just an excuse to feature said photo of Jason Stackhouse.

Comments

1. Sam would be my guess since he had an erotic dream with Bill in Season 3.

Posted by: Paul | Jun 15, 2011 10:35:40 PM

2. If I get to pick who it is ALCIDE and JASON... Woof, I'm sure it'll be two women but a guy can dream right?

Posted by: Dominic | Jun 15, 2011 10:46:22 PM

3. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's Vampire Bill and Vampire Eric in a relationship with each other. They've both had Sookie's blood, so perhaps there is some plot twist where they find themselves attracted to each other because there is a little bit of Sookie in each of them. After all, in last season's finale Sookie seemed determined to stay away from vampires forever.

(I know I'm dreaming here, but hey...a boy can dream, right?)

Posted by: peterparker | Jun 15, 2011 11:09:21 PM

4. I think Tara is probably the one but it's such an uninspired choice; I'd like to see them take a chance; Jason would be totally unexpected but it will never happen

Posted by: Grover Underwood | Jun 15, 2011 11:47:18 PM

5. I'll trade the gay storyline for Jason Stackhouse full frontal scene :P

Come on, HBO, let's make this happen. That would have to be good for the sales of at least a million more DVD's :p

Posted by: Ryan | Jun 15, 2011 11:55:21 PM

6. Just like we had a struggle to get Black people into the media etc, we have the same re gay folks.

Its so important that we do get gays into the limelight. Its hard to hate people you know and respect.

BTW, why did you put up that pix - both my wife and I are oogling him.

Posted by: billy wingarden | Jun 16, 2011 12:48:24 AM

7. In decreasing order of likelihood

1) Tara
    2) Pam
    3) Andy

Posted by: Mad Professah | Jun 16, 2011 1:59:35 AM

8. It'll be a woman. I'm not saying women don't count, lesbian sisters but hot lesbians really are not at all ground-breaking compared to gay men. The most conservative men LOVE hot lesbians. Women are much safer than men (look how they've been tip-toeing around LaFayette's gay relationship while eevrybody else gets to screw like rabbits in the front yard). Dumb, really. The audience are mainly women and gay men, so a male gay relationship is right up their street. That said, if it's Jason, I will happliy eat my own underwear.

Posted by: Steerpike | Jun 16, 2011 2:08:07 AM

9. While I also think it will be Tara, I think people are forgetting that Lafayette drank Eric's blood. Eric might get involved with Lafayette as another way of controlling him.

Posted by: KevMusic | Jun 16, 2011 3:27:48 AM

10. Joe M, Ryan K, but most likely between Sam and someone else. Anyway all those guys are hot and I cannot wait!!

Posted by: Matt26 | Jun 16, 2011 3:47:14 AM

11. Every single one of you is out of your mind. While it might be Tara, my most educated guess would be JESSICA! Helloooo! Can't believe no one has guessed her. She is DEFINITELY the most likely choice knowing the characters and knowing series creator Alan Ball and how he operates. She is supremely unsatisfied in her relationships with men and is ripe for experimentation at her age. Sorry. I would love to see Sam, Jason and Alcide get it on, but that's just ridiculous. I would bet MONEY it's Jessica. Tara running a slightly close second because she did leave town in the last episode. And if its Jessica, she probably hooks up with Pam.

Posted by: AJ | Jun 16, 2011 8:19:45 AM

12. My guess would be Tara. She is a minor character in the books which they have changed quite a bit in the shows. She has never had a healthy or deep relationship with a man. At the end of last season she went off in search of something new (with her new hair style). Yes--I think Tara. As much as I would like it, there is no way Jason Stackhouse is gay. Dream on..

Posted by: Bob | Jun 16, 2011 8:49:32 AM

13. Count me in with those who think it'll be Tara.

Although, I wouldn't be disappointed with some steamy flashbacks suggesting Eric and Godric's relationship went a bit deeper.

Posted by: Brian | Jun 16, 2011 9:15:49 AM

14. My guess is that Sam's younger brother will turn out to be gay. I don't think it's going to be a "turn bisexual" situation at all, I think it's just going to be revealed he was closeted the whole time and flirting with Jessica to stir things up or because he felt he needed to for a cover.

Posted by: Alessar | Jun 16, 2011 9:28:18 AM

15. It would be "safer" if it were a woman, so I think we can rule out all the guys, unfortunately.

Posted by: Jack M | Jun 16, 2011 9:29:59 AM

16. While I would love for it to be one of the 'non-vamp' guys--I am partial to Hoyt myself--I also think it'll be Tara.

Posted by: db | Jun 16, 2011 9:50:31 AM

17. O believe it will most likely not be a major male lead.... It will probably be Jessica or Tara.... More than likely Jessica though.... She had been sheltered all her life by majorly religious people so... Thats why I figure....

Posted by: Nightguy13 | Jun 16, 2011 9:55:44 AM

18. I'd hope for Jason. He's easily convinced to do/try things, isn't he?
    I'm hoping for a male couple. When straight Joss Whedon had the chance to put a lesbian couple in his Buffy 'verse, he did it. Why wouldn't Alan Ball use his godlike powers to put a hot gay couple up there for us? Plzplzplz I'd love to see Sam and Bill, too. (And bring us some Godgic/Eric please! Father/broteh/son is all well and good, but how about boyfriend?!!)

Let me put my two cents in and say I'd love to see Randy Harrison show up as a relative of Sookie's, since they look so much alike. He could be an old vampire relation or an old fairy ancestor, but I'd love to see him come into the story and into a gay relationship with someone in town.

Posted by: J | Jun 16, 2011 10:04:30 AM

19. It would be helpful if the Thought Police would stop demanding that others adopt whatever fetish terminology they prefer. A little impulse control would help you shut the f*ck up.

Posted by: wimsy | Jun 16, 2011 11:04:25 AM

20. I think it is the waitress Arlene.

Posted by: Sarah | Jun 16, 2011 1:36:15 PM

21. Jack M: Safer? Since when has Alan Ball or HBO been interested in what is safe? Did you see "Six Feet Under"? With one of the most well drawn out and complex gay love relationships on TV? If Ball were interested in being "safe" this would never even come up. He goes for what's real.

Posted by: AJ | Jun 16, 2011 3:30:27 PM

22. Although I would love to see one of the guys in this type of relationship, I would have to put my money on Tara....she just seems like the logical choice.

Posted by: Brad | Jun 16, 2011 3:54:04 PM

23. Its probably the red headed waitress friend. She's annoying.

Posted by: Shannon | Jun 16, 2011 10:59:07 PM

24. Hellooooo, people! Pam is a confirmed lesbian! Not a bisexual, not a "walk on the wild side" type of vamp. She likes the women!

Posted by: JayC | Jun 17, 2011 12:27:19 PM

25. What about Eric? He was hot as hell with Russell's lover (can't remember his name) so he's already made overtures into the realm. He also told Russell that his tastes were a little different than most.

Posted by: arktrucker | Jun 17, 2011 12:57:24 PM