"Ex-Gays" | 2012 Election | Marcus Bachmann | Michelle Bachmann | Minnesota | News | Republican Party | Tea Party

Michele Bachmann Calls Gay People 'Part of Satan': AUDIO

In 2004, at the National Education Leadership Conference, then Minnesota State Senator Michele Bachmann gave a lecture on the effects of same-sex marriage on education, in which her views on homosexuality and LGBT people are vigorously aired.

Bachmann Said Bachmann:

"I am not here bashing people who are homosexuals, who are lesbians, who are bisexual, who are transgendered. We need to have profound compassion for the people who are dealing with the very real issue of sexual dysfunction in their life, and sexual identity disorders. This is a very real issue. It’s not funny, it’s sad. Any of you who have members of your family that are in the lifestyle—we have a member of our family that is. This is not funny. It’s a very sad life. It’s part of Satan, I think, to say this is gay. It’s anything but gay."

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via good as you)

Comments

1. Wow she is not bashing people that are gay. Really? When does she consider it bashing? Do they have to kill us for it to be bashing? What also bothers me is she talks like she is a Christian, if so when did they become all about hate? Remember do unto others as you would have done to you and love they neighbor as thyself. I say if what you are doing conflicts with either one of these then you need to really think about what you are doing.
    I also get so tried of the only reason that can be given by people like her for saying that same sex marriage will destroy our country is their religious beliefs. Well I have solved it then, we will just make Civil Unions legal in every State between two people. You have to have a Civil Union to get any tax breaks be it state or federal or to have your relationship be legal. You can have your religious marriage but that will be all it is, a religious ceremony that is not legal and you will have to go get a Civil Union to get any of the state or federal benefits.
    I guess she forgot that everyone is free and that because she has one faith does not mean I have the same one.This woman really is the most frightening thing I have seen and to think people will listen to her.

Posted by: Erick | Jul 12, 2011 11:17:02 PM

2. Word in the Twin Cities has always been that Marcus Bachmann is on the "down low" according to college and high school classmates. This contradicts his running a clinic to "change" gays into heterosexuals or maybe he is just teaching them to live on the "down low". The lifestyles are not the issue. The issue is politicians saying one thing and in reality doing something quite different. The problem is not sexual orientation, the problem is a lack of truth.

Posted by: S Ring | Jul 13, 2011 12:20:41 AM

3. If anyone is part of "Satan" it's Michele Bachmann and her "pray away the gay" husband.

Posted by: Gene Knapp | Jul 13, 2011 12:37:19 AM

4. I have been convinced for awhile that the Christian "god" is really Satan in disguise. Now it's confirmed.

Posted by: Attmay | Jul 13, 2011 2:47:44 AM

5. Disgusting. Disturbing.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jul 13, 2011 3:44:30 AM

6. I suppose one should expect a few of Mr. - sorry, "Dr." Bachmann's ex-partners and rent boys to come tumbling out of the woodwork over the next few weeks: BRING IT ON...

Posted by: arch | Jul 13, 2011 5:35:48 AM

7. She is saying to use the word Gay for Homosexual "is part of Satan" - meaning misleading.

(Having a Southern Baptist side of the family helps when trying to decode this self-righteous language.)

That said it is VERY DAMNING and DANGEROUS to even utter that belief -- calling ourselves Gay - meaning happy (or Good As You) is far from Satanic.

She however is just common evil.

Posted by: RJP3 | Jul 13, 2011 6:12:39 AM

8. For some reason you left out a part of her statement that day which is at least as troubling: "It’s profoundly sad to recognize that almost all, if not all, individuals who have gone into the lifestyle have been abused at one time in their life, either by a male or by a female." She needs to be asked in interviews whether she really believes that (though I am one of those here who hopes that Republicans are dumb enough to nominate her; pledge or no pledge, she is no more dangerous than Mitt Romney because there is nothing she could realistically accomplish as President that he wouldn't also be willing to do and he has a much better shot of being elected).

Posted by: Patric | Jul 13, 2011 10:03:17 AM

9. I agree - LET HER WIN! I even want to work for her! She'd be a dream candidate for Obama!

Posted by: jimdandy421 | Jul 13, 2011 11:05:05 AM

10. it won't stop the wimps of GOProud and other GOP-apologist homosexuals from voting for her.

women with Bachmann's ideologies appeal to Gay Conservatives because they remind them of their mothers, who dont' actually love them.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jul 13, 2011 11:16:24 AM

11. I am a straight lady (old and married) BUT I have made my living in the arts so I have often been the "token straight" at social gatherings. I believe humans-are-human and that's where the similarity ends. We are a huge group of INDIVIDUALS and no two alike. I love people and find most of those individuals I have met with at least a few interesting if not lovable characteristics.

Will, Throne and Warmsun are really hearing what the woman said and how she said it. I'm a Christian heavy duty and I don't recognize--and big time in the case of Ms. Bachmann--what is preached by the Religious Far Right as having much, if any, relationship to what the bible says Jesus taught. He had two rules: "Love God with everything you have and are, and love your neighbor as yourself." He also mentioned something about judging not so that you will escape being judged by the same standard.

So, all that said? Ms. Bachmann scares me witless and I hope--and pray--that she won't become the GOP candidate, and if she does, that the sane people of this country will rise up and vote against her, because no matter who her opponent would be, I can't imagine that person could possibly be worse.

Posted by: Angelinolla | Jul 13, 2011 3:00:02 PM

12. Michele Bachmann and her husband are both very far out. Not good for the U.S. She is running on her own “gay agenda” platform. We are closing schools, laying people off. Family’s are being foreclosed on and being put out in the streets. And all this Republican running for President and her husband can do is talk about is “praying away the gay”. It is a good money maker for her, but we have bigger things to do, and I am hopping God has to. If you or your church has the gay agenda on your mind, all the time you may need to set down and talk with someone. We need to start looking at what is best for the country. Not our own religion’s views, that blow in the wind.

Posted by: cb | Jul 16, 2011 12:16:56 AM

13. CB -

The thing I do not think you might be able to see is that there are MILLIONS of Americans who WANT to believe GAY PEOPLE are to be the cause of closing schools, laying people off. Family’s are being foreclosed on and being put out in the streets.... because we threaten their deeply held belief of Straight Supremacy.

Millions of Straight Supremacy lunatics can be blamed Gays for losing "God's Blessing" when she implies even calling us Gay (the name we have chosen for ourselves) is "part of Satan".

Total disrespect.

Read more: http://www.towleroad.com/2011/07/bachmannsatan.html#ixzz1SKNbRWUY
    Especially when their political and religious leaders blame a minority group as a cover for their corruption.

Once it was the Jews.
    Then black Americans.
    Now Gay People.

Same as it ever was .... and to make the willing bigots vote for the PARTY .... they support people like this woman We are closing schools, laying people off. Family’s are being foreclosed on and being put out in the streets

Posted by: Willie T Boned | Jul 16, 2011 11:05:58 PM

14. People like her are the reason why there is so much hatred and war in this world. I feel sorry for her. It must be a pretty sad life when you walk around with so much hatred. It's always so very funny. All these religious people only follow "some"parts of the bible but not all. The bible also states love your enemy and leave jugdement to God himself. Yet you see them all judging and calling gay people names. Funny thing also is that the same bible text referring to gays also says that people that practice non marital sex are also condemned to death. So how is it that people always point out what they think is right and forget about the rest? That would mean that 99% of mankind will be condemned to death, as I don't know anyone who does not have non-marital sex or had it before they got married. Wake up, stop mixing politics with religion. That is the beginning of all evil...

Posted by: Peter | Sep 9, 2011 4:52:16 PM