News | Wal-Mart

Two Brits Go to Walmart, Find Extraordinary Things: VIDEO

Brits

Alex and Liam two musicians from the UK, take a tour of Walmart, and find extraordinary things.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via reddit)

Comments

1. I find it ironic that 2 Brits are dissing on American convenience food. They are so NOT know for their food.

Posted by: Curt | Jul 26, 2011 9:11:52 AM

2. meh, Brits being pretentious; nothing new

Posted by: Matthew | Jul 26, 2011 9:13:19 AM

3. That guys shirt is uglier than any Walmart clothing I've seen.

Posted by: Brad | Jul 26, 2011 9:19:58 AM

4. Really? You guys are being defensive about one of the worst facets of our culture?

Posted by: BCLance | Jul 26, 2011 9:22:06 AM

5. I think they seem like fun, sweet guys, who are alternately amazed and horrified in the correct measure. And really @Curt, you are offended that they are dissing "Ham and cheese loaf"???

Posted by: ron | Jul 26, 2011 9:33:36 AM

6. They were super cute!

Posted by: Mike Hunt | Jul 26, 2011 9:40:20 AM

7. I'd be more embarrassed by the douchey steampunk goggles.

Posted by: nodnarb | Jul 26, 2011 9:42:23 AM

8. The first 3 commenters are offended about people making fun of Walmart? Really?

Posted by: Brad | Jul 26, 2011 9:42:39 AM

9. Matthew take the stick out of your butt

It was funny with some symbolism on the socioeconomic conditions in america

Posted by: say what | Jul 26, 2011 9:43:53 AM

10. No Matthew they're not being pretentious - you don't understand, we Brits are always GENUINELY amazed at the stuff you get in your supermarkets. To us it's another planet.
    Ham and Cheese Loaf?? FFS! We still find it hard to believe Marshmallow Fluff exists.

Now Marmite... now you're talking

Posted by: Steve F | Jul 26, 2011 9:49:30 AM

11. Curt, obviously you haven't lived in the UK of late as I have. France has awarded more Michelin stars to British restaurants than it has in America. I think your statement about the UK not being known for its food is really about the pot calling the kettle black. America is world renowned for its junk food, it invented it. The Brits don't have as much junk food as Americans have. Lighten up.

Posted by: robert in nyc | Jul 26, 2011 10:01:41 AM

12. Cute boys...cute vid. Wal-Mart Sucks!

Posted by: Taylor | Jul 26, 2011 10:03:45 AM

13. Adorable.

Posted by: nikko | Jul 26, 2011 10:05:12 AM

14. I'm offended that it isn't funny.

Posted by: Fenrox | Jul 26, 2011 10:10:52 AM

15. I'm not sure I got the impression they were being ironic or pretentious or anything like that. Maybe a little baffled and a little amazed and little horrified, but that just made it even funnier.

Posted by: MT | Jul 26, 2011 10:10:56 AM

16. I can't believe Towleroad posted one of Alex's videos here. I follow him (and his friend/roommate Charlie [charlieissocoollike]) on YouTube and they're always charming and funny.

Posted by: Ryan | Jul 26, 2011 10:12:54 AM

17. The kid on the right in the still (Alex?) has an absolutely HILARIOUS series of YouTube videos where he reads "Twilight" and gives a recap of each chapter. He's really a funny, funny kid and a good musician to boot. I hope he goes far.

Posted by: NaughtyLola | Jul 26, 2011 10:17:32 AM

18. I thought they were cute and charming and I like the goggles. And CURT obviously didn't watch the video since they talked about food for about 3 seconds of the whole video.

Posted by: FernLaPlante | Jul 26, 2011 10:24:04 AM

19. Alex is amazingly adorable. The other isn't so bad either.

Posted by: Paul R | Jul 26, 2011 10:36:12 AM

20. So funny. These two cuties had me cracking up - especially at the end with the eye patch! Very clever. "Tea in a Petrol can!" LOL!

Posted by: OS2Guy | Jul 26, 2011 10:53:47 AM

21. This is what passes for cute and funny? Sorry, I like my cute and funny to actually be cute and funny. And, seriously, steampunk goggles and he's making fun of ANYTHING else on Earth?

PS to the uneducated boys in the video: California is not the "sunshine state". That's Florida. California is the "golden state".

If you're coming to our country to mock us -- yes, even our Walmarts -- if you can't manage cute or funny, you might at least want to not be quite so ignorant about it.

Posted by: ohplease | Jul 26, 2011 11:01:52 AM

22. Points, though, for the modern dental work.

Posted by: ohplease | Jul 26, 2011 11:02:48 AM

23. "You should just put one of these in every neighborhood..."
    "That's what they want!"

Too right. I don't know if he intentionally brought it up, or just stumbled upon the fact that Wal-Mart is the only store you need once it gets there, but I refuse to give them my money whenever possible because they run all other business out of town.

In my hometown, the main drag used to have two super markets, a host of little clothing stores, sports equipment stores, etc. Now there's only Wal Mart and fast food restaurants. Whenever I visit my parents, I have to drive 7 miles to Wal Mart...or 25 miles to the next closest grocery store when there used to be two, 3 miles away, growing up.

So I'm all for any video that makes fun of Wal-Mart and lazy Americans.

Posted by: RafiD'Angelo | Jul 26, 2011 11:32:12 AM

24. Wow. Thin-skinned comments! They were just having a little fun marveling at the phenomena that is Wal-Mart.

Posted by: Mike | Jul 26, 2011 11:50:02 AM

25. I hardly ever read the comments anymore because of the bitter queens who can't lighten up.

Posted by: Markus | Jul 26, 2011 12:24:03 PM