News | Wal-Mart

Two Brits Go to Walmart, Find Extraordinary Things: VIDEO

Brits

Alex and Liam two musicians from the UK, take a tour of Walmart, and find extraordinary things.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via reddit)

Comments

1. I've traveled in the UK a lot. There are lots of tacky big box stores there as well. I'm finding it hard to believe that these have never been to a Tesco. In fact, I think it's where Alex bought that shirt.

Posted by: m | Jul 26, 2011 1:27:06 PM

2. How may I adopt them both? Too adorable.

Posted by: prophet | Jul 26, 2011 1:35:14 PM

3. A very funny vid. The guys were pretty hot too. I never go to Wal-Mart, so I had no idea that ham-n-cheese loaf existed. Is it bad that I now want some? It just looks convenient!

Posted by: lessthan | Jul 26, 2011 1:35:15 PM

4. @Lessthan

Oscar Mayer Ham and cheese loaf is in every grocery store in America besides maybe some organic specialty stores. It's just sliced ham with bits of cheese in it. It's not exclusive to Wal-Mart. Not something I'd ever eat though. I think it's made for 8 yr olds like Bologna and Chef Boyardee.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Jul 26, 2011 2:34:13 PM

5. It reminds me of my first visit to Walmart. Yes, for us Europeans Walmart is like the ultimate American museum. What I found most fascinating was the gun isle. I had actually never seen a gun before other than on TV or at the cinema...

Posted by: stingo | Jul 26, 2011 2:36:12 PM

6. please OHPLEASE get yourself down to WalMart and buy yourself a sense of humour.

Posted by: Serendib | Jul 26, 2011 2:50:51 PM

7. Im HORRIFIED too that microwave pizza comes with breadsticks & chocholate cookies! GROSS

Posted by: MATTSY | Jul 26, 2011 2:56:42 PM

8. That type of pizza is not microwaveable. You bake it in an oven. Just like you would the cookies and bread sticks. Wow, people need to get out more. Local Americans just as ignorant as the Brits.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Jul 26, 2011 4:02:35 PM

9. I'm not defending walmart or its policies towards its employees, or even the products they sell, but if those two guys have ever shopped at an ASDA they've shopped essentially at a Wal-Mart already.

Posted by: huh? | Jul 26, 2011 4:38:43 PM

10. Speaking as an american who lives in Britain, upon first going to a British Supermarket I was equally mystified by a great many of the things I found in UK chains. The chips (crisps) alone are worth the venture. (there was a special edition squirrel flavor, I kid not)

The clothing in supermarkets is equally atrocious in both countries.

Posted by: ryan | Jul 26, 2011 7:32:18 PM

11. damned cute and my god what an amazing commentary on the horrifying state of American, uh, everything.

They are SO right on the money, and the nasty people in this thread haven't enough--what? Insight? Objectivity? Intelligence? Sense of humor??--to understand what either the adorable sense of humor of these boys AND what they're telling us about ourselves!

Come on, guys think about it: PIZZA AND COOKIES??!!

Posted by: Danny | Jul 26, 2011 9:05:51 PM

12. Curt, Matthew and Brad need to plug the jug and get a life. Bitter B*tches.

Posted by: Danny | Jul 26, 2011 9:08:08 PM

13. THEY CAN COME TO MY WAL MART ANYTIME THEY WANT. I'll TAKE 1 OR EACH OF THEM.

Posted by: JCMILES | Jul 26, 2011 10:10:58 PM

14. All you bitter hags need to get a life. Their just having fun.

Posted by: DAVID | Jul 27, 2011 4:35:03 AM

15. Mmm, I'd liiiike to "lube" with both of them at the same time,...***winkwink*** :D

Posted by: SizeQueen | Jul 27, 2011 8:11:06 PM

16. Hmm... Boneless Chicken Wygnz? I'm not sure how or why, but that spelling (on the DiGiorno box they displayed) made me lose my appetite.

Posted by: Drew | Jul 28, 2011 2:28:22 PM