George Lopez | Hillary Clinton | News | Tim Gunn

BigGayDeal.com

Tim Gunn Says Hillary Clinton's Pantsuits Mean She's 'Confused About Her Gender': VIDEO

Gunn

At an appearance on Lopez Tonight, Tim Gunn made fun of Hillary Clinton's pantsuits and suggested that she wear longer ones to hide her "cankles".

Lamented Gunn: "Why must she dress that way? I think she's confused about her gender. All these big baggy menswear tailored pants."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Gunn made similar comments in 2008, dubbing Clinton's fashion-sense "gender-confused".

Comments

1. He is a fashion guru and I think he'd give the same comment to a non-famous women.

Posted by: anon | Jul 28, 2011 12:17:42 PM

2. He is such an asswipe. He is pathetic. His 15 minutes are OVER

Posted by: Kevin Thor | Jul 28, 2011 12:50:18 PM

3. It's statements like this that makes the fashion industry look stupid.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Jul 28, 2011 12:52:17 PM

4. He believes himself to be more important than he really is. He may be "qualified" to speak about fashion, but he's certainly not qualified to speak about gender identity.

Posted by: J | Jul 28, 2011 1:03:35 PM

5. Misogynist drivel from a man wearing more foundation than a beachfront high rise. The notion of Tim Gunn as Gender Police is positively Republican in its Orwellian hypocrisy.

Pity no one with a brain was present to grill him on Clinton's accomplishments as Secretary of State. It'd be a pleasure to see him exposed as the petty air head he is.

Posted by: Bryan | Jul 28, 2011 1:21:46 PM

6. I think Gunn is confused about his relevance.

Posted by: Randy | Jul 28, 2011 1:22:04 PM

7. I'm just about done with Mr. Gunn. Cancel Project Runway already. I enjoyed the first seasons on Brave. Now it's just another zombie show on Lifetime.

Posted by: Greg | Jul 28, 2011 1:30:57 PM

8. FYI you get your comment deleted if you agree with Gunn.

Posted by: Daniel | Jul 28, 2011 1:56:52 PM

9. Never could stand him, from his fake way of talking to his shilling for Macy's. (Macy's does not equal taste in any way). Hopefully this will get him off my TV forever since I can not change the channel fast enough when he comes on.

Posted by: PDX Guy | Jul 28, 2011 1:58:24 PM

10. @Daniel I agreed with him. And my comment is still up.

Posted by: RafiD'Angelo | Jul 28, 2011 2:16:00 PM

11. Well, Nina Garcia and Michael Kors infuriated (and according to many, lost) most of the PR fans by choosing the wretched, talentless "granny panties" Gretchen over Mondo last year, so maybe Tim Gunn is trying to p*ss off the rest of 'em. What's next, Heidi making a Youtube video where she puts on high heels and steps on kittens?

Posted by: bobbyjoe | Jul 28, 2011 2:16:06 PM

12. Tim Gunn is an idiot. That's all I can say.

Posted by: William | Jul 28, 2011 2:20:54 PM

13. he's right-she looks like a man & a hag

Posted by: MATTSY | Jul 28, 2011 2:24:45 PM

14. Bitchy bullying, Ms Gunn.

Just remember, Hillary, "It Gets Better!"

Posted by: jim | Jul 28, 2011 3:19:57 PM

15. Oh Please. Im a huge hillary fan, but she isnt a fashion plate and she is a decidedly public figure. tim has every right to critique her and to have 3rd rate radio hosts try and make a big deal of this is laughable at best.

Rock on Mr Gunn

Posted by: Peter | Jul 28, 2011 3:46:13 PM

16. I seriously doubt Clinton is worried about what this guy thinks.

Posted by: Chance | Jul 28, 2011 7:03:57 PM

17. what a loser!! no wonder equal rights are taking so long...

Posted by: alan brickman | Jul 28, 2011 7:31:55 PM

18. So does this mean that kilt wearing straight Scotsmen are also 'confused' or would it just be the gay ones? More oral defecation!

Posted by: Canalien | Jul 28, 2011 7:45:45 PM

19. the queen needs to do a liitle simple research. if he bothered to do a little reading, he would discover that she also has a medical condition that makes her choose to her to wear outfits like this; he might also be interested in knowing that until she was First Lady NO insurance company would cover treatment for the condition for any woman!

Posted by: mike/ | Jul 28, 2011 7:52:45 PM

20. Tim, Tim, Tim, am I hearing the menacing theme from Jaws? It's either because Hils kicking ass and taking names and your name has just come up, oryou have Jumped The Shark. Were you drunk or having an out of body tacky experience. This kind of comment is beneath who I thought you were.

Posted by: rikard | Jul 28, 2011 8:37:00 PM

21. Should I know who Tim Gunn is?

Posted by: Garst | Jul 28, 2011 9:48:17 PM

22. You know sometimes people just need to keep their opinions to themselves and their mouths shut. This is the same old queen who said his mother didn't know he was gay until he wrote about it in his book - for heaven's sake Helen Keller could have told he was gay. And besides, mothers always know ... just might not admit it but they always know.

Posted by: Tyron | Jul 29, 2011 8:52:27 AM

23. Tim Gunn here is like Ann Coulter's twin: BOTH are inherently self-loathing and F'ED UP!

But Tim's not the only one: I'm not gonna lie, I know other femmy gays who turn into all the worst stereotypes about women, INCLUDING the tendency to claim some sort of PREMIUM on INHERENTLY DEGRADING FRILLY-FEMALE-"Bind me"-BONDAGE-wear.

Hillary Clinton is her own woman. And if Mr. Bill Clinton chose to live his life with this kick-ass CHARMER of a woman named Hillary, that is MUCH more proof that HILLARY IS A freaking FEMALE SEX SYMBOL than dull-housewife-fashion-apologist Tim Gunn.

And Tim Gunn is IRRELEVANT, plus apparently an Ann-Coulter-style make-ME-second-class type of person...

Just my take.

I don't prefer women, but I swear she is FAR sexier than her oppenents like to admit. I SWEAR more of those dudes who belittle her because she challenges them SECRETLY are mysteriously drawn to her... :-).

look at those DIMPLES. Nothin short of ADORABLE.

and, c'mon, you KNOW she's far edgier sexually than, say, boring-idiot Palin: Smart is sexy when people stop pretending women are inferior, remember??

Posted by: just_a_guy | Jul 29, 2011 12:28:03 PM

24. He's totally right! Her style has been going down since she became a politician. She looked great at her daughters wedding last year, why can't she get a stylist?

Posted by: ndsishere | Aug 1, 2011 5:04:12 AM