Marcus Bachmann | Michelle Bachmann | News

BigGayDeal.com

Marcus Bachmann Acts as Michele's Sometime Stylist

Stylist_bachmann From a 2006 Star Tribune article about the then-Congresswoman-elect's "haute" style:

Shopping help comes from another quarter, as well. Before Vice President Dick Cheney's visit this past summer, Bachmann's husband, Marcus, hit the stores -- "he's got a good sense of style" -- and came home with "a sleek, simple hourglass dress with a yoke collar in winter white." He even bought a matching coat and shoes. "I just slipped it on."

Comments

1. The Repugs get to choose between a Mormon, Ladybird Bachman (no judgment to femme dudes...ur fierce), or a closet Mo who's dumber than Bush... and scene!

Posted by: Tigger | Jul 20, 2011 11:37:49 AM

2. Well, before my man left his wife he did the same thing for her.

Posted by: Danny | Jul 20, 2011 11:48:01 AM

3. He buys her frigging dresses? With matching coat and shoes? You just can't make this stuff up.

Posted by: Anthony-S | Jul 20, 2011 11:49:01 AM

4. Trafficking in stereotypes? Yep! It's sad to see gay folks using stereotypes like this.

Come on! Attack the man for his disgusting bigotry! You're using the same stereotypes that are used against non-gender conforming individuals. Why? If there's proof the man is a closet case hypocrite, then go after him. But this just seems wrong.

Posted by: Allen | Jul 20, 2011 11:53:05 AM

5. If she is this much in denial about her husband being gay, her grasp of reality must be really, really weak.

Posted by: jerry | Jul 20, 2011 12:49:39 PM

6. I just cannot get over how much Jennifer Saunders old show The Life and Times of Vivienne Vyle is EXACTLY the Bachmanns.. even to the physical and emotional resemblences... thank god for You Tube.

Posted by: stevetalbert | Jul 20, 2011 12:53:05 PM

7. "Because Marcus Bachman doesn't fit the typical butch hetero stereotype and he's a homophobe, Towleroad and others are insinuating that he's a closet case."

No, we're saying that he's a screaming queen because he is. We're saying that he's gayer than a tree full of parrots. We're saying that Miss Marcus is so gay, he makes rainbows look glum.

And, oh look, this insanely obvious gay man just happens to believe in "ex-gay" fairy dust and is the svengali to a lunatic moron who hates the homos so much she married one.

What's sad is pretending that what's right in front of your face isn't true, much like all those Republicans have done all those years with Miss Marcus. We're not like them. We don't pretend we don't exist. We can call a queen a queen.

What's next? Liberace never said he was gay, either, so that means it's not true? How much denial of reality do you require us to live in, exactly?

It's not hateful to say this man is a flaming fruit. His saying that being a flaming fruit makes you a barbarian is hateful. His saying that being a flaming fruit is a choice is hateful. His self-hate that he projects on us is hateful.

Seriously, if you have enough time to defend Miss Marcus Bachmann and bash your fellow queers, then you have way too much time on your hands.

Posted by: ohplease | Jul 20, 2011 1:18:02 PM

8. MEMO TO ALL GAYS EVERYWHERE:

If any one of you has slept with, jerked off with, or flirted online with Marcus Bachmann, please step up to the front of the line.

Attacking his perceived gayness is fun and all, but until we get a "George Rekkers and the luggage boy" kinda photo, it's not gonna get that much more traction.

Posted by: Jollysocks | Jul 20, 2011 1:37:52 PM

9. A lot of these comments are ridiculous. The only thing that makes someone gay is the sex of the person they are attracted to and his/her sexual expression.

I can't believe that someone has to lecture a bunch of gay men about mocking someone and/or assuming someone is gay because of personality traits and behavioral characteristics. You all are cackling so much because this man "seems" gay. You know who else does that? Yeah, bigots and homophobes.

The whole series of posts that Andy has published with tongue-in-cheek insinuations that Marcus Bachmann is gay or gay-ish is childish and asinine. There are plenty of things to criticize the Bachmanns for without being petty and hypocritical. Frankly, I expect more from this blog, but it looks like someone has been spending too much with the immature weekend blogger, Andrew Belonsky.

Yeah yeah, it's not my blog and if I don't like it I can go elsewhere. OK.

Posted by: Bastian | Jul 20, 2011 3:06:45 PM

10. Reminds me of that line from Paul Rudnick's In& Out. "I'm wearing a wedding dress that you picked out!".

Posted by: Kenton | Jul 20, 2011 3:36:50 PM

11. It is hard to type when I'm laughing so hard -- but this is situation comedy funny! He's so gay that...... Yes, it's a joke when someone so supposedly straight he can make other people straight is in reality so gay he can shop for women's clothes.

Michele B, does she or doesn't she know, only her hairdresser knows for sure!

Posted by: Conversion therapy anyone? | Jul 20, 2011 3:42:27 PM

12. How sweet- can't wait to see what he will do with the White House- let's face it a flaming closet case is the ideal candidate for First Husband.

Posted by: jaragon | Jul 20, 2011 6:00:16 PM

13. He's so far in the closet he's finding Christmas presents.

Posted by: Danielle | Jul 20, 2011 6:53:20 PM

14. "GAY!"

Posted by: Perry | Jul 20, 2011 7:02:10 PM

15. Uh huh....

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Jul 20, 2011 10:17:34 PM

16. Just because he's flaming it doesn't mean he's gay. I've met straight guys who would set off anyone's gaydar. Now, if there was some sort of gay sex scandal, which wouldn't surprise me (simply because he is a republican who is adamantly anti-gay, not because of his effeminacy) then there would be grounds to accuse him of hypocracy, as I assume this article is attempting.
    However, It seems the only hypocrite here is Andy Towle himself, if he is insinuating what I think he is, in addition to the majority of the commentators (but thankfully not everyone) on this site.

Posted by: I SWEAR I HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TOO | Jul 21, 2011 12:11:01 AM

17. A "yoke collar" oh please Mary

Posted by: Robbie K. | Jul 21, 2011 12:41:34 AM

18. What the hell is a "yoke collar" - obviously I need to update my gay membership card: I'll ask the hubby when I get home and see if he knows.

Posted by: Lez | Jul 21, 2011 3:13:01 AM

19. Maybe he should open a weight loss clinic. The "lose the gay" thing does not seem to have worked.

"Yes, I may be fifty pounds overweight, but I can help YOU to lose fifty pounds." Pray the fat away? Good tag line for his clinic ads.

Posted by: Conversion therapy anyone? | Jul 21, 2011 6:20:50 AM

20. As a straight, married woman, I would like to attest that most straight, married men would be willing to buy their wive's wardrobes--as long as they could choose from a selection of halter tops and leather miniskirts. That's why we don't let them.

Tasteful hourglass dress with a winter white collar? Not a straight guy purchase.

Posted by: verap1 | Jul 21, 2011 10:39:22 AM

21. Just goes to show you can't pray the fabulous away!

Posted by: Pira | Jul 21, 2011 12:56:32 PM

22. While Michelle is out campaigning for the Presidency hubby Marcus appears to be auditioning for the center square on the "New Hollywood Squares".

Posted by: Tyron | Jul 21, 2011 1:37:37 PM

23. DOESN'T this make Michele the ultimate hag (or fruit fly for the PC)?

Posted by: G | Jul 21, 2011 2:05:16 PM

24. @JOLLYSOCKS - while in the ideal world most of us might love to see someone come forward BUT seriously, who would admit to any type of dalliance with Marcus Bachmann? Even the most publicity crazed whore should find it difficult to acknowledge.

Posted by: Tyron | Jul 21, 2011 2:58:49 PM

25. I agree, I have no problem with the jibing at Miss Marcus; in fact the use of stereotypes only consists of turning the tables on him and making him eat a taste of his own vile concoction of stereotypes and hatred toward homosexuality.

Afterall, he's the one who sucks money from people preying on their confusion about their sexual orientation and/or their personal insecurities -- and reinforces these people's own self hatred and a general hatred of all things "gay".

So yeah, I say go at it and as for smoking guns -- I'm sure the rest will come -- if we all just relax :)

Posted by: kate | Jul 21, 2011 8:21:15 PM