"Ex-Gays" | 2012 Election | Michelle Bachmann | News | Thomas Roberts

BigGayDeal.com

Thomas Roberts Scrutinizes Michele Bachmann's Husband Marcus, and His 'Ex-Gay' Therapy Theories: VIDEO

Roberts_bachmann

MSNBC's Thomas Roberts takes a closer look at Marcus Bachmann, the strategist and husband of Michele Bachmann, and his theories that homosexuals are barbarians that need to be disciplined,

Roberts talks to The Daily Beast's David Graham about what that means for her campaign.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Marcus Bachmann is totally an "ex-gay" himself. If he ever actually "acted on his sinful desires," I would hope one of his former sex partners would come forward!!!!

Posted by: qjersey | Jul 1, 2011 7:55:57 AM

2. Oh, Mary, er, Marcus, shut up. Beauty queen wave and all.

Posted by: evan | Jul 1, 2011 8:04:07 AM

3. Bachmann is as gay as christmas...High Heels Come flying out of his mouth when he talks.

Posted by: Gay American | Jul 1, 2011 8:06:34 AM

4. ...yep, taking federal funds (Taxpayer's money...you and me, folks) to "counsel" "troubled" people who have sexual issues. SO very, GOP, isn't it? Michelle Barfmann wants less government in our lives???!! WTF?..and abortion, please. The government mandating what a women chooses to do with her pregnancy? Uh, "less government", Michelle Nutjob? Idiot... You are both trolls and anyone who supports your hideous campaign/s should be ashamed. Disgusting.

Posted by: thom | Jul 1, 2011 8:16:51 AM

5. Chenk Uygar yesterday with 2 quests skirted really close to saying that he is probably a closet case & there will be a scandal

I swear it was the closest I've seen msm people saying such without actually saying it

Posted by: mstrozfckslv | Jul 1, 2011 8:25:46 AM

6. MARY......!!

I didn't hear the whole clip - when he began speaking and the purse flew out of his mouth, whacking me on the head, I was momentarily stunned...

Posted by: Chris | Jul 1, 2011 8:25:55 AM

7. It is telling that the major networks are giving Bachmann a pass on this issue.

Posted by: MacroT | Jul 1, 2011 8:27:09 AM

8. Wow. His voice sends my Gaydar ringing like church bells! And his flamboyant movements and gestures at her rallies... well, I thought I was watching a Pride parade... wait, that's not a float, that's his body!

Posted by: Wayne | Jul 1, 2011 8:27:12 AM

9. Off-topic: David Graham is adorable!

Posted by: sparks | Jul 1, 2011 8:28:12 AM

10. C'mon. Can we focus on issues that MATTER??

What about HER fiscal position on taxes and the debt? How would she manage the wars?

This other BS is nothing but powder puff fluff.

Let's get serious already!!!

Posted by: dc20008 | Jul 1, 2011 8:42:01 AM

11. is Thomas Roberts dating?...yumm

Posted by: chris | Jul 1, 2011 8:43:29 AM

12. @ Sparks, David Graham is a friend of mine, and I am totally telling him you said that. :)

Posted by: ewendel | Jul 1, 2011 8:44:40 AM

13. Marcus Bachmann is a doctor and therapist?! Where did he study?
    My prediction is there will be number of crisis and scandals on their way to the Bachmann campaign.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jul 1, 2011 8:55:51 AM

14. She is the GOP's worst nightmare. She has zero---ZERO---chance of being elected president. The GOP simply has no viable candidate. Americans don't trust Mormons, thank goodness. She's from Iowa. Those are the two factors carrying her. Can you imagine her debating Obama? I would almost feel pity for her.

Nice to hear a network say marriage equality, even if the graphic didn't.

Posted by: Paul R | Jul 1, 2011 9:03:57 AM

15. The major networks -- and the "Mainstrem" media in general -- ALWAYS "give a pass" when it comes to Teh Ghey. But the whole multi-facted subject is reaching critical mass these days. With out celebs (NPH, Ellen) the Big Gay Marriage Win in New York, and the fact that the majority in the latest polls favor gay marriage, plus a younger generation (obviously trained on Michael Cera movies) doesn't find Teh Ghey "icky," closet cases like Marcus Bachmann and Rick Perry are in DEEP DOO-DOO. Marcus especially.

Loved that line of yours, Chris.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jul 1, 2011 9:05:37 AM

16. dc200008

it is relevant in that if he is a closet case it shows that she is delusional

a delusional person running for POTUS is extremely relevant

anyway; romney with his 200+ Million $ personal wealth has tons of detectives on the case I'm sure and if the guy is a closet case it will come out

Posted by: mstrozfckslv | Jul 1, 2011 9:05:50 AM

17. Is it just me, or is there kind of a dom-sub thing going on between Thomas and David during that interview?

Posted by: Ed | Jul 1, 2011 9:14:11 AM

18. Matt26, I had the same question as you when I watched the video. I wondered what Marcus' degree is in.

I also wondered whether he is licensed to do therapy, why there are Medicare funds going to counseling by a man who apparently does therapy that has been discredited by counseling organizations.

And I could not believe his voice and his campy mannerisms. He certainly looks like a big queen. Maybe that is why he thinks the gay "barbarians" need to be "disciplined."

Posted by: John Patrick | Jul 1, 2011 9:21:43 AM

19. Oh, I think he must have been referring to the sinful urge to VOTE REPUBLICAN!!!

Posted by: Jim | Jul 1, 2011 9:23:54 AM

20. On a more serious note, I just had to add, Thomas Roberts is becoming a pretty serious force to be reckoned. Yes, he's nice to look at, but his presence on the TV Journalist front is becoming stronger. With him, Rachel Maddow, Anderson Cooper (although closeted) there are several powerful gays in powerful places in TV Media. Go Thomas!

Posted by: Jim | Jul 1, 2011 9:34:36 AM

21. Did you know that all 23 of the Bachmann foster children were girls? I wonder why no teenaged boys were welcomed into the Bachmann home?

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Jul 1, 2011 9:48:12 AM

22. On a more serious note, I want to seriously get into an Anderson Cooper and Thomas Roberts sandwich.

Posted by: MrJ | Jul 1, 2011 10:03:55 AM

23. Valerie Cherish wants her hairdresser back

Posted by: Alex | Jul 1, 2011 10:11:15 AM

24. DC20008: This matter is ABSOLUTELY relevant. It's a clear demonstration of her disconnect from reality and her disregard for the truth.

Posted by: WildGift | Jul 1, 2011 10:13:56 AM

25. @John Patric, according their own site, MA - Regent University, VA, PhD - Clinical Psychology, Union Graduate School, OH
    I don't know this school or university. Someone?

Posted by: Matt26 | Jul 1, 2011 10:21:11 AM