Coldplay | Music | Robyn

Robyn Covers Coldplay 'Every Teardrop is a Waterfall': LISTEN

Robyn

Arjan Writes points us to this cover of Coldplay's "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" dropped by Swedish songstress Robyn at BBC Radio One's Live Lounge.

Writes Arjan: "It is a beautifully performed and arranged reinterpretation of Coldplay's anthemic orginal that comes at a perfect time. With all the bleak news headlines of the last few days, Robyn provides comfort, hope and light with this wonderful cover."

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

Check Towleroad later for Norman Brannan's Tuesday music update!

Comments

1. I think Pitchfork put it best:

'The lyric "I'd rather be a comma/ Than a full stop" sounds less dopey when Robyn sings it.'

Posted by: John | Jul 26, 2011 12:36:15 PM

2. I love anything this chick touches. She's vastly talented and underrated in the States.

Posted by: Matt Deveaux | Jul 26, 2011 1:48:37 PM

3. She's incredible live as well!

Posted by: Christian | Jul 26, 2011 3:14:23 PM

4. Meh. I know I'm in the minority but I tend to think Robyn is never really as good as I want her to be. Her voice is nasal, she meanders around a melody and never really conjures much emotion with her singing. (The only exception for me might be her single "With Every Heartbeat" but I attribute at least half of that song's success to Kleerup's excellent producing work.) As a person, I think she's awesome, just not that into her as a singer. Certainly not the same caliber as, say, Roisin Murphy.

Posted by: Nuflux | Jul 26, 2011 3:42:53 PM

5. @Nuflux I'm with you. I don't really get it.

In fact, that point at 2:46 is fairly painful. I agree that she's great as a person. But, this is... kinda boring.

Posted by: Ben | Jul 26, 2011 5:49:23 PM

6. the song itself is a stinker, but this arrangement is at least listenable.

Posted by: Tanner Vale | Jul 26, 2011 8:24:28 PM