Gay Marriage | News | Tim Pawlenty

BigGayDeal.com

Tim Pawlenty:
Marriage Between A Man And A Woman Should Be Elevated

Tpawgay

Oh boy.

Presidential Candidate Tim Pawlenty appeared today on CNN's State of The Union with Candy Crowley to explaon why he thinks same-sex couples are not deserving of equal rights.

"A man and a woman are joined together for obvious reasons," said the presidential candidate.

He continued, "I think when society devalues traditional marriage by saying all other domestic relationships are the same as traditional marriage you then dilute and devalue traditional marriage."

Watch Crowley's exchange with Pawlenty, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Is this nothing still running?? He'll be gone by Christmas. A political turd.

Posted by: princely54 | Jul 24, 2011 8:38:59 PM

2. he's so not convincing. i don't think he believes a word of this crap. he just wants to win. he'd probably marry a gay man if it meant he got the nomination.

Posted by: jr | Jul 24, 2011 9:02:55 PM

3. Tim Pawlenty is a major snore and no matter what he does it isn't registering in the polls.
    These Republicants should be punished at the polls come 2012. The GOP presidential field is a hot mess and John Beohner and the House Republicants are the most ignorant and incompetent majority this country has ever seen!

Posted by: NY2.0 | Jul 24, 2011 9:52:32 PM

4. maybe I'm stupid but I have yet to understand how marriage equality devalues heterosexual marriage-will someone PLEASE explain this to me???

Posted by: Grover Underwood | Jul 24, 2011 11:37:15 PM

5. I love how Candy Crowley asks tough questions in a very easy, soft spoken way. Pawlenty's weak logic did him no favors during this interview.

Posted by: FRH | Jul 25, 2011 12:30:01 AM

6. And talk about the Black church????? LOL!

Posted by: CHRIS DACHOCOLATEBEARCUB | Jul 25, 2011 12:55:31 AM

7. I'm a bit mystified why anyone would call that a good interview with tough questions. God knows it was better than most, but it was still weak.

Pawlenty opposes ANY legal recognition for us. The audience didn't hear that.

Posted by: BobN | Jul 25, 2011 1:26:06 AM

8. Governor Pawlenty thinks his sexual orientation makes him superior to me. And he can't even fathom a world that does not socially, morally andlegally privilege him by denigrating and denying fundamental human rights to gay people.

Sure glad he made that clear...

Who elects these people?!

Posted by: Just_a_guy | Jul 25, 2011 7:51:47 AM

9. Okay, I want a list of straight people who refuse to get marred just because I married my boyfriend. If I'm devaluating marriage, I want names!

Posted by: wimsy | Jul 25, 2011 9:18:22 AM

10. So "traditional marriage" should be "elevated" because it's such a special and unique institution... so special and unique that millions of people have been getting married for centuries! If it's "traditional" it can't be "unique."

Posted by: KevinVT | Jul 25, 2011 10:50:31 AM

11. "In particular what should gay couples,lesbian couples, NOT HAVE, that straight couple do?" What a perfectly worded question by Candy Crowley. Of course this idiot did not answer it.

Posted by: Michael In Philly | Jul 25, 2011 1:17:29 PM

12. Michelle Bachmann, in an attempt to out-conservative Mr. Pawlenty, quickly reset the bar with her declaration that same-sex couples should take the stairs...

Posted by: BobN | Jul 25, 2011 2:38:09 PM