Anderson Cooper | News

Anderson Cooper Gets The Giggles While Discussing Gerard Depardieu: Video

CooperGiggles

You may have heard that French actor Gerard Depardieu urinated on the floor of a plane this week.

Well, in case you didn't, Anderson Cooper discussed it during his show's "Ridiculist" segment last night. Unfortunately for the anchor -- though fortunately for all of us -- Cooper couldn't keep himself together while reading the pun-laden script, including the line that sent him off the rails: "[The cleaning crew] should thank their lucky stars it wasn't Depar-two."

I have to admit, it is pretty funny, and I'm not sure I would have been able to keep it together, either.

Watch Cooper get the giggles, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. i miss giggling like a little girl.

Posted by: Joe | Aug 18, 2011 7:42:36 AM

2. oh my god I want to slap him silly.

Posted by: rascal | Aug 18, 2011 8:07:19 AM

3. So cute and adorable.

Posted by: The Realist | Aug 18, 2011 8:10:17 AM

4. So closeted.

Posted by: MARCUS BACHMANN | Aug 18, 2011 8:20:20 AM

5. Wow! Dude totally disintegrated into a little girl! Wow! He is freakin' cute!

Posted by: MT | Aug 18, 2011 8:23:16 AM

6. When I read that he finally came out on national tv, this is NOT what I was expecting! lol.

Posted by: Tonic | Aug 18, 2011 8:33:13 AM

7. His laughing was far funnier than the jokes. Absolutely endearing and adorable.

Posted by: Paul R | Aug 18, 2011 8:40:32 AM

8. Seriously, Marcus B. Anyone who believes A.C. is closeted isn't paying attention. Did you see the video?

Posted by: The Realist | Aug 18, 2011 8:46:20 AM

9. As Dieter might say, "I am as happy as a little girl!"

Posted by: homoDM | Aug 18, 2011 8:48:03 AM

10. Wow, who is Anderson's writer? That monologue was incredibly clever.

Posted by: rb | Aug 18, 2011 9:11:41 AM

11. Totally adorable giggling and very clever scripting. His giggles and smile made my morning. :)

Posted by: Beto | Aug 18, 2011 9:16:01 AM

12. he is the most adorable man alive

Posted by: Derek | Aug 18, 2011 9:19:05 AM

13. This is adorable. Cute and clever.
    I love Anderson Cooper

Posted by: A.G. | Aug 18, 2011 9:22:30 AM

14. @Derek...You are so right! Just "the most adorable man alive" on this planet...and so human, too!

He makes the world a place a much better place just by being himself!

Posted by: Lonewillow | Aug 18, 2011 9:52:53 AM

15. His laugh is infectious. I feel like I'm watching that video of that baby kitty kicking up its paws.

Posted by: Gregoire | Aug 18, 2011 10:00:00 AM

16. I want him even more.

Posted by: Ken | Aug 18, 2011 10:01:30 AM

17. Most of the time I associate potty humor with immaturity. Not in this case.

As you know, every once in a while, for some unexplained reason, this child like quality erupts within ourselves and we just can't help it. The harder we try to compose ourselves, the more futile the effort becomes and we eventually just have succumb to it.

This was a refreshing side of Anderson Cooper we don't get to see very often. Exception being when he's in the company of Kathy Griffin. In those cases he comes across more as a silly little school girl. I hope he never loses that.

Posted by: mytwocents | Aug 18, 2011 10:12:47 AM

18. I want him so bad! Who else can cover wars, natural disasters, and silly stuff like this man? Give him the the "Golden Giggle Award". I love you Anderson!

Posted by: Jim | Aug 18, 2011 10:28:30 AM

19. Anderson just went up to the top of my "it's not cheating" list. J'adore!!!

Posted by: TickledPink | Aug 18, 2011 10:29:02 AM

20. Adorable.

Listen to "This never actually happened to me" -- gay gay gay gay GAY!

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

;-)

Posted by: Michael in Toronto | Aug 18, 2011 11:22:30 AM

21. How cute and adorable.
    Well written text.

Posted by: Matt26 | Aug 18, 2011 11:29:00 AM

22. "giggling like a little girl", "happy as a little girl", "adorable", "baby kitty kicking up its paws", "silly little school girl"

I can't imagine why anyone reading all this would conclude that all the stereotypes about gay men are totally true.

God help us.

Posted by: Rick | Aug 18, 2011 11:35:52 AM

23. When Anderson first started to anchor on CNN,I had all these GF's that 'insisted' he was straight. So, even though my 'Gaydar' had gone off, I began to doubt myself. Until one day during some report my favorite little VanderBilt started to giggle, well, that was all the proof I will ever need that he is fully, irrefutably, most definitely Gay. No straight man can obtain that 13 year old girls giggle, not even actors, try as they might. It endears me to Anderson for life. Although some might find fault that he hasn't taken up billboards in Times Square saying he is Gay. Anderson has proven to be a REAL champion for Gay Rights, by confronting our issues daily in his reporting. That is a lot more than any other Gay man has been willing to do on a consistent daily basis, and I LOVE him for it....and the giggle.

Posted by: booka | Aug 18, 2011 11:41:01 AM

24. very cute.

Posted by: dattexas | Aug 18, 2011 11:42:56 AM

25. @Rick: Yeah, God help us, because Anderson Cooper goes "tee hee hee!" I bet when you laugh, you go "HAR HAR HAR!" Or maybe you don't even laugh at all, because you're too worried about what other people might think.

Posted by: homoDM | Aug 18, 2011 11:54:38 AM