Ann Coulter | Christopher Barron | GOProud | Jimmy LaSalvia | News | Republican Party | Tea Party

Ann Coulter Joins Board of Gay Conservative Group GOProud

Pundit Ann Coulter has joined gay conservative group GOProud as Honorary Chair of its Advisory Council, the group announced today:

Ann_coulter Coulter’s official title will be “Honorary Chair and Gay Icon.” “Ann Coulter is a brilliant and fearless leader of the conservative movement, we are honored to have her as part of GOProud’s leadership,” said Christopher Barron, Chairman of GOProud’s Board. “Ann helped put our organization on the map. Politics is full of the meek, the compromising and the apologists – Ann, like GOProud, is the exact opposite of all of those things. We need more Ann Coulters.”

“I am honored to serve in this capacity on GOProud’s Advisory Council, and look forward to being the Queen of fabulous,” said Coulter.

Coulter joins Margaret Hoover, Grover Norquist, Andrew Breitbart, Liz Mair, Chuck Muth, Lisa De Pasquale, Christian Josi, Roger Stone, Andrew Langer, Kathryn Serkes and Bob Carlstrom on the GOProud Advisory Council.

Watch Coulter talk about GOProud this week on C-SPAN's BookTV, AFTER THE JUMP...

You may have missed...
Ann Coulter Wants the World to Shut Up About the Gays: VIDEO [tr]
Ann Coulter Won't Say How She Would Feel if Her Child Was Gay [tr]
Watch: Ann Coulter, Greg Gutfeld Mock Gays in the Military [tr]

Comments

1. GOSHAME

Posted by: Wes | Aug 9, 2011 9:56:43 AM

2. I call my dog a "gay icon." Doesn't make it so.

Posted by: nodnarb | Aug 9, 2011 9:57:00 AM

3. Why does it take that many people, and that many straight people, to advise GOProud? Do they not know what they're doing?

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Aug 9, 2011 10:00:27 AM

4. Gay icon??? Queen of fabulous?!?!?!! I almost fell out of my chair. What a shame. Can we just retire the phrase "gay icon" all together, I really can't deal with it nowadays.

Posted by: Christian | Aug 9, 2011 10:02:19 AM

5. They're perfect for each other.

Posted by: Oliver | Aug 9, 2011 10:06:40 AM

6. I guess I'm just an "angry gay" who hates this bag of fraud !
    Listening to her is sickening.
    I'd call her a Trojan horse.....but I like horses.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Aug 9, 2011 10:08:45 AM

7. “Honorary Chair and Gay Icon.”

Sometimes the punch lines write themselves.

Posted by: Ernie | Aug 9, 2011 10:09:26 AM

8. "Queen of Fabulous"...Huh. I'm mildly confused. Didn't she recently say she was tired of hearing about gays & gay rights.

Posted by: NSRob | Aug 9, 2011 10:13:54 AM

9. This is a joke right? Gay icon? She is one of the most loathsome, ignorant, homophobic, racist, hateful see-you-next-tuesdays that has ever lived. GOProud is a joke.

Posted by: FernLaPlante | Aug 9, 2011 10:15:41 AM

10. Proves just how sick gay republican GOProuders really are. Delusional at best. They make the Log Cabiners look liberal.

Posted by: Robert in NYC | Aug 9, 2011 10:16:19 AM

11. Grover Norquist ??? Ann Coulter ? How disgusting. What an absolute bag of sick. Filthy stuck up rich arrogant arseholes who care about absolutely nothing except money. What the hell is GOPproud ?

Posted by: paul | Aug 9, 2011 10:19:55 AM

12. Way to steal back the crazy from the Teabaggers, GOPuleeze!

Posted by: ESA | Aug 9, 2011 10:20:24 AM

13. We need Ann Coulter. She's witty and effective. OK, she's not the best exponent of gay rights but she's also not the worst. Keep in mind that the Leftist media is full of people who talk about gay rights but never want to admit to being gay. They're hypocrites there on the Left.

Posted by: jason | Aug 9, 2011 10:26:20 AM

14. Oh, goodie! I didn't have enough reasons to hate GOProud!

Posted by: Mona | Aug 9, 2011 10:32:09 AM

15. Why am I not surprised that GOProud's board of advisers is made up, almost exclusively (if not exclusively), of anti-gay straight people.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Aug 9, 2011 10:35:24 AM

16. Jason, no one needs Ann Coulter and if your justification is "they do it too" then there really isn't a leg to stand on.

Be better, not petty.

Posted by: Polyboy | Aug 9, 2011 10:37:55 AM

17. @NSROB: To be fair, I'm sure GOPRoud never cared about gay rights to begin with, so I think she'll be fine. She doesn't want to hear about gay rights and they don't want to talk about gay rights. A match made in Hell.

Posted by: luminum | Aug 9, 2011 10:41:00 AM

18. I think what GOProud has honed in on is the fact that Ann Coulter does not believe 90% of what Ann Coulter says. Ann Coulter admits to being an entertainer, who feeds on pissing people off. Her extreme views are a form of making a more subtle point by way of hyperbole.

Do I like her or agree with GOProud's decision here? No, not really.

But I also think that the likes of Michelle Bachmann, Rick Santorum, Sarah Palin, etc... are a lot more *actually* anti-gay than Ann Coulter is.

Posted by: Jack | Aug 9, 2011 10:41:54 AM

19. I'm sure the primary purposes of the "Board of Advisors" are to give GOProud credibility in the conservative political world (cause it sure don't do that in the LGBT world) and to raise money. It might actually help with the money part. Looks mostly like a list of people who are famous for being famous.

Posted by: jpeckjr | Aug 9, 2011 10:44:55 AM

20. Well that's just peachy. Words mean nothing as we know JACK, so it's just a ok that Ann makes money from humiliating and demeaning gays because she doesn't really mean it does she?

Damn, I'd hate for you to have my back if I needed some help down the line in my life. Sheez.

Posted by: Rowan | Aug 9, 2011 10:45:54 AM

21. Kind of like inviting Dracula to run your blood bank, isn't it?

Posted by: jomicur | Aug 9, 2011 10:47:06 AM

22. My ex, the Republican Citibank lawyer from Hell, served as a military prosecutor of gay guys in the Naval JAG office in Boston, back in the 50's. He thought NOTHING of stringing up poor, found-out, unfortunates during the day, while he was living a very closety life at night.

He had *no* problem in rationalizing that if you were stupid enough to get caught, then you deserved what you got.

I will never forgive myself for having slept with that odious toad once --- let alone for 15 years.

I *know* how self-delusion works. So does Chris Barron and the fools who belong to GOProud. The only people they're fooling, though, are themselves. Quite successfully.

Posted by: JoyZeeBoy | Aug 9, 2011 10:49:24 AM

23. Rowan:

Words mean different things in different contexts. I never said I liked what she says, I just said that as I (and apparently GOProud) have understood it, she is being purposefully hyperbolic to make a point, rather than literal.

But of course, you hear things you don't like, and your brain probably shuts off except for the part that screams "homophobia" and "wicked witch of the west."

Posted by: Jack | Aug 9, 2011 10:51:43 AM

24. Jason, Ron Paul supports DOMA and so does GOProud that also opposed repeal of DADT. So go ahead, vote against yourself. You're sick!

Posted by: Robert in NYC | Aug 9, 2011 10:52:29 AM

25. Good God what's next? Charlie Sheen & Lindsay Lohan co-heading the DEA???

Posted by: Randall | Aug 9, 2011 10:54:20 AM