Comments

1. walter says

this country is supposed to be born on freedom and religious separation rick perry seems determined to christian sharia law on the country. he may be right for texas but not for the country. time to take the country back from right wing nut jobs.

2. Max says

Muslim prayers = freedom of religion, diversity, multiculturalism

(As in, hey, let’s build a 9/11 mosque!)

Christian prayers = “religious separation,” “christian sharia law,” “right wing nut jobs”

3. StillmarriedinCA says

@Max–research what these people stand for and what they preach about. They do, in fact, stand for the equivalent of Christian Sharia Law, are, in fact, right wing nut jobs, and deserve to be shunned, ridiculed and combatted.

4. Max says

StillmarriedinCA (cool name, btw), it was more a comment on how the Muslim equivalent, far more lethal, is given a free pass.

Perhaps, however, the protest would be more suited for an anti-gay event, rather than a prayer for America? Unless I’m mistaken, the prayer didn’t mention marriage at all. (Or am I wrong?)

5. Miss Margaret says

For one I believe in the U.S. Constitution. We all are guaranteed many right’s. Then why are we having to fight for our right’s again and again just because the right side of the political process want’s the nation to believe that the U.S. Constitution does not say what it says. Just some other way to pervert our way of live.

I would be glad when all of Gods children can live together in harmony and peace.
    HATE pervert’s harmony.

We have had war’s upon war’s because of hate. You would think we all would have learned how to live together in harmony instead of the Hate all way’s getting
    in the way

I shake my head at all this strife that is being talk about over our nation and it sickens me to no end to see and hear organization’s that I always thought advocated peace and love preach against those of us that are LGBT.

It make’s me ashamed to call myself a Christian with this kind of hate they
    spread.

What ever happened to the saying love conquers all. or If you have love then let it shine before you so all will see it and want it too. It’s so sad what we as a nation and world are being faced with today……

6. woodroad34d says

Rick Perry:

Matthew 7-16:

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22“Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23“And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’

Yeah, some Christians

7. says

It is rather amusing how many people who are clearly not practicing Christians quote talking points like “it make’s me ashamed to call myself a Christian with this kind of hate they spread”. Either be a Christian or go make up your own little religion and see how it works for you- you can’t have it both ways.

8. FunMe says

Perry and his type are just another group of CHINOs (Christian In Name Only) bringing in HATE toward our beautiful nation. They need to be continuosly exposed and ridiculed so that their divisiveness is kept away from our nation’s government We have enough DC FANATICS that need to be taken out with the rest of the trash already.

9. Ambrose says

@AConservativeTeacher: Who made you arbiter of who is or isn’t Christian. If we’re playing that game, try this on for size: Jesus said, “Judge not,” but you’re eager to judge who isn’t a Christian. You ignore Jesus’ example and teachings. So, you’re not one” (admittedly, by this logic, I wouldn’t be one, either.) Why not just stop playing the Pharisee?