"Ex-Gays" | 2012 Election | Iowa | Michelle Bachmann | News

Michele Bachmann Attends Anti-Gay Iowa Church Service Featuring Video of 'Ex-Gay' Man: WATCH

Exgay

Back in 2010 I posted a video of "ex-gay" Adam Hood, a man who allegedly dumped his homosexuality (but not his gold ascot) after an encounter with God in SF's Castro District.

Bachmann Michele and Marcus Bachmann attended a church service yesterday in Waukee, Iowa where the pastor denounced homosexuality and played Hood's video, MSNBC reports:

When Bachmann and her husband returned to their seats, Mullen began a half-hour presentation on his church's beliefs. Reading verses from the Bible to support his case, Mullen said, "We inherently know that homosexual behavior is immoral and unnatural."

“God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness,” Mullen said, reading from the book of Romans.

Mullen’s sermon concluded with video testimonial from a man named Adam Hood, who claims to have been gay before experiencing a conversation with God. "I am so happy God has given me natural affection for a woman," Hood said in the video, adding that his wife is nine months pregnant.

"We need to have compassion for people that are bound by that sin," Hood added. "And it is a sin. Call a spade a spade."

Watch Hood's nutty video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. That hideous scarf is a sin!

Posted by: David | Aug 8, 2011 11:59:17 AM

2. She said it was "frivolous" yesterday. I guess not anymore.

Posted by: Max | Aug 8, 2011 12:08:10 PM

3. are you sure Adam Hood isn't from The Onion

Just saying either he is utterly delusional or its from The Onion

Posted by: say what | Aug 8, 2011 12:12:46 PM

4. "all sinful, wicked people" I wonder people attending that "church" ceremony included? People I wouldn't like to meet.
    I am sure MB won't talk about this either.

Posted by: Matt26 | Aug 8, 2011 12:13:16 PM

5. Poor thing.

Posted by: tranquilo | Aug 8, 2011 12:18:20 PM

6. Wow, a gay man who can impregnate a woman! Will wonders never cease? BTW, Miss Hood, I, too, have had a "natural affection" for women but it didn't mean I wanted to have sex with them. You're not fooling us at all, honey, just yourself!!

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Aug 8, 2011 12:19:07 PM

7. These are people who think Adam Hood and Marcus Bachmann are not gay when there are alien life forms in other galaxies who know they're gay. I wonder how much they believe it, though -- would they let either one of these Marys marry their daughters? And I have to wonder what if anything was going through Missy Marcus's empty head as he watched his fellow queen on the screen.

Posted by: ohplease | Aug 8, 2011 12:21:27 PM

8. I can't believe I missed this the first time; I was crying with laughter about a minute in. My observation of conversion of therapy has been that they try to inculcate stereotypically 'masculine' behaviour, because they view all homosexuals as inherently feminine. Clearly that part of the process didn't take here.

"... [God] can also do it by cracking a whip."

... I think he might enjoy God cracking the whip on his backside.

Posted by: Nat | Aug 8, 2011 12:28:31 PM

9. Ah, where's Buddy Cole when you need him:

Adam Hood is a parody, either intentionally (I hope, for his sake--brilliant, dude) or un--, like Marcus and Michele. Of course the lunatic right, and their zealous intellectually-vacant millions, have no appreciation for self-parody or irony.

Posted by: Ernie | Aug 8, 2011 12:35:48 PM

10. I was scanning through the comments from the last time this was posted; I think someone made the astute observation that - if this is real - Hood has a predilection to extremes of behaviour, likely caused by massive insecurity. I suspect he might bounce out of this insanity sooner rather than later, but I feel sorry for him, because he's simply going to replace one extreme for another.

Posted by: Nat | Aug 8, 2011 12:42:09 PM

11. Wait, that isn't a joke?

Posted by: Sam | Aug 8, 2011 12:42:57 PM

12. gay sex is so FILTHY!!, he says. we get diseases when we do it that way. ewww!

so why do straight people get STDs? is it because straight sex is so clean?

Posted by: mike128 | Aug 8, 2011 12:45:40 PM

13. You can say whatever you want about me, I really don't care, but start in on my Dad? You're just asking for me to strangle you with that nasty scarf (who does she think she is? Barbra Streisand?)

Posted by: Jon Mitchell | Aug 8, 2011 12:45:44 PM

14. BAAHahahahahahahaha! LMFAO! Wait, wait, wait... hold it. Is this from The Onion? Hahaha. I can't even get through it! Pleas etell me some queen has infiltrated this church and is goofing them to the 10th power!

HA!

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Aug 8, 2011 12:48:50 PM

15. "Hood said in the video, adding that his wife is twenty-five motnhs pregnant . . . ."

Posted by: Russell | Aug 8, 2011 12:53:10 PM

16. Y'know, it's like lately this entire country is a movie being directed by Ed Wood.

Posted by: bobbyjoe | Aug 8, 2011 12:59:36 PM

17. or David Lynch...

Posted by: seth | Aug 8, 2011 1:17:21 PM

18. Religion is a choice. Why buy second-hand what you already own? Love, Jonster

Posted by: Jonster | Aug 8, 2011 1:17:36 PM

19. his wife is nine pregnant but who's the father not this guy? he too busy looking at himself in a mirror. his ascot is really a giveaway nto something many straights go for.

Posted by: walter | Aug 8, 2011 1:20:05 PM

20. There is something intrinsically evil and perverse for people like radical right winger Bachmann who makes a career out of dehumanizing, villifying and denigrating one group of people who don't fit into their belief system. How would they like it if we did the same to them calling for a ban on religion? Oh I forgot, they already play the victim card and get away with it.

Posted by: Robert in NYC | Aug 8, 2011 1:21:37 PM

21. Okay
    A) He likely isn't gay...did you see that scarf?
    B) Even gay men can get women pregnant...but I guess a good beard always helps deflect, distract, and obfuscate (god, I hope the kid has better taste than to wear that scarf)...and...
    C) I have no doubt Goldie had a conversation with God in the Castro: It was either on Easter Sunday and Hood was having a drunken conversation with the Hunky Jesus contest winner or it was 3am and he was trolling Collingwood Park after scoring a hit of ecstacy and meth.

Posted by: Jay | Aug 8, 2011 1:23:02 PM

22. I believe he said he saw himself "in a cage". Does anyone think that he was seeig his reflection in the mirror? Sounds like this queen was tweaked out, had a bad S&M experience, and ran away with his tail tucked! What a crazy.

Posted by: PtownQueen | Aug 8, 2011 1:48:14 PM

23. He couldn't just wear a tie?

Posted by: Vince | Aug 8, 2011 1:53:20 PM

24. GURLLLLLLL...look at that little vanity scarf....QUEEN, QUEEN, QUEEN....Maybe he's just horny and isn't getting any, but alas...as he says a Spade is Spade and I say a HOMOSEXUAL IS A HOMOSEXUAL....and this one is all a "NELLIE, LITTLE GIRLBOY!!!...tadah!

Posted by: Lonewillow | Aug 8, 2011 1:54:52 PM

25. The Bachmann's are an abomination. This guy is in deep denial.

Posted by: Gay Bro | Aug 8, 2011 2:01:00 PM