News: Pete Burns, Wikipedia, JJ Abrams, Housewives, Sean Avery

Road What we have going for us.

RoadGoogle backs restoration of Bletchley Park after backing bid to buy papers of Alan Turing.

Fonda RoadJane Fonda at 73: "Your body may fall apart, but on every level that really matters, you can ascend toward enlightenment, wisdom, and authenticity. That's what I'm going for."

RoadPete Burns takes a different approach than Fonda.

RoadFirst look at Anne Hathaway as Catwoman.

RoadMcDonald's attacker of trans woman Chrissy Lee Polis pleads guilty: "Prosecutors expect to seek a prison term of five years when [Teonna Monae Brown] is sentenced next month."

RoadWikipedia losing contributors: "Speaking with The Associated Press on the sidelines of the website's annual conference, Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales said the nonprofit company that runs the site is scrambling to simplify editing procedures in an attempt to retain volunteers. 'We are not replenishing our ranks,' said Wales. 'It is not a crisis, but I consider it to be important.'"

RoadNeil Patrick Harris and David Burtka's kids have playdate with Elton John and David Furnish's son, in St. Tropez.

RoadRehab: Coldplay pays tribute to Amy Winehouse.

Vanderplaats RoadDid Bob Vander Plaats get thrown under the 'Values Bus'?

RoadJean-Paul Gaultier to interview Lady Gaga for the CW: "The interview special will feature Lady Gaga meeting with designer Jean Paul Gaultier at his atelier in Paris to talk about her relationship with fans, her control over her image, and her relationship with fans."

RoadFiveThirtyEight: The stock market is the least of Obama's worries.

RoadJJ Abrams says he may create a gay character for the next Star Trek movie: "You know what’s funny? As someone who was never a huge Star Trek fan and I didn’t watch the shows. And my experiences with the movie was the first series and then watching and re-watching some of the movies that I’ve seen. I’m frankly shocked that in the history of Star Trek there have never been gay characters in all the series. In Deep Space Nine and all the Enterprises that that’s never come up….So I do believe that it’s something that, you know, should happen and I would love to be able to be a part of that."

RoadNY Ranger Sean Avery arrested for shoving a cop.

Turtle RoadTurtle transforms.

RoadPolice in Australia believe that at least 26 suicides can be attributed to abuse by pedophile Catholic priests.

RoadCouple accused in Palm Springs hate crime face September 27 hearing: "Bates and Sheehy began punching the men with closed fists while yelling derogatory comments directed at their sexual orientation, according to police. One of the victims had teeth knocked out during the attack and both suffered bruises and cuts and were hospitalized, investigators said."

RoadMatthew Rettenmund reacts to the reactions to his interview with wannabe gay teen socialite Kevin Michael Barba.

RoadReal Housewives network in the Hamptons: "To some, a 'Housewives' social pecking order has emerged. 'Kelly Bensimon worked at Elle before, so she’s more appropriate for fashion parties,' said Ariel Moses of Fingerprint Communications, who represents the Axe Lounge at Dune Southampton. 'She’s also an actual socialite. LuAnn, she has a great name, so she’s good for charities. Jill is a businesswoman. So if I’m doing an event around powerful women, we’ll feature her….And the funny thing to emerge from the show is that Sonja Morgan has become the queen of the gays,' Ms. Moses added. 'They love her. She’s always tweeting about that now.'"

Comments

1. Dnashty says

“Sonja Morgan has become the queen of the gays,’ Ms. Moses added. ‘They love her.”

Really? Just because I’m gay I’m now supposed to “love” that airhead bimbo whose only claim to either fame or fortune is that she married and divorced a rich banker sugar daddy??

2. Brian in Texas says

I personally think 5 years is too harsh a sentence for this fight/assault; assuming she has no priors. It was vicious, but it was not premeditated and there were no weapons involved. I’m sure words were exchanged between the victim and assailant prior to the fight.

Does anyone else find it odd that this is essentially a biological man being beat up by two teenage girls? One of whom is in junior high school!

3. walter says

26 suicides and the bishop doesn’t think that there has to be an investigation? what does think would warrant one somebody stealing from the poor box or trying to ban bingo.

4. Charlie says

Well, I belong to a gay group that has a Wikipedia page (it’s a rather long-term and influential organization). Every time I try and update the page with more current information (for instance updating the names of the officers which are wildly out of date) someone comes along and reverts it. So I’ve given up.

5. ohplease says

@Brian in Texas, I find it odd that you’re defending a lowlife who committed a hate crime while insulting a transwoman.

If the day ever comes when you’re assaulted, I hope your assailant gets off as easily as you wish this one had.

And as far as being a “biological” man, judging from this post of yours, it’s a fair guess that “biological” is the only way you yourself fit the description of “man”.

6. BobN says

“It was vicious, but it was not premeditated and there were no weapons involved. I’m sure words were exchanged between the victim and assailant prior to the fight.”

Yeah, cuz the type of criminal we most want out on the streets is the impulsive kind…

7. Jeff says

RICHARD H SANSBURY

1LT – O2 – Army –

Casualty was on Jul 19, 1972
    In , SOUTH VIETNAM
    Hostile, died of wounds

He died while Hanoi Jane was up North cheering on the Viet Cong. He would have been 63 now. You can say to let it go, it was a long time ago. But he’s still dead. Wonder if his family feels all warm and fuzzy when they see Jane at 73.

8. gregory brown says

If Bob Vander Plop falls out of favor with the wingnuts, it might be a relie.f for him. He’d have to get a real job, of course, but he’d be freer to come out. Getting away from the Orange City/Pella Axis would be healthy for him, too.

9. Moo says

Oi, guys, can I be really honest? I HATE the fact that when you click on a picture, it doesn’t direct you to the actual article relating to it. To me, it seems like common sense to do so, and I feel like it’d be a lot more user friendly. I’ve felt this way for years now and have been hoping you guys would eventually come to this conclusion, but damn it, please, really, sincerely, address this issue. It’s so minor, but it’d make a large impact in the long wrong.

Love your blog and work otherwise, keep up the good work. ~

10. johnny says

I can’t for the life of me figure out who watches Real Housewives (of any city) and WHY they would watch it.

Is there anything more useless on TV right now?