2012 Election | Iowa | Michelle Bachmann | News

BigGayDeal.com

Michele Bachmann Leads Iowa State Fair Corn Poll: PHOTO

Cornpoll

Michele Bachmann leads the Iowa State Fair corn poll.

(photo Dave Weigel)

Comments

1. This is where Stephen Colbert's new PAC Super-group will help...

What was a folksy early-read on politics has become a down-home Conservative Freak-show.

Colbert's mockery will help knock down this absurd process that NEVER should have garnered this much attention in the first place!

Posted by: Pete n SFO | Aug 12, 2011 11:51:19 AM

2. A corn poll? Says everything.

Posted by: Wes | Aug 12, 2011 11:52:22 AM

3. Corn poll for a corn hole -- a bunch o' corn holes, come to think of it...

Posted by: Chopsie | Aug 12, 2011 11:52:50 AM

4. It is interesting that they have Giuliani, Johnson and McCarter, but still no Karger.

Palin seems to be doing as well as Romney.

Ron Paul's jar is missing.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Aug 12, 2011 11:53:20 AM

5. Note to self: NEVER VISIT IOWA!

Posted by: TONEZ | Aug 12, 2011 12:06:18 PM

6. The one thing I've always admired about republicans is that you can never be too crazy or too stupid to be a pole holding up their big tent of bible, bigotry, and corporatism.

Posted by: sleepy bear | Aug 12, 2011 12:06:22 PM

7. @Dastius Krazitauc Ron Paul's jar is there its the second one on the right on the top row. Fred Karger's jar is not there though. You know the openly gay republican who met all the standards to qualify for the fox news debate yet was still prohibited from the debate.

Posted by: Andrew | Aug 12, 2011 12:37:07 PM

8. Oh....nevermind you meant the JAR itself...yeah that is I think being added too, or maybe needed to be changed since it was over flowing? I don't support any of these clowns

Posted by: Andrew | Aug 12, 2011 12:38:52 PM

9. Who cares. Iowa is almost never right when it comes to picking the Republican nominee. All it does is eliminate the less savory conservative bible beaters and crowns the king (or queen) of the idiots, who then ultimately loses to the more moderate republican down the road.

Bachmann will be President when I become a heterosexual.

Posted by: Sam | Aug 12, 2011 12:50:21 PM

10. uh, Tonez, Iowa has marriage equality unlike most of our other states.

Notice that Michelle's jar is right in front of Sarah's. I wonder how many dumdums put their corn in Michelle's jar by mistake. hee hee.

Posted by: wtf | Aug 12, 2011 12:50:34 PM

11. I think they should be using nuts

Posted by: Trev | Aug 12, 2011 1:24:00 PM

12. I would LOVE to see her get the nomination (although I don't believe for one second that will ever happen). Who would she get to run as VP, James Dobson?

Posted by: Oliver | Aug 12, 2011 1:48:35 PM

13. So you deposit your seed in your preferred GOP corn hole?

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Aug 12, 2011 1:53:28 PM

14. I guess Fred Karger isn't as corny as Michelle Bachuptoman...good! Despite Goproud, we've got the classiest republican candidate. Iowans have been too caught up in their own corny importance.

Posted by: Woodroad34 | Aug 12, 2011 2:04:15 PM

15. There are days--weeks and months even-when I despair of having spent my first 20 years in Iowa. Livigng 3 decades in Ohio didn't fix that. I pity my elderly parents who are already bombarded with tons of campaign ads: they escape to PBS where Lawrence Welk reruns are uninterrupted. I wonder if the corn is deposited before or after the second helping of deep fried butter (onnastick).

Posted by: gregory brown | Aug 12, 2011 2:30:25 PM

16. @WTF oh I know but I wouldn't go because it shows how insane they are.

Posted by: Tonez | Aug 12, 2011 4:35:53 PM

17. a corn poll how appropriate for repuk candidates. just seems fitting for these people or maybe cow chips.

Posted by: walter | Aug 12, 2011 5:29:14 PM

18. And yet all you liberal elitist idiots seem to not realize that the instrument you are using to bash this lovely state and its charming people was invented at Iowa State University.

(I'm talking about the computer, morons.)

Posted by: Althea | Aug 12, 2011 8:41:42 PM

19. Michelle Bachmann leads iowa state fair corn poll? Not Rick Santorum? That's a shocker.

Posted by: Mark | Aug 12, 2011 10:04:14 PM

20. All the comedians of the world applaud this.

Posted by: Drew | Aug 12, 2011 10:14:52 PM

21. They should use cat turds or rabbit raisins instead of wasting corn...

Posted by: billmiller | Aug 13, 2011 5:22:49 PM

22. I read that Ron Paul was a close #2 in that poll. I see a jar behind the little riser, behind his picture. Wonder if that's it.

I can't help but cynically wonder, given that Paul is not exactly mainstream GOP desipte his popularity, if that's not some effort to conceal his success.

Let's just say I'll entertain the idea that it *wasn't* deliberate.

Posted by: AnotherG | Aug 15, 2011 5:17:59 PM