Couples | Gay Marriage | Gay Wedding | Minneapolis | Minnesota | News

Patrick and Scott Tie the Knot in Minnesota: VIDEO

Patrick_scott

Towleroad readers Patrick and Scott sent us this clip of their wedding in Minneapolis, Minnesota, where a measure to ban same-sex marriage will be on the ballot in November.

Writes the couple: "Although our marriage is not legal yet, here's hoping it will be soon."

Patrick and Scott's wedding was beautifully shot by John Hoel, who writes:

"It was truly a day I'll never forget and I was so honored to have captured it. Elizabeth couldn't have put it more eloquently during the ceremony, 'When our law lags behind, people continue to live their truth and create their own version of a family, and this is what Patrick and Scott are deciding to do today.' In lieu of wedding gifts they asked guests to contact their members of congress in support of repealing the defense of marriage act - and if you could do the same that would be amazing. contactingthecongress.org/​."

Also a reminder that in the midst of Bachmann country and bullying school districts there are gay couples making loving commitments despite the hate.

Watch an antidote to the weekend Kardashian wedding orgy, AFTER THE JUMP...

Patrick + Scott from John Hoel on Vimeo.

Comments

1. Beautiful video... and I'm just happy that I wasn't the only one crying all the way through it, lol. I also now have hugely unrealistic expectations of my own wedding.

Posted by: Paul in Georgia | Aug 23, 2011 5:51:37 AM

2. Yeah...I cried too
    What a fun, happy wedding...and what a wonderful video of it!! Quite artfully done, captured it all beautifully....
    An earlier comment about how the children had no issues with Patrick and Scott getting married reminded me of a small moment related to my own wedding. One of our guests was a niece of my husband who attended with her husband and two small kids. A week after the ceremony, she sent us a note one of the kids had written for a school assignment about what they'd done the previous weekend. The little girl wrote she'd attended a wedding of Uncle Terry and Uncle Greg...but the thing that made the biggest impact on her was that we had a friend sing a Beatles song in the middle of the ceremony. She was completely unfazed by the fact that it was two men getting married. It made me feel hope for a future where loving the one you love will be accepted by all.

Posted by: Greg | Aug 23, 2011 9:56:41 AM

3. I gonna have to workout after consuming so much cheese.Such a cheese fest. I'm still a sucker for it though!

Posted by: Tonez | Aug 23, 2011 10:43:09 AM

4. I'm not even a supporter of gay marriage....but damn, these two look good together! If this is the future of what marriage equality looks like, it is SO happening in all 50 states.

Posted by: Mary | Aug 23, 2011 5:36:02 PM

5. That was great, thank you for sharing. On May 21st of the year George and I will be celebrating our 12 year together.

Posted by: Rocky Falco | Feb 9, 2012 10:49:29 AM

6. hi me and my partner are planning on having a wedding ceremony september 29th and we would love to have it in minneapolis but we have no idea where are there any gay churches in minneapolis that would let us have our ceremony in there church? or does anyone have anyother suggestions we are on a limited income please someone help!!! please email me or text ma at 218-290-4799 thank you

Posted by: Frank Clark | Apr 23, 2012 10:52:34 AM