Earthquake | Gay Marriage | News | NOM | Yehuda Levin

BigGayDeal.com

NOM Rabbi Yehuda Levin Blames Earthquake on Gays, Claims Direct Link Between Quakes and Homosexuality: VIDEO

Levin

Rabbi Yehuda Levin, an ally of the National Organization for Marriage who last month blamed the murder of an 8-year-old Brooklyn boy on the passage of marriage equality in NY, has posted a new video in which he claims yesterday's earthquake on the east coast was because God is angry about homosexuality.

Says Levin: "We saw today an earthquake. The Jerusalem Talmud tells us that one of the reasons that God brings earthquakes to the world is because of the transgressions of homosexuality. The Talmud states, 'You have shaken your male member in a place where it doesn't belong. I too, will shake the earth.'"

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via jmg)

Comments

1. It is written:

"Shake your groove thing
    shake your groove thing, yeah yeah
    Show 'em how to do it now
    Show 'em how to do it now"

Posted by: bobbyjoe | Aug 24, 2011 10:54:35 AM

2. @OS2GUY: I'd guess Barbra and the rest of the Streisand-Gould-Brolin clan are reform.

Posted by: The Milkman | Aug 24, 2011 10:54:55 AM

3. oy.....

Posted by: thom | Aug 24, 2011 11:27:13 AM

4. gays were as responsible for the earthquake as he was for the bed bugs in your beard. knew it was going to happen gays would be blamed for athe earthquake. get ready we will also be blamed for the hurricane this weekend. these clowns don't get it most of the natural disasters this year have happened in the bible belt so what does that say about god's revenge. also he should remember it was an orthodox hetrosexual jew who cut up the little boy in brooklyn.

Posted by: walter | Aug 24, 2011 11:28:15 AM

5. Why does God not ever bring about a natural disaster in order to purify the transgressions of his own believers? No one ever speaks to that angle.

Posted by: Brad | Aug 24, 2011 11:31:43 AM

6. The last time I saw jason was at the all-media of "Milk" -- which he attended with his father. He told me that he's given up acting and intends to work "behind the scenes" in filmmaking.

I'm sure whatever Jason does will delight his parents and enrage that bi-polar rabbi.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Aug 24, 2011 11:32:22 AM

7. Rebbe Schmebbe

Posted by: Bronxboy47 | Aug 24, 2011 11:38:40 AM

8. AND YOU'RE CALLING ATTENTION
    TO THIS PIECE OF DREK BECAUSE...?

Posted by: normadesmond | Aug 24, 2011 11:39:33 AM

9. Does this guy have any influence? or is he just ranting on YouTube?

Posted by: anon | Aug 24, 2011 11:43:34 AM

10. Well, someone isn't getting enough nookie at home! Maybe he should step out of his extremely small world and do a little "member" shaking. Might do him a big world of good. At minimum, he should watch the film "Trembling Before G-d" and learn something that his bad translation of the Talmud doesn't teach.(http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3024224793/)

Posted by: Frank | Aug 24, 2011 11:44:41 AM

11. This man is execrable and by that I do mean that when he speaks, S&*t comes out of his mouth.

Posted by: ant | Aug 24, 2011 11:45:28 AM

12. How many shaking penises will it take to reduce this moron's synagogue to rubble? Surely THAT is quantifiable as well?

Posted by: Tom | Aug 24, 2011 11:48:55 AM

13. I just though Maggie-Moo was trapesin around the east coast yesterday...
    NOM NOM NOM!!!

Posted by: JT | Aug 24, 2011 12:10:23 PM

14. Will all the times I have shaken my male member inappropriately (in his view), I am surprised Mt. St. Helens hasn't erupted again and the entire earth broken apart.

Posted by: PDX Guy | Aug 24, 2011 12:14:16 PM

15. The epicenter = spot where "god hit" was a small rural Virginia town

So obviously his gawd is a weak retard

Duhn Dahnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Posted by: say what | Aug 24, 2011 12:23:07 PM

16. I really hope that James Franco under lots of makeup for one of his art projects.

Posted by: John | Aug 24, 2011 12:35:44 PM

17. Without the cloak of religion, people will immediately think that he is a fuckin' loonie based on his appearance.

Isn't religion wonderful? *sarcasm*

Posted by: gayalltheway | Aug 24, 2011 12:38:04 PM

18. In addition to telling him off, I posted the following comment on YouTube: Tell you something else, buster. When some ignorant skin head starts whining about Jews: how evil, how dirty, how subhuman, how worthy of extinction, etc., I REPORT THEIR VIDEOS AS HATE SPEECH AND THEY ARE REMOVED FROM YOUTUBE! Guess what I've just done to you, you rabid, bitter, sexually-frustrated, ignorant bully? That's right, honey: I reported YOU! I HATE it when closet cases like you drool over Queers, panting, heart racing, determined to cause as much pain as possible. Coward

REPORT THIS PUTZ FOR HATE SPEECH

Posted by: Rogi Riverstone | Aug 24, 2011 12:50:38 PM

19. @OS2GUY

Babs probably has never even heard of the guy. I haven't heard of him either though I lived for 7 years in the same neighborhood and my parents are still there.

Posted by: olterigo | Aug 24, 2011 12:51:09 PM

20. So lets blame the jews for Hurrricane Irene!

Posted by: Randy | Aug 24, 2011 1:02:42 PM

21. Where do these religious nuts come up with this crap. I prefer the fairy tale about Cinderella and the glass slipper and how Cinderella got to marry the Prince because she was nice, while her step sisters who were mean and bitter, got nothing.

Posted by: rayrayj | Aug 24, 2011 1:07:50 PM

22. "The Talmud states, 'You have shaken your male member in a place where it doesn't belong. I too, will shake the earth.'"

Wow, I never knew the Talmud was written in 1950s slang. With contractions, no less!

BTW, I LOVE the really bad Abraham Lincoln Halloween costume. Almost convincing.

Posted by: Aaron | Aug 24, 2011 1:15:57 PM

23. I always enjoy watching people who practice ancient superstitious rituals (and they do need to be watched closely). It's a large scale group psychosis for those that truly believe in a magical being and afterlife. This man and his followers deserve our pity.

Posted by: DearComrade | Aug 24, 2011 1:26:26 PM

24. Well, they took the hate speech video down, but you can always enjoy these two guys and the dogs:

Posted by: Randy | Aug 24, 2011 3:17:01 PM

25. I for one, think he's right! We should all grow our payos, where hippy beards, and where clothing that looks like it was wall hangings from the Sound of Music...and of course obey ALL commandments. That of course includes
    Not to stand by idly when a human life is in danger (Lev. 19:16) (CCN82). See Love and Brotherhood.
    Not to wrong any one in speech (Lev. 25:17) (CCN48). See Speech and Lashon Ha-Ra.
    Not to carry tales (Lev. 19:16) (CCN77). See Speech and Lashon Ha-Ra.
    Not to cherish hatred in one's heart (Lev. 19:17) (CCN78). See Love and Brotherhood.
    Not to take revenge (Lev. 19:18) (CCN80).
    Not to bear a grudge (Lev. 19:18) (CCN81).
    Not to put any Jew to shame (Lev. 19:17) (CCN79).
    Not to curse any other Israelite (Lev. 19:14) (by implication: if you may not curse those who cannot hear, you certainly may not curse those who can) (CCN45).
    Not to give occasion to the simple-minded to stumble on the road (Lev. 19:14) (this includes doing anything that will cause another to sin) (CCN76).
    To rebuke the sinner (Lev. 19:17) (CCA72).
    To relieve a neighbor of his burden and help to unload his beast (Ex. 23:5) (CCA70). See Love and Brotherhood.
    To assist in replacing the load upon a neighbor's beast (Deut. 22:4) (CCA71). See Love and Brotherhood.
    Not to leave a beast, that has fallen down beneath its burden, unaided (Deut. 22:4) (CCN183). See Love and Brotherhood.

Posted by: Oyvay | Aug 24, 2011 5:41:26 PM