2012 Election | Iowa | Iran | News | Republican Party | Rick Santorum

Rick Santorum Says Iran 'Tramples the Rights of Gays': GOP Debate VIDEO

Gays_santorum

Rick Santorum has compared same-sex marriage to sex with animals, has said that it's "common sense" to keep gays from marrying and adopting children, wants to reinstate the ban on gays in the military, and has said that gays shouldn't have the "privilege of government benefits" offered to heterosexual couples.

Yet Santorum had the gall to say, during last night's GOP debate:

"I don't apologize for the Iranian people being free for a long time and now they're under a 'mullahcracy' that tramples the rights of women, tramples the rights of gays, tramples the rights of people all throughout their society..."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via think progress lgbt)

Comments

1. I'm confused, is he condemning the Iranian regime, or expressing his admiration? But for the religion in question, it seems a model for the type of repressive government Mr. Froth and his religion-deranged counterparts would love to have, so long as they were in charge and their batshit version of Christianity was the one forced down out throats.

Posted by: So Left I'm Right | Aug 12, 2011 7:33:56 AM

2. what a clown

Posted by: Reality | Aug 12, 2011 7:44:29 AM

3. @ So Left

Translation: I am an anti-gay bigot, but not as bad as Iran. I hate the sin, but love the sinner.

Posted by: Gus | Aug 12, 2011 8:02:58 AM

4. What a confused little boy.

Posted by: Jack M | Aug 12, 2011 8:18:52 AM

5. Meanwhile, here's the cacophony inside his head:

"Can't....stop....saying.....GAY!"
    "Economy? It's the gays, stupid."
    "Nobody could possibly think I'm a homo."
    "Paper towel...napkin...what was I thinking?"
    "Man's best friend? Even my dog hates me. I wonder why?"
    "Inner demon...destroy...me...PLEASE!"

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Aug 12, 2011 8:46:15 AM

6. Don't do us any favors Santorum. Just go away already.

Posted by: Antonio | Aug 12, 2011 9:25:10 AM

7. Maybe he thought Dan Savage would take that measly little bone and go away...

Posted by: Sean | Aug 12, 2011 9:47:29 AM

8. old frothy mix is really confused . he doesn't think it is okay from iran to persecute gays but for him it is not a problem. the man should use a roll of paper towels and get himself cleaned off or maybe a napkin. it is amazing how the primary thing on repuk minds is defeating gay rights. we must be very frightening.

Posted by: walter | Aug 12, 2011 11:11:11 AM

9. A good example of a prepared answer that was from a previous campaign.

Posted by: anon | Aug 12, 2011 11:23:27 AM

10. If they trample our rights in Iran, what do they do to them here? Kneel on them?

Posted by: Jesus | Aug 12, 2011 12:40:16 PM

11. He condemns in other countries what he wants to do himself in this one?

That settles it, I am voting a Gay Ticket in 2012: I'm writing in Fred Karger for President and gays and lesbians for every other office.

Posted by: Attmay | Aug 12, 2011 12:57:03 PM

12. Nice. "I hate them gays but I hate Mooslims even badder. Yoke-dee-yoke-dee-yoke-dee haw haw haw."

What a moron. He's not even as intelligent as the bacteria in a frothy mix of lube and human crap.

Posted by: Andalusian Dog | Aug 12, 2011 1:04:00 PM

13. good topic man. i will be coming to this web site on regular basis. keep it up.

Posted by: Marc Jacobs outlet online | Dec 13, 2011 3:06:51 AM

14. Oh so now Iran is a threat bcoz they "trample gay rights"..who is this guy pandering to?
    You know his last name in Persian is the same for the SANTOOR, a hammered string dulcimer. If played on a melodic scale it produces sublime music. In the hands of a tone deaf "musician" it can be irritating & downright annoying

Posted by: josh | Jan 27, 2012 11:19:22 PM