Dallas | Football (American) | News | Sports | Troy Aikman

BigGayDeal.com

Troy Aikman Still So Mad Skip Bayless Called Him Gay 15 Years Ago He Might Beat Him Up if He Sees Him: AUDIO

In 1996, former columnist now sports commentator Skip Bayless speculated that then Dallas Cowboy Troy Aikman was gay.  Aikman is still so pissed over it he might do something physical to Bayless if he seems him, the former NFLer told radio host Dan McDowell on his radio show this week.

Troy-aikman Bruce Tomaso at the Dallas Morning News reports:

This week, Aikman was asked about the episode on BaD Radio, the afternoon talk show on The Ticket (1310 AM). After saying -- rather gratuitously -- "I'm not so sure Skip's not gay," Aikman made it clear that he still bears a grudge.

"When a guy like that comes out and, whether it's intimated or stated, and there's no substance to that claim, and he's doing it purely to gain interest in a book, that's a problem.," he said. Aikman then added: "I will tell you this. I've not seen -- I've not physically seen Skip Bayless since that time. That was in '95. And I still kind of wonder what I might do to him when I do see him."

Dan McDowell, the co-host of BaD Radio, pressed him on the point.

"You certainly will say something," McDowell said.

"Oh, yeah. Yeah," Aikman replied.

"But you don't think it will get physical, do you?" McDowell said.

"Well, I mean, I don't know. I don't know," Aikman said.

Listen to Aikman's remarks, AFTER THE JUMP...

In related news, in February 2009, Bayless said he stood by his statements.

Comments

1. There were always gay rumors about Troy going back to his college transfer. Then his failed relationships with country music starlets and actresses, "not being able to find the one" despite being gorgeous and a pro athlete. Finally his marriage to his agent's secretary Debbie who already had kids and was quite a few years older than Troy. His HoF speech where he thanks his "golf buddy" while sobbing. The standard ten year beard marriage contract. I ain't saying it's quacking but some people might think there's a duck about.

Posted by: Candy Cooch | Sep 1, 2011 4:19:46 PM

2. I'm still shocked that Skip Bayless is so homophobic because his brother, Rick, is such a bit swish.

Posted by: Snottyboy | Sep 1, 2011 5:05:35 PM

3. Rock Hudson all over again? Maybe.

He is very nice, that alone is suspicious, if you know what I mean.

Posted by: Macho Posturing? | Sep 2, 2011 5:42:26 AM

4. Pretty amusing that someone who refers to himself in the third person is lecturing the rest of us about "keeping it real." Not to mention the really strange obsession with calling everyone out as "middle-aged" or "aging." Some serious projection going on, I'd say.

Posted by: Glenn | Sep 2, 2011 10:18:34 AM

5. I thought I was the only gay man on the planet that listened to The Ticket... And no, Troy Aikman does not need publicity. He is probably one of the most powerful people working for Fox Sports for those out of touch with anything sports related.

I don't know if he is gay or has tendencies or whatever, nor do I care. I was listening to this live and my eyes popped out when I heard all this. The bottom line of this story is that Skip Bayliss is a c*nt and that is not speculation. Anyone in sports media will tell you that. Why would he put something like that in a book? Its malicious to out someone for the sake of selling a book and if I were Aikman I would be furious too.

Posted by: JC | Sep 2, 2011 10:30:01 AM

6. Getting all huffy and defensive about it shows us you're hiding something, Aikman ;)

Posted by: Brady004 | Dec 21, 2013 4:01:01 AM