Burning Man | News | Travel

Here's 2011's Gay Epic 'Burning Man' Adventure: VIDEO

Bm1

Here's the best  Burning Man video we've seen this year so far, maybe ever, featuring videographer Vincent Rommelaere and his "Glam Cocks" Zac Rich and Tim Duggan.

He writes: "Watch what happens as three Burning Man virgins travel halfway around the world to take on the world's most epic festival."

Bm2 Bm3

Think of it as a Priscilla, Queen of the Desert-style adventure, only Alice Springs is Black Rock City in the Nevada Desert with the number of performers in the thousands. If you've never been to Burning Man, this will offer you a great taste of what it's like.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Bm4

Welcome Home - A Burning Man Adventure 2011 from Wallaby Way on Vimeo.

Comments

1. Very interesting and excellent video. Seems they had lots of fun. And good selection of party music.

Posted by: Matt26 | Sep 19, 2011 9:34:00 AM

2. BEYOND missing the playa!

Posted by: Really? | Sep 19, 2011 9:39:08 AM

3. i wanna be young again...WAAAH

Posted by: bandanajack | Sep 19, 2011 9:49:15 AM

4. i well up watching this vid. its so beautiful when people let themselves be.

Posted by: jim | Sep 19, 2011 10:45:18 AM

5. NICE!

Posted by: Fred | Sep 19, 2011 11:30:03 AM

6. Jim...me too, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way...

Posted by: dctopman | Sep 19, 2011 11:40:32 AM

7. like NOTHING else!!!!

Posted by: DavidH | Sep 19, 2011 12:55:48 PM

8. You got to love creative people.

Posted by: Billy | Sep 19, 2011 1:32:10 PM

9. NO, there's better one's then that one!

Like:

An Idiot's virgin Burning Man experience (2011 with The Playa Surfers) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr-gLMje1pA&feature=player_embedded

Stuck in a Dream - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksd682_JwF0&feature=youtu.be

Burning Man 2011 Home - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQPQn9TLpPY

Posted by: JM | Sep 19, 2011 1:47:23 PM

10. Am I missing something? This is just a bunch of affluent white people who decide to go out into the middle of the desert, wear ridiculous clothing, act like idiots, and take drugs for days on end. It's pathetic.

Posted by: KD | Sep 19, 2011 2:45:49 PM

11. I went for the third time 2 weeks ago, and as usual, I had a blast. It's nice to be able to be yourself, and be accepted for who you are. I am not an affluent white person. KD, yes, you ARE missing something. Before you judge, I suggest you experience it first. It is life changing.

Posted by: TJ | Sep 19, 2011 3:40:50 PM

12. KD- you are totally missing the whole point. First off, there is a complete mix of people at BM... hippies, engineers, students, parents (with kids), etc. The whole point is to remove yourself from the default world... and pour energy into creativity, exploration and sharing experiences with others.

This is a good story to explain further... but I'd recommend not calling something pathetic until you understand it. http://www.inc.com/articles/201103/why-ted-and-burning-man-are-similar.html

Posted by: ES | Sep 19, 2011 3:46:25 PM

13. I still don't get what exactly they are getting together to celebrate. It looks more like an excuse to get away from the "real world" for awhile and party a bit, which I don't have a problem with at all. It all looks like fun, though mainly for those in their 20s & 30s. I do like they weird vehicles and generally light-hearted atmosphere I saw in the video. I guess that should be obvious since I just spent 17+ minutes watching someone else's vacation video. :-)

Posted by: JohnAGJ | Sep 19, 2011 3:55:32 PM

14. Topless girls, bare asses . . . why wasn't this flagged NSFW?????!!!

Posted by: Stuffed Animal | Sep 19, 2011 3:56:59 PM

15. So hard to explain, but the art, art cars, the random discovery, the utter challenge of living out in the desert for a week, being without cell phone or computer for a week, the accepting attitude of Black Rock City... and the new friends I made. I live in Manhattan... I needed a break from the default world.

My return left me more inspired, engaged, excited than I have been in a long time. For each person it is different, but usually very positive.

Posted by: ES | Sep 19, 2011 4:14:55 PM

16. I've always felt like I SHOULD want to go to Burning Man, but when I watch stuff like this, I can't stop thinking things like, "I hope they packed enough water. They're going to get heatstroke. Someone's going to poke an eye out. Is that fire really safe?" If I were ever going to do it, the time has passed since I evidently turned into my mother.

Posted by: Jim | Sep 19, 2011 4:35:16 PM

17. Definitely on my list of things to do before I die. There is great authenticity in this beautifully filmed event. As a child of the 1960's it does my heart good to see another generation embracing the joy of life and all it's creativity.

Posted by: stan | Sep 19, 2011 6:03:57 PM

18. wish I've done it, never have, probably won't...but one never knows :)

Posted by: John | Sep 19, 2011 6:21:02 PM

19. Missing the playa! Every time I see it, I'm inspired. The art - and the way we can treat one another with goodwill. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: Jesse Archer | Sep 19, 2011 9:35:47 PM

20. Wow, the music they put in here is terrible corporate garbage. Totally at odds with the underground musical culture of Burning Man.

Posted by: DMH | Sep 19, 2011 9:54:51 PM

21. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. You get such a great sense of their adventure. Well done!

Posted by: GMoney | Sep 19, 2011 10:28:47 PM

22. ugh. the hate. the judgment. the leaden analysis. try to celebrate life. if not, keep it to yourself.
    brilliant video.

Posted by: James | Sep 19, 2011 10:51:03 PM

23. AWESOMENESS X 100000000

Posted by: Scott | Sep 19, 2011 11:46:07 PM

24. SPECTACULAR!! - gave me chills!

Posted by: ACe | Sep 20, 2011 12:38:59 AM