Catholic Mom is Scared to Leave the House Because of All the Gays

Stacy Stacy Trasancos is a scientist-turned-Catholic-homemaker in Massachusetts with seven kids who suffers from agorahomophobia. In a wrenching blog post, she describes how the gruesome spectacle of gay families hanging out at a local public pool has made her afraid to venture outdoors:

I find myself unable to even leave the house anymore without worrying about what in tarnation we are going to encounter. We are responsible citizens. We live by the rules, we pay our taxes, we take care of our things. I'm supposed to be able to influence what goes on in my community, and as a voter I do exercise that right. But I'm outnumbered. I can't even go to normal places without having to sit silently and tolerate immorality. We all know what would happen if I asked two men or two women to stop displaying, right in front of me and my children, that they live in sodomy.

And what sort of unspeakable PDA has she witnessed at the poolside? I'll tell you. One gay couple was engaged in inappropriate "elbow-rubbing." Another lesbian couple was hugging in a way that was "clearly not friendly." My god!

Her post has gone viral, and a few commenters have been leaving death threats. That's completely reprehensible, and I don't begrudge her notifying the FBI. But please, Stacy, listen: we gay people are not zombies or body-snatchers. The couples you've seen at the pool are, by all appearances, "responsible citizens" who "live by the rules," "pay their taxes," and "take care of their things." If you got to know any of them, you'd probably find that they're much like you - heck, you might even make friends.

But if you really can't overcome your fear of being mobbed by gay people the moment you step out of your house, might I suggest one of these: The Genesis Pre-fabricated Steel Shelter System. You'll find that there is no better customizable "living pod" on the market:

While each risk situation is unique and requires a methodical threat assessment tailored to the client's needs, Hardened Structures' experience across the spectrum of threats has enabled us to design a modular, configurable system that enables survivability in even the most demanding scenarious. Called the Genesis Series, this underground shelter system provides protection against a wide range of disasters including 2012 scenarios. For protecting your family or family group, the Genesis Series is unmatched in the industry.

Comments

1. Okay, let me get this right: Since she is a hard working Catholic mother who stays at home and raises her children, pays her taxes, and follows the rules, she can tell me, who also works hard, pays my taxes, and follows the rules where I should or shouldn't be found? Let's examine this a bit more closely:

1) So, as a gay man with a partner of ten years, I shouldn't be allowed to go to the park and enjoy a nice sunny day because we are an affront to her religious sense of self righteousness? WOW...that's pretty selfish in and of itself that I should hide who I am solely based on the fact that it may offend her.
    I go to public places and see many displays of PDA's by heterosexuals all the time. Hugging and kissing, hand holding, little pecks on the cheek. Perhaps I should go up to these people and tell them to get a hotel room if they're going to be amorous in front of me and my partner...wonder how that will go off?

2) According to the author of this rant, I should not be allowed to go swimming at a public swimming pool for fear that *GASP* I should want to put sun screen on my partners back so he doesn't get sunburned! Please, Ma'am I've been to swimming pools in public where the teenage girls and college aged women parade around in nothing but butt floss and scant material to cover their ample bosom's! But I guess that would be okay for your little son and daughter to look at, especially your son,right?
    Where's the dignity in allowing women to parade around like that? What does that say about women, in general, and why don't you rant about that? Would this be something you would think appropriate for your sons and daughters to learn? that women are to be degraded and depreciated by wearing next to nothing at public swim holes?

3) I should not be allowed to dine with my partner at any restaurant or diner for fear that, at a moments notice, I might get so amorous with my partner that i will somehow break out in an unscheduled sex orgy on the table in front of EVERYBODY! How do I explain to my son or daughter two men or two women kissing in front of me? EWWW...don't look at those two queers tongue sucking each other...you might turn GAY!
    Seriously, I am shocked that you would even THINK that way about gays and lesbians! When I go out to a restaurant the only thing i worry about is the service and how much to tip my waiter or waitress! If I'm going to play tongue hockey with my significant other I wait until i get home to do that. or is that asking too much, as well? What I do behnind the confines of my own home is what I call a NUNYA issue as in NUNYA BUSINESS!

I seriously think this woman just sets herself up to be persecuted and the sad thing about it all is that we, as a gay community, give her ammo to justify that persecution. I would never say to her that i hoped her children got kidnapped and raped...that is just too extreme and over the top. It lends credence to her fear of gay and lesbian people.
    If anything we should be educating her and helping her to see that not ALL gays and lesbians are that vile and harmful to society. Only a SMALL percentage of them need to really filter themselves and be a bit more considerate in what they post. If your going to attack an opinion, best to do it logically and not out of emotional anger. Let's face it, people like Stacy can't help what they were brought up to believe. Bigotry begins at home and is taught at home. It's not learned or even genetic...it's taught.

Knowledge is power...stupidity kills!

Posted by: Ray Sager | Sep 10, 2011 5:59:59 PM

2. I'm guessing she's a "scientist-turned-Catholic" because she sucked at the "science" part and got laid off?

Posted by: Brian | Sep 10, 2011 6:07:32 PM

3. You have to laugh. Anyone can blog and spout insanity. I would hate to go to my public pool with my kids and have them interact with hers, I would hate for my kids to be subject to that sort of ignorance and insanity.

It is sad people are threatening her in any way. She's to be pitied, not threatened.

Posted by: Bart | Sep 10, 2011 6:08:21 PM

4. I'm surprised this hasn't garnered a full-page ad by The Catholic League in the NY Times. I'm sure it's on the way. And, where's Maggie when they need her?

Regardless, I thought at first that this was satirical. Sadly, this woman is serious.

My question is: what does this "Catholic stay-at-home-mother" think of public displays of heterosexual affection? Is it acceptable to see a straight couple "rubbing elbows", or giving affectionate pats on the back, or embracing each other or (GASP!) kissing in public?

I think it is reprehensible that the woman has been breeding indiscriminately like some barnyard animal (seven children?!) and proudly displaying her inability to control her private, carnal desires. To have so many children in this day and age of limited resources is nothing less than irresponsible, if not sinful.

That woman should consider herself very fortunate that she is able to be a "stay-at-home mother". I'd say that a majority of American women do not have that luxury. This "Catholic" woman is a pampered, spoiled princess whose alleged "repulsion" at same-sex couples being caring, gentle, happy and loving with each other and their families is a contrivance.

Posted by: mj | Sep 10, 2011 6:12:10 PM

5. "We live by the rules, we pay our taxes, we take care of our things. I'm supposed to be able to influence what goes on in my community, and as a voter I do exercise that right. But I'm outnumbered" -- I know the feeling clueless cow!

Posted by: M. Scott Hernandez | Sep 10, 2011 6:16:13 PM

6. I'm betting the "threats" are staged by her fellow wingnuts. I regularly read comment sections on a multitude of gay blogs, often dealing with controversial political and social topics, and virtually never seem to run across any of the kinds of posts that these bigots with an agenda appear to get within an hour or two of posting on blogs that I'm wagering most gays have never even heard of before in their lives.

People get angry, sure, but GLBT posters deal with hearing all sorts of examples of nutty extremist bigotry day in and day out, and I've almost never seen anything in years that rises to the level of threat these obscure bozos supposedly get in droves soon after posting their nonsense. Why in heck would anybody threaten this woman? She's like eight zillion other bigots any gay who's on the web reads about every day.

I'm calling b*llsh*t. It sure is easy for fellow wingnuts to chime in with fake posts and then let her claim even more victimhood. Can anyone verify that she has called the FBI? Or is she just saying that she has? 'cause if she really has called the FBI, they're not gonna take it too kindly if they trace back any supposed "threats" and the source ends up being her best friend Teddy TeaParty or whatever.

Posted by: bobbyjoe | Sep 10, 2011 6:16:14 PM

7. What does the Catholic stay-at-home Mom thinks about a church that has been aiding and abetting pedophiles for centuries?

Her kids are tons safer in a park with gay people than they are in church with a Catholic priest!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Sep 10, 2011 6:18:37 PM

8. Its people like this Lady a NUT for sure.....that Im glad I dont see in person...she'd get a peice of my mind,and then some....witch.

Posted by: Gay American | Sep 10, 2011 6:21:21 PM

9. I wouldn't take at face value that a "gay" person wrote on her blog comments that they wish her children wouild die. It's entirely possible that a NOM operative saw an opportunity to make such a comment, and did so in order to smear victims of anti-gay bigotry. After all, when is the last time you heard of a gay American physically attacking and/or murdering an anti-gay bigot, because the bigot was a bigot? That never happens. And I'll tell you seomthing else that never happens; people like Stacy never call attention to well-reasoned and politelly-phrased rebukes of their irrrational bigotry.

Posted by: Scott Rose | Sep 10, 2011 6:24:39 PM

10. heck, write to her on facebook. she's blocked her blog.

her facebook page can be found here:

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Sep 10, 2011 6:25:31 PM

11. Note how homophobes always divide people. They think of themselves as "we" and gay people as "them". This is similar to what the Nazis did back in the 1930's. They did it in order to demonize certain groups of people who were painted as being counter-productive to society as a whole.

It's a classic trick of fear-mongers. Don't fall for it.

Posted by: jason | Sep 10, 2011 6:28:25 PM

12. you can contact here on faebook here. she's blocked her blog, her facebook is open for business.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Sep 10, 2011 6:31:30 PM

13. Seven kids?

These bigots breed like rats.

Posted by: LAX/JFK | Sep 10, 2011 6:32:42 PM

14. These are the type of people who I would just start french kissing in front of just to see if she would actually drop dead.

Posted by: justandra | Sep 10, 2011 6:38:53 PM

15. I haven't laughed this much in weeks until I realized that this blog isn't a satirical look at religious kookery and homophobic gobbledygook (like the brilliant christwire) but of a possibly deranged woman who should have her children removed from her home immediately. The biggest irony about people like this blogger (and millions of her ilk) is that they profess to propound love while spewing their obviously innate hate. Which shouldn't be that surprising - that is the cunning crux of all religion.

Posted by: jeffreychrist | Sep 10, 2011 6:40:48 PM

16. I also wouldn't be surprised if Stacy starts wearing the burka with a nice cross on it. It would be ever so disconnecting from society while alerting to those around: "I do not want to associate with you." It would be a great inclusion to fundamentalist Christian clothing for those who want to communicate their dislike for anyone who does share their particular version of the Word. One thing to come out of this movement would be the rainbow of different colors and strips that would have to be created for the unlimited number of self selecting religious Christians who think every other denomination is a cult, and whose members are in bondage. Don't even guess what they think of those who have any other religion or GASP, an atheist! Why stop with woman, put them on the men too.

Posted by: martin murphy | Sep 10, 2011 6:43:42 PM

17. Her other blog adds to the story: http://weloverick.blogspot.com/

Stacy Trasancos

Catholic Moms For Santorum

This is someone committed to anti-gay propoganda, seeking attention at the expense of other people.

And its is a safe bet that the 'death threats' are fake.

Posted by: Cassandra | Sep 10, 2011 6:47:42 PM

18. I keep saying....Give all the religious zealots, entitled "Christians" and the whole Republican party all the states that start with the letter "A". No one who does not meets those descriptions can live there and those who do can never leave. Let's start with Alaska, it's the furthest away.

Kidding, of course..... sorta.

Posted by: noteasilyoffended | Sep 10, 2011 6:50:05 PM

19. this woman is delusional and i really wish we'd stop giving her attention.

Posted by: sam | Sep 10, 2011 7:02:15 PM

20. If the Catholic mom is afraid of seeing gay folks in public, she should quit attending mass.

Posted by: Hellmut | Sep 10, 2011 7:05:07 PM

21. I'm surprised not one of you are taking Penn Bullock to task for the unprofessional way he chooses to tell this inflammatory tale.

Posted by: Jack | Sep 10, 2011 7:06:11 PM

22. how should he have told this story? the woman is a bigot. where's the discrepancy?

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Sep 10, 2011 7:08:32 PM

23. One Xtian talking point that I just took note of: "So now believing in 2,000 years of Catholic teaching is bigotry?!"

Their sociopathic "religion" always was bigotry. The world did just fine before the Xtian takeover of Western civilization at the end of the fourth century, but not so well afterwards…they don't call it the "Dark Ages" for nothing. Thomas Jefferson was right; the Christian religion has contributed nothing but problems. We've succeeded in spite of Xtian nutjobs, not because of them. And we'll do much better now that their 1,600-year reign of terror is coming to an end. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Posted by: Artie | Sep 10, 2011 7:09:10 PM

24. What about all the less insane people having to tolerate her ignorance.

Posted by: Ninong | Sep 10, 2011 7:09:47 PM

25. @HELLMUT---

LOL!! That is the line of the day :)

Posted by: LAX/JFK | Sep 10, 2011 7:11:45 PM