BigGayDeal.com

Catholic Mom is Scared to Leave the House Because of All the Gays

Stacy Stacy Trasancos is a scientist-turned-Catholic-homemaker in Massachusetts with seven kids who suffers from agorahomophobia. In a wrenching blog post, she describes how the gruesome spectacle of gay families hanging out at a local public pool has made her afraid to venture outdoors:

I find myself unable to even leave the house anymore without worrying about what in tarnation we are going to encounter. We are responsible citizens. We live by the rules, we pay our taxes, we take care of our things. I'm supposed to be able to influence what goes on in my community, and as a voter I do exercise that right. But I'm outnumbered. I can't even go to normal places without having to sit silently and tolerate immorality. We all know what would happen if I asked two men or two women to stop displaying, right in front of me and my children, that they live in sodomy.

And what sort of unspeakable PDA has she witnessed at the poolside? I'll tell you. One gay couple was engaged in inappropriate "elbow-rubbing." Another lesbian couple was hugging in a way that was "clearly not friendly." My god!

Her post has gone viral, and a few commenters have been leaving death threats. That's completely reprehensible, and I don't begrudge her notifying the FBI. But please, Stacy, listen: we gay people are not zombies or body-snatchers. The couples you've seen at the pool are, by all appearances, "responsible citizens" who "live by the rules," "pay their taxes," and "take care of their things." If you got to know any of them, you'd probably find that they're much like you - heck, you might even make friends.

But if you really can't overcome your fear of being mobbed by gay people the moment you step out of your house, might I suggest one of these: The Genesis Pre-fabricated Steel Shelter System. You'll find that there is no better customizable "living pod" on the market:

While each risk situation is unique and requires a methodical threat assessment tailored to the client's needs, Hardened Structures' experience across the spectrum of threats has enabled us to design a modular, configurable system that enables survivability in even the most demanding scenarious. Called the Genesis Series, this underground shelter system provides protection against a wide range of disasters including 2012 scenarios. For protecting your family or family group, the Genesis Series is unmatched in the industry.

Comments

1. For anyone to consider that she has a legitimate complaint is, just, very 1950....sounds like the "Red Scare" rhetoric. "Commies are all around you, be afraid." This kind of ignorance is inexcusable.

Posted by: Steve | Sep 10, 2011 7:12:23 PM

2. if i see her mug on the street, i'll do a linda blair/michael kors impression on her complete with spewing bile while blurting out some inane comments on her outfit comparing to something 'exploding'

Posted by: Eric & El | Sep 10, 2011 7:16:18 PM

3. She's affiliated with Frothy-Mix and has political pie fingers.

Given NoM and the rest of the religious reich's tactics of making up "facts," astroturfing, and sockpuppetry, I think she's a lying, attention seeking cow.

After New York won marriage equality, they are only going to get more and more insane.

Posted by: Polyboy | Sep 10, 2011 7:22:25 PM

4. Looks like she's already got the hate group NOM on her side... http://www.nomblog.com/13307/

Posted by: LarryH | Sep 10, 2011 7:25:30 PM

5. Also notice the tons of "Why are you gays so intolerant and bigoted towards her?" Christians defending her. Just disgusting

Posted by: Steve | Sep 10, 2011 7:28:35 PM

6. Lawd have mercy...

I'm glad that she'e showing her ass for the bigot that she is.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Sep 10, 2011 7:42:09 PM

7. Well us gay Christians can certainly pray for her poor soul.

Posted by: Darcy | Sep 10, 2011 7:59:05 PM

8. Many people, much like this woman, are afraid of their own shadows. They carry so much fear in themselves, that they have to share it with others because it is so painful. What sadness she carries in her heart - poor, misguided woman. Let's all say a prayer for her - smile.

Posted by: Steve | Sep 10, 2011 8:06:16 PM

9. She wants to control what everyone in public does and she's upset that she can't? Whatever.

Posted by: Mike | Sep 10, 2011 8:10:26 PM

10. Perhaps some of the hateful comments on her blog came from right wingers themselves.

But I agree with some of the others, please,please stay in the house! LOL.

Posted by: Angela Channing | Sep 10, 2011 8:38:03 PM

11. *YAWN*

I'll muster up more sympathy when she's legitimately afraid of leaving her house for fear of being clubbed by a gang of thugs with baseball bats.

At least you have a home to hide in. Perhaps you should worry more about holding on to that in this economy.

Someone call the WAAAAH-mbulance for this poor cowardly pearl-clutching wreck.

Posted by: Jexer | Sep 10, 2011 8:44:52 PM

12. I blame global warming for frying her brain.

Posted by: Dan Mc | Sep 10, 2011 8:45:02 PM

13. Gee. Now she has some idea how worried I have been about leaving my house when there are so many bigots infesting our streets and cities. Of course, I've been living with my fear decades longer than she's been alive, but never mind that...

Posted by: justinw | Sep 10, 2011 8:57:39 PM

14. maybe she should kill her closeted self.

Posted by: Danny | Sep 10, 2011 9:05:30 PM

15. if i her i would be more afraid to send my kids to a catholic church or school. the woman
    is just looking for attention. probably will turn out that she is paid by nom or the church.

Posted by: walter | Sep 10, 2011 9:20:06 PM

16. Just a thought people. Do we have proof that the people leaving the death threats are gay? Maybe they are, or maybe they're posers looking to "prove a point". Having read her post I can't imagine myself or any of the many, many, many gays that I know leaving a death threat. It seems really over the top.

Posted by: Todd | Sep 10, 2011 9:20:34 PM

17. Yes, she can influence what goes on in her community, but she's not the only one. She now needs to square with that and face reality.

Posted by: ophu | Sep 10, 2011 9:33:44 PM

18. This woman is clearly insane- and no wonder seven kids stuck in a house she is probably craving some of that lesbian elbow rubbing.

Posted by: jaragon | Sep 10, 2011 9:37:19 PM

19. Hello all,
    While I understand that you are upset, as I am, at such an outrageous public complaint on this woman's part, it makes her neither an idiot nor worthy of threats. I agree that she should go to Saudia Arabia or stay inside, but we have to take the high road. We must. I have read just as much name-calling and bigotry against Christians by gays, and this is not working in our favor.
    Please, everybody, if you want tolerance from others, you have to be able to offer it, yourself.
    So, I suggest writing what you are feeling and then rewriting so that it can be published in a public forum without offending, and making us even more enemies.

Posted by: Jennifer | Sep 10, 2011 9:45:55 PM

20. I have an idea. The LGBT community should converge around her house and start kissing each other. Let's see what happens. That would be fun...

Posted by: Nicky | Sep 10, 2011 10:00:08 PM

21. My mother used to say there was no believer quite so fanatic as a convert. A woman her age who has seven kids (and may well have more) is clearly so socially irresponsible that anything she actually says in public should be discounted as the ravings of an unhinged mind. Besides which, as another commenter pointed out, if she's so afraid of exposing her children to bad influences, she really should start by keeping them away from the priests of her own particular brand of bigotry.

Posted by: Piet | Sep 10, 2011 10:00:09 PM

22. I note that many of her supporters are threatening gay people with death, but that apparently is not a problem for this evil woman.

Posted by: homer | Sep 10, 2011 10:00:19 PM

23. I am a Catholic. She is an idiot.

Posted by: Jim | Sep 10, 2011 10:01:35 PM

24. Does she have same complaints about straight couples and their PDAs? Unless they have a posted marriage license, there's no guarantee that they aren't "engaging in immorality"; I know folks who go on "business trips" with partners who they're not married to (had one lover invite me on a Boston trip in fact but couldn't clear my schedule). Or is it just "assumed" that those straight couples are all morally upright Americans?

Posted by: Roberta K | Sep 10, 2011 10:02:11 PM

25. Good. She and all people just like her should go into their houses and never come back out.

Posted by: Laura | Sep 10, 2011 10:06:46 PM