Madonna | News | Venice

Madonna Does Not Want Your Loathsome Hydrangeas: VIDEO

Madonna

At the Venice Film Festival, a worshipful fan makes the mistake of bestowing a gift of hydrangeas on Her Madgesty.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. He was lucky to breathe the same air as her.

Posted by: Kyle | Sep 5, 2011 6:35:38 PM

2. Hydrangeas are tacky, see The Manchurian Candidate (original). As for the accent, it is perfectly natural to begin talking like those you are living amongst for long periods of time. This is why gay men have such lovely speech affectations.

Posted by: Karl | Sep 5, 2011 6:40:04 PM

3. Well, to be fair, I would think she must have to be "on guard" all the time. I tend to react negatively too when I'm Im caught by surprise.

I still love u Madge.

Posted by: Tim Salyers | Sep 5, 2011 7:27:29 PM

4. don't worry hydrangeas boy apparently she already has a stalk up her ass.

Posted by: dan boeye | Sep 5, 2011 7:33:04 PM

5. Sycophants are notoriously tacky. Hydrangeas are beautiful flowering plants that renew themselves yearly, naturally, unlike Madonna's third 80s face.

Her particularly nasty comment was loathsome and shows just how far up her own ass she really is. Brava.

Posted by: ESA | Sep 5, 2011 7:39:18 PM

6. Glad to see the almost 20 yrs of Kabbalah is workin for ya Madge!

Posted by: Tagg | Sep 5, 2011 7:57:00 PM

7. I guarantee you that Alan has never, ever complained about priorities and the starving children in Somalia when he clicks on one of the ten zillion fluff articles about naked men that appear on this site.

Posted by: JJJJS | Sep 5, 2011 8:09:10 PM

8. And why *should* he know that she hates hydrangeas? Self important much? I don't see how she was so rude. Insensitive maybe. Rude?-not so much.

Posted by: noteasilyoffended | Sep 5, 2011 8:18:21 PM

9. Cool, she's becoming Lovey Howell.

Posted by: Gwyneth | Sep 5, 2011 8:18:36 PM

10. I absolutely loathe pop music legends who think they can make a movie simply because they're pop music legends when, in reality, they have absolutely no talent as a writer, no talent as a director and are as pretentious as f**k.

But I love hydrangeas.

Posted by: tpoww | Sep 5, 2011 8:24:35 PM

11. I only had a small salad for lunch and so I'm extremely hungry, yet you report on this superficial fluff? Nice.

Posted by: Mrs. Beasley | Sep 5, 2011 8:24:40 PM

12. Flucht17 is Hilarious!! LOL!!

Posted by: trevor | Sep 5, 2011 9:08:28 PM

13. Nothing says "you are a washed up attention whore" like hydrangeas

Posted by: Johnn | Sep 5, 2011 9:12:24 PM

14. While I do sometimes dislike Madonna for her haughtiness, I can understand her reaction if she thought if this guy was being creepy. In the second video, he chases her down and asks where the flowers are. I know that would creep me out.

But on another note, making a sympathetic film about Bessie Wallace is interesting. I loved when she said "I think she felt an existential loneliness." Good God.

Posted by: Angela Channing | Sep 5, 2011 9:22:39 PM

15. @ JackNasty: Dude, great name !

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Sep 5, 2011 9:47:14 PM

16. At least she said "Thank you." Give the woman a break.

And why exactly is this news? I suppose if she'd been allergic, gone into anaphalactic shock and died because of them, it might be noteworthy. Must be a really slow day...

Posted by: Brian | Sep 5, 2011 9:47:49 PM

17. Fans are weak willed, characterless blands-people. Get a life. Madonna is only a human.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Sep 5, 2011 10:04:04 PM

18. @ Sargon: I know...life is so hard for Madonna. She has everything done for herself except someone to wipe her ass and Im sure she would if she could only find someone who could do it as well as she does!Cough, cough.

Posted by: Tagg | Sep 5, 2011 10:25:03 PM

19. WOW...Madonna sure knows how to bring a bunch of snotty nose young Gaga Monsters to a party!

Doesn't she?.....WERK Madge you still have the touch!

Posted by: CHRIS DACHOCOLATEBEARCUB | Sep 5, 2011 10:46:10 PM

20. It just goes to show that those who hate Madonna will find any excuse. She was polite to the person - presumably a fan, but who knows - who brought her the flowers. If he was a fan its not unheard of that they might know what flowers she likes or doesnt like - hell shes been in the public eye for 3 decades and there are fans out there who know way more than that about her. Not that any fan should have to at all, but she was polite to him and then unfortunately got caught on camera making an aside to someone explaining that she doesnt like the flowers. Big deal.She wasnt rude to the fan at all! If it wasnt for the cameras/mic's nobody would know, and given the undertone Madonna used I would think she didnt expect it to be caught. Still... some people cannot wait to find an excuse to excoriate her, so she cant win. Shes not perfect by any means, but I dont think she did anything wrong here and I really dont see what the big deal is. Or why the post makes it seem so much worse than it was! Except of course, without that probably nobody would have cared or watched it. Which is about how much attention this non-incident really deserves :)

Posted by: OberonOZ | Sep 5, 2011 11:32:39 PM

21. BS. Madonna is worth millions of dollars because of her fans who have and continue to buy her music. She has thrust herself into the public arena, and that is particularly true since she is at an international filmfest.

It really isn't asking too much for someone to exhibit basic manners. People have given me gifts I don't like, and I accept them graciously and effuse over it. I even display these gifts in my house for a reasonable period of time until I finally remove them.

If I, a simple guy who has no money, can make such an effort, surely someone of her wealth and position can. But apparently, she can't be bothered.

Any other person who acted as she did would be roundly condemned by everyone here, but we make excuses for Madonna. Why, I don't know. She doesn't give a damn about any of us, but we should give a damn about her? Gimme a break.

Posted by: Randy | Sep 5, 2011 11:45:20 PM

22. Madonna's days are pretty much over ... Kinda like last weeks news paper ....

Posted by: MarkBoston | Sep 6, 2011 12:09:11 AM

23. I thought it was harmless. She said "thank you" and then just set them aside. Not really a big deal.

Posted by: Jim | Sep 6, 2011 12:11:19 AM

24. I absolutely loathe her plastic surgeon.

Posted by: JayJay | Sep 6, 2011 12:48:18 AM

25. I still love her as an artist, but I'd NEVER want to meet her in person.

She can do all the yoga she wants, and scan all the Hebrew letters she wants, but she'll probably always be a rude, self-involved c*nt.

Posted by: dh | Sep 6, 2011 1:00:07 AM