Armie Hammer | Clint Eastwood | Film | J. Edgar Hoover | Leonardo Dicaprio | News

BigGayDeal.com

Leonardo DiCaprio and Armie Hammer in 'J Edgar' Trailer: WATCH

Jedgar

The trailer for J Edgar, the Clint Eastwood biopic about FBI director J Edgar Hoover starring Leonardo DiCaprio (Hoover) and Armie Hammer (Clyde Tolson), has arrived.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

2_jedgar

Comments

1. Looks brilliant, dark and powerful. And my fav. actress Judi Dench is in it!

Posted by: Matt26 | Sep 20, 2011 9:38:03 AM

2. Lookin' Good Clint!

(Love the shot thier hands touching in the car.)

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Sep 20, 2011 9:40:18 AM

3. He's so pretty; I love the brown contacts and dark hair

Posted by: Ryan | Sep 20, 2011 9:43:15 AM

4. Um. Wow! I had no idea what I would think of this movie, but that looks pretty impressive. And Judi! I had no idea she was in it!

Posted by: MT | Sep 20, 2011 9:56:12 AM

5. It's got Oscar written all over it!

Posted by: Married in MA | Sep 20, 2011 10:02:14 AM

6. Looks like Leonardo could finally get an Oscar for this one. Very Impressive all the way around.

Posted by: Max F. Grump | Sep 20, 2011 10:03:17 AM

7. Armie Hammer...sigh

Posted by: MrJ | Sep 20, 2011 10:18:30 AM

8. Is it just me or did anyone else get the "his domineering mother made him gay" vibe? It looks like a fantastic movie, I just thought it played a little heavily into that stereotype.

Posted by: adamf | Sep 20, 2011 12:34:59 PM

9. Leonardo's southern accent isn't very good, and the make up used to make him look old is REALLY bad. But other than that, it looks like a promising film.

Posted by: Smokey | Sep 20, 2011 12:36:04 PM

10. @ADAMF --- yeah exactly what I thought the moment I saw it. Another could be normal guy is broken by his domineering mother's will and ends up a socially dysfunctional gay.

Posted by: FULCRUM | Sep 20, 2011 1:28:43 PM

11. I'm in.... looks like a must see - and I agree, Oscar is written all over it.

Posted by: Mike | Sep 20, 2011 1:56:40 PM

12. As the aging Hoover Dicaprio looks like Philip Seymour Hoffman.

I hope they play up the political aspects more than the Mommie Dearest nonsense. I'll wait till the early reviews come in before I jump on this one.

Posted by: Hysterical Record | Sep 20, 2011 3:56:36 PM

13. Wow, that affected accent is just... too much!

Posted by: NoSleep4Sam | Sep 20, 2011 6:05:39 PM

14. Impressive trailer-Eastwood can be a master director with the right script.

Posted by: jaragon | Sep 20, 2011 6:07:59 PM

15. @Smokey

Actually, I thought that was the best "old person makeup" I've ever seen. Much better than, say, Russel Crowe in A Beautiful Mind, or the botch job that was so bad in the final Harry Potter that the studio forced the whole scene to be re-shot.

Posted by: Ryan | Sep 20, 2011 7:15:35 PM

16. why is decaprio playing a man who was known to have black ancestry?

does gay subtxt make up for hollywood whitewashing? probably not.

Posted by: hmm... | Sep 20, 2011 8:43:09 PM