Chaz Bono | Dancing with the Stars | Keith Ablow | Megyn Kelly | News | Transgender

FOX News Anchor Megyn Kelly Rips Keith Ablow Over Allegations That Chaz Bono Will Make Kids Change Gender: VIDEO

Kelly

FOX News anchor Megyn Kelly rips Dr. Keith Ablow for "adding to the hate" against transgender people in response to his FOX News editorial suggesting that Chaz Bono on Dancing with the Stars would cause children to want to switch gender.

Says Kelly: "I think the viewers get this...Our children are no more likely to turn transgender from watching Chaz Bono than they are to turn gay by watching Will & Grace. You either are, or you're not."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Another stupid Fucktard with an opinion... PUHULEEZE,

Posted by: Pdxblueyes | Sep 14, 2011 11:12:47 PM

2. He says at the end that if "He came up to me and asked me: Am I a male? I would say no Brotha you're not"
    Hmm..."He" and "Brotha" both in reference to Chaz... Sounds like he is confused or just a dumbass...I think both!

Posted by: Michael | Sep 14, 2011 11:14:03 PM

3. Let's hope the change sticks. This segment was definitely an evolution for her. She has pissed me off numerous times about the way she treats gay issues - blatantly homophobic in the past. But people do evolve. She mentioned in an interview recently with Rick Santorum about what her gay friends thought of him. My suspicion is that Megyn has actually gotten to know and care about some gay people who may be enlightening her a bit. Most homophobic and closed-minded people are that way more out of ignorance and lack of empathy than outright hatred, IMO. I welcome that she seems to finally understand it's not a choice.

Posted by: Cal | Sep 15, 2011 12:18:52 AM

4. Jerry, you are so right. I was thinking the same thing. If she keeps this up…her days are numbered. Hey Thomas Roberts worked for Fox…and look at him now.

Posted by: Willbesurfing | Sep 15, 2011 12:27:06 AM

5. I just got back from ice skating in Hell.

Posted by: AJM | Sep 15, 2011 12:55:32 AM

6. I am sure that Megan Kelly got called on the carpet by the Fox executives for her liberal stand,, expect that her contract will not be renewed.

Posted by: Nelson | Sep 15, 2011 5:44:59 AM

7. I am pleasantly surprised to see Megyn Kelly address this issue is such a responsible manner. I took real offense to her inaccurate coverage of the proposition 8 trial in California so I was skeptical going into this clip, but she really held this guy to the fact that his claims were baseless and irresponsible.

I hope this does indicate that she has grown in her understanding of lgbt issues and will continue to address them in a more responsible manner than she has in the past. On this particular day, however, I'll offer my thanks to her.

Posted by: Josh | Sep 15, 2011 6:08:10 AM

8. I'm glad I'm lying in bed so I won't hurt myself when I pass out from the shock of actual *sense* coming from Fox News.

Posted by: justinw | Sep 15, 2011 6:55:06 AM

9. I'm still trying to figure out why this "doctor" thinks that children will know that Chaz is transgender just from watching the show without their parents telling them? Does "Dancing with the Stars" plan on having an onscreen crawl explaining it every time he is on air?

Posted by: Tim NC | Sep 15, 2011 7:26:34 AM

10. Chaz Bono's sexuality wouldn't be an interest if people like Dr. Ablow hadn't written his ridiculous piece. This guy must think they are going to introduce Chaz as "Transgender Chaz" which for a show like DWTS would be the last thing they are going to do.

Kids will never know that Chaz is anything but a heavy set guy dancing with Lacy Schwimmer.

Only this rotted soul Dr. Ablow is turned inside out by it.

Posted by: Bart | Sep 15, 2011 8:21:39 AM

11. @Josh Thanks for the reminder. I think we were all so shocked at the "new" Megyn that we forgot some of the other crap she's said.

Posted by: Gigi | Sep 15, 2011 8:22:14 AM

12. @Jason Or should we call you Pollyanna? Lol! I appreciate what you're saying, and perhaps Kelly has changed as a result of becoming a mother, but this is certainly not the case for many who have children. Hannity (he does "opinion" and not "hard news") has kids, as do my parents. None of them are all that sympathetic.

Posted by: Gigi | Sep 15, 2011 8:25:20 AM

13. Well, Josh - I guess we have to ask ourselves; can a zebra change its stripes?
    Heh.

Posted by: J H Robbins | Sep 15, 2011 8:35:29 AM

14. Wow!!!!

This was from Fox News?

I'm wondering if she has a new job lined up and finally decided to stop parroting the Faux New Line of Lies.

Posted by: Continuum | Sep 15, 2011 9:11:14 AM

15. Ablow says, "We kindle behavior in one another." Uh, Doc, as an impressionable gay kid growing up in the 50s/60s, I was exposed to a helluva lot of pro-heterosexuality (TV, movies, songs, 99.99% of the other kids at school, my parents and every last one of their friends) and the requisite homophobia of the times, yet none of that "kindled" me into changing from gay to straight. I must have hung out with the wrong crowd.

Posted by: Texistentialist | Sep 15, 2011 10:39:40 AM

16. Are you guys really "buying" this crap? It was all pre-packaged! Do you really think he wasn't prepped that she was going to go against him in the interview? It was all scripted drama...that B*tch hasn't changed one bit.

Posted by: Tagg2 | Sep 15, 2011 11:23:34 AM

17. Ablow is compeltely disingenuous here--he's perfect for Fox.

Kelly is one of the stranger Fox hosts--she can be completely irrational one moment and completely logical the next. It's very strange.

Posted by: Dan | Sep 15, 2011 11:27:16 AM

18. "No, brother you're not [a man]."

Seems like Dr Ablow doesn't know that brothers are male. If even he doesn't get this traditional reasoning right, then he shouldn't get upset with transpeople or anyone else who doesn't fit into Box A or Box B.

Posted by: Randy | Sep 15, 2011 12:50:41 PM

19. did anyone else notice the floor starting to get cold when watching this video? very surprising from fox news!

Posted by: pitluver | Sep 15, 2011 3:18:35 PM

20. So Ablow said to Megyn behind the scenes: "Why Megyn, what are you doing this to me?! Don't bully me. You are a bully! Buahh, buaah, buaah" (crying)

Posted by: Chris in Irvine | Sep 15, 2011 3:50:10 PM

21. Amazing transformation, although I can understand the cynics here. Personally, I will give her the benefit of the doubt. She was very close to calling him a bigot when she said that LBGT people face a lot of hate and was he just adding to this hate! Just wow...

Posted by: Married in MA | Sep 15, 2011 4:05:05 PM

22. Can I just mention Shep Smith? He has never been a knee-jerk Republican and took Hannity to task over Katrina, got ticked over waterboarding and torture...I could go on.

Seeing someone on DWTS will not leave an impression on children. He should worry more about the geriatric crowd.

Posted by: Rin | Sep 15, 2011 4:06:19 PM

23. Don't get too excited about Megyn's transformation just yet!
    Apparently, just today, her newborn son grabbed the pacifier out of Megyn's hand, stuck it in his mouth grinning from ear to ear. He then rolled over on his stomach, glancing coyly over his shoulder and spoke his first words..."oh daddy"!!!
    Megyn had one of those "ah-ha moments", and then went on the air to do the show.
    Sadly, she lapsed back immediately afterwards and once again is spewing her everyday filth.

Posted by: Paul | Sep 15, 2011 7:29:50 PM

24. I'm going to bet that the hairdresser who gave her her fierce do was gay... and therefor - she loves us now.

Posted by: Michael | Sep 19, 2011 12:53:49 AM

25. Megan Kelly, I applaud you for standing up to this very misinformed doctor. He knows nothing of the pain and anguish that Transgender and specifically Transsexual whether FtM or MtF. He is propagating hate and intolerance. Thank you for standing up against him and voicing reason, compassion and acceptance. Btw I'm a Transwoman living full time as me. Kimberly

Posted by: Kimberly Kelly | Sep 20, 2011 6:38:02 PM