Andy Cohen | News | Patti Stanger

Millionaire Matchmaker Patti Stanger Praises Non-'Queeny' Gays, Says Gays Can't Be Monogamous: VIDEO

Stanger

Viewers on social networks began calling for the cancellation of Millionaire Matchmaker Patti Stanger's show following remarks on the premiere of Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live last night.

After telling one caller who asks her about monogamy that "in the gay world, it will always be open" and "there is no curbing the gay man," Stanger tells Cohen "I have tried to curb you people."

When Cohen objects, she says, "When was the last time you had a boyfriend?...You know this. You're gay."

Stanger expressed the same sentiment in 2009 on her show.

Another gay caller received this compliment from Stanger: "First of all, you're very handsome, I thought you were straight...because [you're] not queeny."

Jewish men were also targeted by Stanger: "They lie." "So I'm a non-monogamous liar," Cohen responded, half in jest.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Longer video over at Gawker.

Comments

1. Wow.

Posted by: CGD | Sep 26, 2011 12:39:07 PM

2. Does anyone even watch this crap? If so, just STOP.

Posted by: BostonGRiTS | Sep 26, 2011 12:40:08 PM

3. This pathetic woman is a complete waste of time and attention. What a shallow bigot.

Posted by: Geoff M | Sep 26, 2011 12:40:19 PM

4. she's right

Posted by: Jason | Sep 26, 2011 12:42:42 PM

5. wouldnt waste my time- anyone,and I mean wanyone who's looking for someone - and thier pre-requisite is HOW MUCH MONEY $$ does the other make....then they're Shallow to begin with and NOT worth knowing....and hey lady, hmmm...you are a match-maker..and WHY- cause the people you set up are most likely DIVORCED, and WHY.....CHEATING!!!! So lady STFU - you heteros are NOT better then gays BY FAR!

Posted by: Gay American | Sep 26, 2011 12:44:13 PM

6. I thought Andy Cohen had a longtime boyfriend.

Posted by: Kenton | Sep 26, 2011 12:47:22 PM

7. If she doesn't believe gay men can be monogamous then why is she taking their money to set them up?

Posted by: ItsMe | Sep 26, 2011 12:48:16 PM

8. Does Andy have a spine?

Posted by: Eric26 | Sep 26, 2011 12:49:24 PM

9. Ms. Stanger has crossed a line and will cost BRAVO a large and loyal audience.

Posted by: Tom | Sep 26, 2011 12:50:18 PM

10. Oh please...Patty is mouthy and might as well be a gay man herself....she definatly loves the gays and says it. I was wondering last night while watching this how long it would take for someone to blow what she said out of proportion. The only thing that I was mildly offended by was that she told the caller that she would never have known that he was gay and to take that as a compliment...

Posted by: Grant | Sep 26, 2011 12:50:19 PM

11. It's really not that serious

Posted by: Alex | Sep 26, 2011 12:50:21 PM

12. In Vino Vertias.

She tried to "curb you people". Is that curbing a dog or curbing a Ferrari?

In all honesty, who cares? She's a dope with too much makeup that made me wonder if she was a man in drag. Let her fix up straight people who will be miserable. She comes off miserable.

Posted by: Bart | Sep 26, 2011 12:50:49 PM

13. I dunno Andy, I think you're being a bit harsh. Did u watch the whole show and not just copy from Gawker?
    The question asked was about Open Relationships and she said that once you find the right guy you will stop wanting to have an open relationship, which I agree with. And her comment on Grindr was spot on I thought.
    As for the straight looking guy, I also thought he was pretty straight looking. Look on Grindr these days, everyone is asking for a masculine guy (even the ones that can't spell the whole word).

Posted by: Alex | Sep 26, 2011 12:52:21 PM

14. Almost all the gay men I know sleep around and are open with their partners about it. They're practice safer sex and lead healthy lives. Almost all the straight men I know sleep around and are dishonest with their partners about it. Just sayin'

Posted by: VitaminKorg | Sep 26, 2011 12:55:47 PM

15. I wish she'd just say all men are slutty and it's difficult to keep them on the straight and narrow. Gays have it twice as hard, with another guy in the relationship. Anyway who cares - she ain't God, and it's just her opinion. At least she's saying something interesting.

PS Cohen is a whore, ask anyone who knows him

Posted by: Dan | Sep 26, 2011 12:59:45 PM

16. Ahem...Jason, generalizations and stereotypes never hold true for everyone. Signed, a monogomous gay man of the "non-queeny" variety (another category that gay men are put into that I despise).

Posted by: Mack | Sep 26, 2011 1:00:43 PM

17. Once again, something gets blown totally out of proportion. If you know anything about her, you know she speaks her mind. When you listen to what she says - in context - you see that she's spot on.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Posted by: OMNOMNOM | Sep 26, 2011 1:03:31 PM

18. Gotta go with Stranger on this one. She's right about just about everything here, and Andy Cohen should not be held up as any sort of role model. As for the queeny part, certainly "queeny" guys have the right to that behavior, but honestly, it does affect their attractiveness quotient. I know, you will fight to the death to behave like an immature valley girl on crack, so go ahead and live your truth - there's no curbing you.

Posted by: perkins | Sep 26, 2011 1:04:33 PM

19. The real problem with Patti Stanger is that in 4 years on the air she has had not one couple even get engaged. In fact, she seems to believe that if her clients manage to get a second date she has a success on her hands. She isn't a matchmaker. She's barely a dating service. She makes fun of how people look to their faces and her own face looks like dog food. She is single and hasn't had any luck in her own relationships. Those are the reasons bravo should cancel her show. This latest are just reasons why she shouldn't have any friends. What a piece of crap she is.

Tag line first year: "I'm a third generations matchmaker with 99% success rate."

Second year: "I'm a third generation matchmaker with a very high success rate."

Third year: "I'm a third generation matchmaker."

LOL

Posted by: Jonathan | Sep 26, 2011 1:04:33 PM

20. I honestly think she was coming from a place of "I'm loud and flamboyant and "in" with the gays, I can say these things cause they're my people." Hell she admitted to swimming in the lady pond on the very same show why isnt THAT news? We need to worry about our real enemies and cut her some slack.

Posted by: Grant | Sep 26, 2011 1:05:32 PM

21. LOL, Jonathan...you've just given my other half and I a great laugh!!!!Thank you.

Posted by: Mack | Sep 26, 2011 1:16:01 PM

22. I agree she's not the real enemy. Hopefully this can be a "teachable moment" for her.

Posted by: Scott | Sep 26, 2011 1:16:12 PM

23. I agree with OMNOMNOM. I watch her show and I find her hilarious, but this is partly because she has no filter & she's sarcastic & tongue-in-cheek much of the time.

Posted by: redball | Sep 26, 2011 1:21:49 PM

24. "Perkins" (Tony is that you?) I have little doubt you behave like "an immature valley girl on crack."

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Sep 26, 2011 1:26:15 PM