Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Jason Jones | Jon Stewart | News

Jon Stewart and Jason Jones Celebrate the End of 'DADT': VIDEO

Jasonjones

Daily Show correspondent Jason Jones reports from Afghanistan, where the end of "don't ask, don't tell" has turned our once proud armed forces into a camouflage-thong pansexual bacchanal, and Jon Stewart looks at its history, and repeal, and those who are flaunting their sexuality now that it's over.

"What kind of monsters have unconditional love in their families, and how do I get my dad to have some of that?"

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Stewart

Jon looks back at the history of 'DADT':

Comments

1. I love me some Jon Stewart.

Posted by: Texas Law Dog | Sep 21, 2011 9:38:28 AM

2. Stewart's coverage of gay issues is always positive, and always positively awkward. The result of a room full of straight male Harvard grads trying to be empathetic without triggering each other's gaydar. It makes me cringe.

Posted by: Really? | Sep 21, 2011 10:03:06 AM

3. Really "Really"? It makes me smile.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Sep 21, 2011 10:26:15 AM

4. I don't know how it could be possible for me to be any more infatuated with Jason Jones.

Stewart only stumbles when he goes out of his way to be "fair and balanced" just to prove he's not the anti-O'Reilly (and why wouldn't he want to be that?), but he's always fleet-footed on the gay stuff.

And Jason Jones I could watch reading the phone book from dawn to dusk (I'd have other plans for him from dusk to dawn).

Posted by: justme | Sep 21, 2011 11:16:04 AM

5. @ Really? : LOL, I know what you mean!! I like JS and The Daily Show but sometimes his gay jokes are a little off.

Posted by: ChrisMe | Sep 21, 2011 11:38:30 AM

6. More nauseatingly homophobic comedy from Jon Stewart. So predictable.

Posted by: Stuffed Animal | Sep 21, 2011 1:53:45 PM

7. Did you watch the whole thing @StuffedAnimal. The premise is that Jones is trying liven things up to make the story juicy and full of stereotypes because the *real* effect of lifting DADT has been so uneventful. The reveal happens a bit into the segment at which point Stewart and Jones discuss how little it really matters to most soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines and how all the Chicken Little stories about how the sky would fall were based in stereotype or ignorance. It was subversive light comedy at it's satirical best. Emphasis on the light, but worthy nonetheless. It was certainly not homophobic.

Posted by: BreckRoy | Sep 21, 2011 3:46:41 PM

8. Another reason why Jon deserved that Emmy. He rocks.

Posted by: Mikey | Sep 21, 2011 5:26:21 PM

9. Did anybody see what I saw? It looks like Jason has NOTHING on under the shorts and you can see what looks to be his balls kind of, sort of, almost coming out on the left.

Posted by: topsyturvy | Sep 21, 2011 7:13:11 PM