When Liberals Call Him Gay, Andrew Breitbart Fantasizes About Civil War: VIDEO

Picture 1

At a Tea Party function in Boston, a sweaty, pacing, unshaven Andrew Breitbart says he sometimes dreams of civil war.

"We outnumber (liberals) in this country, and we have the guns. (audience laughter) I'm not kidding."

And he purports to have the backing of a cadre within the U.S. military.

The video has just surfaced.

I'm under attack all the time. They call me gay, there are death threats... There are times where I'm not thinking as clearly as I should, and in those unclear moments, I always think to myself, 'Fire the first shot.' Bring it on. Because I know who's on our side. They can only win a rhetorical and propaganda war. They cannot win. We outnumber them in this country, and we have the guns... I'm not kidding. They talk a mean game, but they will not cross that line because they know what they're dealing with.

Then he says that unnamed senior military officials have personally assured him that they'll throw in with the right-wing in a civil war.

And I have people who come up to me in the military, major named people in the military, who grab me and they go, 'Thank you for what you're doing, we've got your back.'

They understand that. These are the unspoken things we know, they know.

On the face of it, Breitbart's admission demands a congressional or criminal investigation. If he's implying that military officials have pledged their armed support to him and the right-wing, those officials are guilty of treason. If Breitbart is lying, he's diagnosable.

Watch his Strangelove moment, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via Little Green Footballs)

Comments

1. That man is insane.

Posted by: Dave | Sep 18, 2011 12:12:43 AM

2. Thanks for ruining my PC screen! Who is that freaking UGLY jerk? I actually don't care. Please, no photos of a**holes here. Por favor. :-)

Posted by: FunMe | Sep 18, 2011 12:28:22 AM

3. Right wing gays are bad for mankind...

Posted by: RichL | Sep 18, 2011 12:34:05 AM

4. Yawn!!Fringe Freak of The Week. Like Glen Beck his star is fading. Even Limbaugh is losing his luster. Scream louder Andrew no one is listening.

Posted by: DearComrade | Sep 18, 2011 12:36:29 AM

5. Like a cocksucking Glenn Beck!

Posted by: MrJ | Sep 18, 2011 12:46:18 AM

6. well, to me, it seems clear who is dangerous and raving.

breitbart, along with the tea party followers, are pawns being used by the corporatist powers in this country. now is the time to stand up for labor and the unions. this man has is raving and powerful, and he is directing his energy towards the working and middle class...

Posted by: jake | Sep 18, 2011 12:47:19 AM

7. Very scaring and plainly a disturbed mind. Thanks for posting!

Posted by: Matt F | Sep 18, 2011 1:20:26 AM

8. Who calls him gay? I guess I havn't seen much of twitter, but I don't think he's gay. I think George Washington wants his hair back, but I don't think he's gay. He called us bullies on a playground a minute after he said he's really not kidding about shooting liberals.

Posted by: Mike | Sep 18, 2011 1:41:30 AM

9. Persecution Complex! and paranoid, nice combo, fits the Tea Party like a glove

Posted by: Hysterical Record | Sep 18, 2011 1:51:31 AM

10. Yeah, we have guns, too...

Posted by: Bill Michael | Sep 18, 2011 2:16:01 AM

11. And I know how to blend in...

Posted by: Bill Michael | Sep 18, 2011 2:18:02 AM

12. OMG... This guy is seriously batshit looney toons!

Posted by: Rick Aiello | Sep 18, 2011 3:12:05 AM

13. Never heard tell of this job before.

Posted by: kodiak | Sep 18, 2011 3:40:36 AM

14. What is it with you Americans and your mental right wingness???! I've never seen a bunch of people so proud of being mean!

Posted by: Rowan | Sep 18, 2011 4:21:21 AM

15. There's no depths this sociopath won't stoop to. He'll find someone to shoot him in the ass as then blame gays/liberals for it eventually.

? "They talk a mean game, but they will not cross that line because they know what they're dealing with." ?

Yes. We know what we're dealing with. Anti-Freedom, Un-American conformist bullies like him. Keep in mind, the Vatican doesn't rely on numerical or military strength either... and they seem to be doing just fine.

Posted by: jexer | Sep 18, 2011 5:08:07 AM

16. Batshit crazy. Absolutely nuts.

Posted by: justinw | Sep 18, 2011 5:32:32 AM

17. Does he and his ilk think that after all the hate crimes out there and listening to loons like him, that WE don't have guns too? He and his friends are in for a rude awakening.

I can't talk for the rest of the country but we've git plenty of armed queers up here in the northern New England states.

Posted by: Winter | Sep 18, 2011 6:59:59 AM

18. He may be crazy, but he is near the top of the upper echelon of the Republican power players and Tea Party followers. Make no mistake, these are the kinds of people that are now running the Republican party. They are dead serious about taking over the country and imposing their perverted brand of dominionism on the land. It's no joke.

Posted by: Karl | Sep 18, 2011 7:03:07 AM

19. So, yeah, I thought with all the recent brinksmanship things had reached an all time low in the US... guess I was wrong.

Posted by: corvidae | Sep 18, 2011 8:29:52 AM

20. ""The Philistine not only ignores all conditions of life which are not his own but also demands that the rest of mankind should fashion its mode of existence after his own", and "What is a philistine? A hollow gut, full of fear and hope that God will have mercy!" - Goethe

Posted by: DearComrade | Sep 18, 2011 8:42:48 AM

21. Cocaine can do crazy things to your mind, Andrew.

Posted by: evan | Sep 18, 2011 8:43:01 AM

22. I wish this deluded raving would mean he would be excluded from the media taking him seriously, but of course it won't.

Posted by: So Left I'm Right | Sep 18, 2011 8:58:21 AM

23. For those who did not know of him, this is his website
    It's sometimes "interesting" - really disturbing - to read the comments to articles posted there.

Posted by: Jim | Sep 18, 2011 9:24:00 AM

24. Breibart is just another right-wing pussy hooked on oxy. The symptoms are visible in his face.

Posted by: NY2.0 | Sep 18, 2011 9:35:03 AM

25. Not to share Breitbart's apparent paranoia, but there is more than an element of truth in what he says and believes and those are shared by many, including senior members of the military. I assure you officers like Gen. Boykin are not an anomalies in uniform. There are verifiable reports that Christian fascists, Dominionists and the like have successfully infiltrated the military academies and the rank and file military itself. So it is not at all unlikely that a good percentage of our "volunteer" or mercenary military would align themselves with the political right.

Perhaps Breitbart lost control and let the cat out of the bag, so to speak.

At the very least, this demands an INDEPENDENT investigation, but with a President who fears his military and a GOP House that has nothing to gain should such conditions actually exist inside our current MIC, I expect nothing will come of it. Military coups in America aren't fantasy, they just haven't been successful. Yet.

Posted by: Bob R | Sep 18, 2011 9:35:42 AM