2012 Election | Chris Christie | News | Republican Party

BigGayDeal.com

Chris Christie Not Running for President

Christie New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is set to make an announcement at 1 pm EDT today, but outlets , such as ABC News, are already reporting what he will say:

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie will not run for president, according to a source with direct knowledge of the governor’s thinking. Christie has long said he’s not ready to run, but had reconsidered in recent weeks and there was speculation he could make a late entrance into the race.

Politico has also heard from multiple sources that he's not running. As has the National Review. And CBS News.

Comments

1. YAY! I'm from Jersey and very glad we won't be unleashing this monster onto the rest of the US!

Posted by: James | Oct 4, 2011 10:52:40 AM

2. He might be a thug but he's not dumb. He knows he's not ready and he also knows he'd have some corruption issues to explain.

Posted by: Butch | Oct 4, 2011 11:28:35 AM

3. He's so fat he probably can't run anywhere....but I'm glad he's staying in NJ.

Posted by: Steve | Oct 4, 2011 11:51:32 AM

4. So I guess the 'Corpulent Christie' comments are going to have to wait at least four more years. Well, if he dies before then we've still got 'Carcass Christie' as his moniker-in-waiting.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Oct 4, 2011 11:52:03 AM

5. "...quoted sources close to..." means they expect to draw this out until the midnight primary filing deadline in a few days. Watch! He's going to pop up with a "I've had a change of heart..." conference. I will be SHOCKED if he does not, especially considering the Koch Brothers have already agreed to fund his campaign.

The guy is a walking heart attack in waiting. I'd love to see him run just to keel over when things get really hot, but perhaps he knows the field will be easier to get into come 2016 (Mayan's be damned).

Posted by: Rad | Oct 4, 2011 12:18:25 PM

6. I bet in a Presidential run he might not be able to carry New Jersey and that Rudy Giuliani could not carry New York. What's a Repub to do? Can't run, can't carry!

Posted by: Bench 'em | Oct 4, 2011 12:32:20 PM

7. Shouldn't that headline read "Christie not waddling for President"?

Posted by: Really? | Oct 4, 2011 12:41:29 PM

8. WOW, you people are all idiots!!! I may not like the guy, but I don't wish him dead. And really.....do you really need to start name calling about his weight? So pathetic people.

Posted by: Matt | Oct 4, 2011 12:59:04 PM

9. Good Really!

Ha! And this not so little piggy stayed home . . .

Surprise. Surprise. Guess someone looked at him and found him to be wanting. ALMOST as much as the OTHER Republicans.

Posted by: Mike | Oct 4, 2011 1:03:53 PM

10. MATT: His weight is his only known quality outside of New Jersey. He's bigger than Cleveland (Grover, not Ohio) and up in Taft territory. America really doesn't need a morbidly obese president as a role model.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Oct 4, 2011 1:17:06 PM

11. @ Anastasia Beaverhausen

So let me get this right.... it's ok to discriminate against fat people? Thank god we don't have a gay president.... what kind of example would that set? You are truly an idiot!

Posted by: Matt | Oct 4, 2011 1:31:28 PM

12. His quote was: "It involves RUNNING? Couldn't I just take a Helicopter?"

Posted by: StillmarriedinCA | Oct 4, 2011 1:33:22 PM

13. My gaydar is telling me he is gay. I could be wrong. What does yours' tells you?

Posted by: Malo | Oct 4, 2011 1:43:57 PM

14. he is toast if he ran

NJ credit rating got downgraded specifically because of him and his fellow repubs in the state senate

Posted by: say what | Oct 4, 2011 1:44:36 PM

15. I think his plan is to become VP first, then president.

Posted by: anon | Oct 4, 2011 1:54:55 PM

16. MATT: It's okay to not think a morbidly obese person should be president (especially if Sarah Palin is his VP). It's called "morbid" for a reason.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Oct 4, 2011 2:00:17 PM

17. A pity, he seems to have a very very broad base of support.

Posted by: ynot | Oct 4, 2011 2:35:26 PM

18. I am also a NJ native and resident who is relieved this bullying ogre isn't running to be our President, though I wish he would still quit his day job...

Posted by: Giuseppe | Oct 4, 2011 4:56:48 PM

19. What's his middle name, Jesus?

Too bad he's not running, the right would love to put christ back in the white house, or back in christmas, or something like that.

Posted by: What will christie do? | Oct 4, 2011 5:48:39 PM

20. He's done a good job of taking on the waste and inefficiency that occurs with civic employee unions in NJ. But he's still a Republican. He might talk a good game about less government, but when it comes to issues like gay marriage, or even civil unions, he supports the government sticking its nose in our business.

Posted by: Andrew | Oct 4, 2011 7:14:05 PM

21. Not a Christie fan but he is not stupid-he realizes that it might be too late to really have a chance. Perhaps he is aiming for the VP spot.

Posted by: jaragon | Oct 4, 2011 9:14:10 PM