2012 Election | Gay Marriage | News | Rick Santorum

Rick Santorum Wants to Defund Contraception, Says He'll 'Die on the Hill' Fighting for 'Traditional' Marriage: VIDEO

Contraception_santorum

In a recent interview, Rick Santorum said he would take away all federal funding for contraception if he were president, Think Progress reports:

"It’s not okay. It’s a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be...[Sex] is supposed to be within marriage. It’s supposed to be for purposes that are yes, conjugal…but also procreative. That’s the perfect way that a sexual union should happen…This is special and it needs to be seen as special."

In the same interview, Santorum said he would "die on the hill" fighting for opposite sex marriage.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Did I hear, "Ding, dong the wicked witch is dead"?

Posted by: Steve | Oct 19, 2011 5:41:42 PM

2. We won't miss you, Rick.

Posted by: Max | Oct 19, 2011 5:42:12 PM

3. Santorum - the frothy mix of lube and fecal matter, that is sometimes the by-product of anal sex.

Posted by: SteveC | Oct 19, 2011 5:44:13 PM

4. "Die on the hill....."

Why wait?

Posted by: ichabod | Oct 19, 2011 5:45:17 PM

5. As a final joke, I am voting for him at the primary because he is THE MOST unelectable person on the face of the earth. Good luck, Mr. FM.

Posted by: Pointed | Oct 19, 2011 5:52:54 PM

6. this man seem to spend most of his waking dealing with two men getting it on. god rick, just do it stop dreaming about it . promise it won't hurt and you will love it. some how i can picture him with his legs high in the air.

Posted by: walter | Oct 19, 2011 6:00:23 PM

7. @Pointed : nice one !

There's a lot to be said for his point on straights making more of us.........."just like me, a lot like me, but not quite me."

And is it me, or are straights making more and more of us ? It's the ultimate god's joke on Frothy.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Oct 19, 2011 6:01:41 PM

8. I can hear the hammer hitting nail-head into coffin as I write this. I only wish I could offer him a hand, but he's doing such a great job of burying himself...why bother?
    Wow, I think that is a rug up there...line your box with it "santorum".

Posted by: paul b. | Oct 19, 2011 6:21:56 PM

9. Is that a promise? (lol)

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Oct 19, 2011 6:22:20 PM

10. So when he "dies on the hill," will there only be a 3 day window to piss on his grave before he's whisked off to heaven or will there be time to incorporate it into a larger vacation plan?

Posted by: Caliban | Oct 19, 2011 6:29:20 PM

11. Rick Santorum wants to ram his "catholic" values down everyone's throats. He is one of the most dangerous politicians in America.

Posted by: Sean | Oct 19, 2011 6:56:08 PM

12. Who died and made him Pope?

Posted by: Fun to watch | Oct 19, 2011 7:09:54 PM

13. I'm waiting....tick tock, tick tock.

Posted by: Lauraock | Oct 19, 2011 8:35:26 PM

14. Personally, I think he's starting to crack up

Posted by: txstevo | Oct 19, 2011 9:00:42 PM

15. As a former constituent of his, let me be the first one to get to the Hill. Nothing made me happier than the day I could throw his delusional ass to the curb.

Posted by: Drew | Oct 19, 2011 9:02:02 PM

16. He can always get work doing ads for laxatives. One look at that face and you know he's full of shytte.

Posted by: Bright future ahead of him | Oct 19, 2011 9:39:38 PM

17. Seriously...this guy is absolutely NUTS...Every time I think he's finally said his dumbest thing, he tops himself with something even more idiotic!!!

GO AWAY RICK...and get some help!

Posted by: bruce | Oct 19, 2011 11:53:24 PM

18. Harold Camping's prediction of rapture on October 21, 2011 can't come fast enough. My rapture list:
    Santorum in particular and then
    Entire GOP presidential contenders
    Maggie Gallagher and cast of NOM
    Westboro Baptist Church

Good riddance (although I do think Camping's a raging lunatic too).

Posted by: Todd | Oct 20, 2011 1:14:53 AM

19. How can help you expedite the process Mr Santorum?

Posted by: Nathan | Oct 20, 2011 1:30:53 AM

20. Santorum dismisses polygamy in ancient times on Bret Baier's show: "It was a very different culture. It was a system that was antithetical to everything we believe in. But the nature of the reationship... even though it was polygamous, each marriage was a man and a woman... for the purposes of coming together in a conjugal and unitive relationshiup, for the bonding one to one and having children for the future society."

Posted by: Flying Spaghetti Monster | Oct 20, 2011 11:35:13 PM