Lady Gaga | Music | Music Video | News | Tony Bennett

BigGayDeal.com

Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett Explain Why the Lady's a Tramp: MUSIC VIDEO

Gaga-bennett

Last month I posted the audio for this Lady Gaga - Tony Bennett duet performance of "The Lady is a Tramp" for Bennett's new duets album. Here's the video, in all its blue-haired glory.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. ...Mrs. Slocombe...?

Posted by: JSH | Oct 3, 2011 8:37:25 AM

2. Love love LOVE it!!!! Cue the haters. But remember this is not an easy style of singing. This woman has the chops to pull it off!

Posted by: AJ | Oct 3, 2011 9:06:03 AM

3. totally not my type of music. i guess i enjoy cheesy top 40 crap too much but that was fun and almost makes me wanna download.

Posted by: Joseph Klock | Oct 3, 2011 9:17:10 AM

4. I think it's a good idea for people over 40 (or 50, or, or...) to sample modern music now and then, lest they become locked-in-the-60's relics--Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga, Adelle, etc. are putting out some great stuff these days. Similarly, I think it's a good idea for teens and 20-somethings to go back and listen to early pop/jazz (Sinatra, Peggy Lee, Bennett, Streisand, Lena Horne, Johnny Mathis, etc.) to see how they affected current singers, especially the thin line between "black" and "white" music. It's an ongoing story of America.

Having said all that, this track and video are hoots; The New Yorker did an in-depth profile a couple weeks back of the recording session, and it sounds like it was a blast. Bennett is an old pro, but Gaga treated him like royalty. (And you really get to hear how good her voice can be when she really unleashes it!)

Posted by: Dback | Oct 3, 2011 9:56:50 AM

5. Mink Stole! Love it : )

Posted by: GBM | Oct 3, 2011 10:05:17 AM

6. Take away the theatrics, the outrageous get ups, the bizarre behavior,
    and the rest - and she is just great singer with a great voice.

Posted by: Gr8guyca | Oct 3, 2011 10:31:19 AM

7. Here's the thing: she SWINGS. Most singers these days just CAN'T. It's inborn; it can't be taught.

I don't like everything she does, but I recognize pure talent when I see it. Her future is BRIGHT.

The lady is a STAR.