Halloween | Louis Virtel | News

BigGayDeal.com

Verbal Vogueing Haunted Haus: VIDEO

Virtel

Get ready to experience the scariest sh*t Louis Virtel can think of.

Watch (warning: language), AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I really don't get this verbal vogueing thing. Is it supposed to be funny? Topical? Introspective?

Posted by: FernLaPlante | Oct 31, 2011 1:06:52 PM

2. Yeah - her appetite for internet fame is getting old. Not terribly original either.

Posted by: John | Oct 31, 2011 1:25:00 PM

3. could this guy be any more obnoxious? i don't understand the fascination with him.

Posted by: deedrdo | Oct 31, 2011 1:27:48 PM

4. All of the above and more.

Posted by: Kári Emil | Oct 31, 2011 1:31:11 PM

5. I have to watch every single one of these that you post because they are such trainwrecks. I don't "enjoy" them, of course, but they do make me even more glad to be me. So there's that.

Posted by: ohplease | Oct 31, 2011 1:36:03 PM

6. All you are all haters. I actually think its very funny and witty. I don't see you all putting yourselves out there. If anything is obnoxious is all of the above.

Posted by: Martin | Oct 31, 2011 1:37:09 PM

7. IMO he *can* be clever, it's just not much in evidence in this one.

Posted by: Caliban | Oct 31, 2011 1:38:17 PM

8. Sorry guys but I get the humor. Louis is a bit odd and his references are sometimes cloaked, and he's maybe even a little tongue-in-cheek narcissistic, but I totally get it. He cracks me up.

Posted by: sparks | Oct 31, 2011 1:51:05 PM

9. Two minutes would be plenty.

Posted by: Dos Minutos | Oct 31, 2011 1:57:53 PM

10. Not his best one- but I'm not quite sure where all the vitriol is coming from. He's generally at his best when he's just sitting and talking about a subject. The "lets list off funny catchphrases or word jumbles at rapid-fire, breakneck speeds" thing is amusing as a quick clip at the end of the segment- but it gets really exhausting if it's an entire episode.

But I still laughed at a bunch of it. He's amusing. Can't we all just get along?

Posted by: Aedan | Oct 31, 2011 2:07:53 PM

11. He looked kind of cute...until he started talking.

Posted by: corvidae | Oct 31, 2011 2:14:57 PM

12. This guy is sooo annoying and unfunny. Please stop posting his videos.

Posted by: ron | Oct 31, 2011 2:56:49 PM

13. Boy....put yourself out there and people feel they can rip you a new a-hole! Lighten up!

Posted by: Greg | Oct 31, 2011 2:59:47 PM

14. I think he's funny and gorgeous, but boy, a little goes a long way.

Posted by: Gregoire | Oct 31, 2011 3:10:32 PM

15. @MARTIN, I'm not being a hater or being snarky. I honestly don't understand the fascination with this and even what Verbal Vogueing means. I was just asking for an explanation.

Posted by: FernLaPlante | Oct 31, 2011 3:29:13 PM

16. huh?

Posted by: reality | Oct 31, 2011 4:16:10 PM

17. love this guy. so witty and quick. i guess you old queens can't keep up.

Posted by: Brian | Oct 31, 2011 4:18:40 PM

18. It's called meta-humor. The fact that it's a subjective joke and isn't funny to dumb-asses makes it funnier. (What is topical? obviously this is no creme) Oh and btw, attaching a feminine pronoun to a critical statement about a young gay guy who is a little effeminate, reiterate you don't like him so you call him her, is actually sexist. If you can't have pride in comedy that's over your head, there's always M-Y-S-O-G-Y-N-Y. If you don't know what it is girrrrrrl, you stupid! Now, go look it up.

Posted by: aaron | Oct 31, 2011 5:15:20 PM

19. I liked it. Too much for me at times, but that's the point. Some genuinely funny and witty moments.

Posted by: Cal | Oct 31, 2011 5:20:05 PM

20. Louis is so completely funny! I love his commentary, his jokes, his writing style and the style he produces Verbal Vogueing.
    And Aaron's correct today, too. I just don't like calling people names like stupid. I use derivatives instead, like "mouthbreather".

Posted by: vwdavy | Oct 31, 2011 5:51:37 PM

21. I don't hold any ill will towards the VV kid nor do I think he's dumb/loser/lame etc. I just personally don't find it funny.

@Aaron, so it's sexist for someone to call him 'her' (and BTW I agree with you b/c I hate when people do that too) but it's okay for you to call me a dumb-ass or for @Brian to call me an "old queen" simply because I don't find Verbal Vogueing funny? Hypocritcal much?

Posted by: FernLaPlante | Oct 31, 2011 6:03:24 PM

22. He is cute and funny.

Posted by: jaragon | Oct 31, 2011 6:26:19 PM

23. It took me a while to get into his videos but now I find them quite funny. The 1st two were the best. The rest have there moments.

I love that people don't get his humor, though. And I suspect he loves that, too.

Posted by: Kevin B | Oct 31, 2011 7:15:05 PM

24. I give this one a C.

Posted by: Eddie | Oct 31, 2011 11:48:58 PM

25. Oh yes...Towleroad...home of the most tired self-hating commenters on the internet. All googley-eyed for some army boy but if anyone actually acts "gay" you all get a bit sensitive. Maybe you need some preparation-H. Grow up or just retire.

Posted by: zeddy | Nov 1, 2011 12:08:52 AM