Kellan Lutz | News

BigGayDeal.com

Kellan Lutz Won't Mind if You Hit on Him in a Hot Tub

Kellan Lutz gives a great interview to Brandon Voss in The Advocate which reveals his comfort with gay men. Lutz talks about his roles in Twilight, The Comeback, and The Immortals.

LutzSays Lutz of The Immortals:

I love that our director, Tarsem, saw the gods as youthful. If you were a god, wouldn’t you rather be in your 20s or 30s as opposed to old and gray with a beard down to your ankles?

Check out more photos from The Immortals HERE.

Lutz also loves hugging gay fans:

Oh, they’re the best. I love them. When I meet gay fans out and about, they’re so great to talk to — and I’m big on hugging, because I’m from the Midwest. They’re just so energetic and loving. I’m proud to have those fans, and their support means a lot to me. I don’t want just girls coming to my movies; I want guys to come too.

And discusses the time one hit on him at a spa when he was naked in a hot tub:

We talked for about 15 minutes, and it clicked that he was probably hitting on me. By no means did I want to lead him on, so it was just kind of funny to me to realize that he was hitting on me — and doing a pretty good job.

2_lutzHe also describes the moment his 'gaydar' turned on:

Growing up, I could never tell who was gay. Even in high school, I had friends that I didn’t know were gay until years later. I’d find out on Facebook or something and be like, “Oh, that explains some things,” or “Wow, no wonder they were so cool.” I remember going to a buddy’s house right when I came to L.A. He was showing me his place, and I asked, “Where do you sleep?” He’s like, “Here, in this bed.” He had a roommate, so I was like, “Where does your roommate sleep?” He said, “He sleeps here too.” I was like, “Oh, OK.” I’ve slept in the same bed as my brothers, and I’ve crashed on a friend’s bed, so it did not even cross my mind that they were gay. He called me up after I left his house and said, “Kellan, you handled that so well. I haven’t told many people, so thanks for being such a good person.” Suddenly, all this stuff started clicking, and everything made sense: Some guys I thought were just friends aren’t just friends! That’s the day my gaydar finally kicked in. We’re still the best of friends to this day. Now I have some really close friends who are gay.

And says you can live out your housewife fantasies with him, if you're lucky:

I’d prefer to live with gay guys. They’re the cleanest, and they just take care of stuff. Because I’m always away, coming home to a clean house means a lot to me.

Kellan Me Softly [the advocate]

Comments

1. Great body, but the face doesn't do it for me. There's something odd about it.

Posted by: Sarina | Oct 18, 2011 10:07:21 AM

2. I wonder when he's going to figure out that he's gay?

Posted by: Vi Agara | Oct 18, 2011 10:11:39 AM

3. It sounds like he wants a gay roommate to be the 21st century equivalent of a old fashioned gay manservant depicted in all those British upper-class Masterpiece Theater pieces on PBS.

Posted by: Gus | Oct 18, 2011 10:17:36 AM

4. For the record, not ALL gay guys are neat freaks. The one I live with is a slob.

That is all.

Posted by: princely54 | Oct 18, 2011 10:21:42 AM

5. I'm really glad to learn that he has better gaydar than I do. I live in San Francisco and guys talk to me all the time, and I'll think What a nice straight guy!

Then later I'll realize, Oh duh. He wasn't straight.

Posted by: Paul R | Oct 18, 2011 10:33:52 AM

6. Creepy.

Posted by: Fenrox | Oct 18, 2011 10:43:00 AM

7. Jesus Christ folks, lighten up. No one's suggesting this guy is some kind of hero or role model, gay or otherwise. He's a frequently photographed, very well known personality and part of one of the most well known movie franchises currently out there (like it or not). The fact that he has adopted a silly, playful, completely open approach to the subject of the interview - in an interview with a national gay magazine - doesnt have to impress you but why in the world do you have to be so negative? Im seriously asking, why the negativity?

Posted by: John | Oct 18, 2011 10:46:17 AM

8. Usually I wouldn't, but this time I will:

OMG Take me please!

Posted by: ravewulf | Oct 18, 2011 10:48:07 AM

9. Agree with JOHN...why the negativity?

I'll add...why assume all gay-friendly people are gay?

To the contrary...for Kellan to say what he said, and how he said it, suggests to me how comfortable he is with his heterosexuality - he's not threatened by homosexuality.

Why read into his remarks more than what's there?

Posted by: Chris | Oct 18, 2011 11:07:12 AM

10. My thoughts exactly, John. I think some people are just professional complainers. The Internet is the easiest place to behave that way.
    Kellan Lutz sounds very open-minded and frank, and I imagine his friends all value that in him.

Posted by: Gregv | Oct 18, 2011 11:12:30 AM

11. I've a friend whom I'd never expect to talk gossip or trash. I was actually speaking of Immortals and he point blank said he didn't like Lutz. I found that odd, considering he's pretty hot. He didn't make some accusation of sleeping with Lutz, nope. Instead, he accused Lutz of stealing his boyfriend. I found that rather surprising.

Suffice to say, I believe my friend. It'd be odd to make that kind of story up. So why am I bringing it up? Because if he is closeted, if he's a player and a stealer then he's just being a jerk.

Posted by: Rob | Oct 18, 2011 11:21:39 AM

12. i still fail to see why Towleroad is SO obsessed with this guy. I'm surprised there is not an article reporting every time he picks his nose

Posted by: Astro | Oct 18, 2011 11:33:48 AM

13. "Creepy."

Of course. What defines "creepy" better than being friendly and liking gay guys? Whenever I meet a gay guy who's friendly and likes gay guys, the novelty of it sure as hell creeps me out.

On the other hand, I expect it from most straight guys, so, just like there are more bitter gay men than there are stars in the sky, Lutz's attitude is no surprise at all.

Posted by: ohplease | Oct 18, 2011 12:18:36 PM

14. I love it when people are just so open and honest in their thinking that we're all just a bunch of people and we all do things differently. He seems like a great person to hang out with. No BS machismo which makes him all more machismo.

Good for you Kellan!

Posted by: jakeinlove | Oct 18, 2011 12:19:37 PM

15. "It'd be odd to make that kind of story up."

Yes, because there are no odd, crazy, attention-seeking, lying, needy gay men anywhere in the world. And you certainly never run across them on the Internet.

Posted by: ohplease | Oct 18, 2011 12:20:39 PM

16. I am originally from the Midwest and have just one thing to say: We are not huggers. We are usually friendly, pleasant and helpful to new people but, a hug from a stranger would make most of us a little uncomfortable. I still find it a little odd when I meet someone for the first time and they want to hug me.

Posted by: kevin | Oct 18, 2011 12:23:41 PM

17. OHPLEASE,

My point was, if you were going to make up a story why not say "oh I slept with him and he's a liar" or something of that nature.

I just don't trust the BS of Lutz anymore.

Posted by: Rob | Oct 18, 2011 12:41:59 PM

18. He may not be gay, but that outfit he's wearing certainly is!

Posted by: Jack M | Oct 18, 2011 1:17:36 PM

19. So typical of this site that comments about the sweetest, most gay friendly guy, would include "creepy". Also being upset about him saying that gays are neat and clean is just ridiculous. How about a comment like, "what a cool guy"? I can't believe I walk among gay people who would bash this sweetie. Makes me very sad that there are such cynical losers reading Towleroad, a site that is always cool and always strives to be positive. This needs to stop. You know who you are. This guy is doing more to change attitudes than the people who always make these negative, unwarranted comments.

Posted by: Ari | Oct 18, 2011 1:30:48 PM

20. Sounds like someone likes to be adored. Um... Consider it done!

Posted by: Giovanni | Oct 18, 2011 2:10:27 PM

21. Bravo Kellan! I like nice guys like him.

Posted by: PilateError | Oct 18, 2011 2:13:30 PM

22. Does anybody else read this interview as Kellan testing the waters for when he finally comes out? Prefers to have gay roommates because their cleaner? Puh-lease!

Posted by: JohninBend | Oct 18, 2011 2:24:40 PM

23. Sounds like a real nice guy.

Posted by: Damien | Oct 18, 2011 2:46:19 PM

24. If he's straight...I'll make a deal and broker him for Neal Patrick Harris.

I'll throw in Matt Damon, too.

Posted by: Rin | Oct 18, 2011 2:50:43 PM