Michele Bachmann Deserted By Campaign Staffers

LonelyBachmannMichele Bachmann's New Hampshire staff has deserted her, according to CBS. One of them. Caroline Gilger, is defecting to to the Rick Perry camp.

Mrs. Bachmann, when asked about the desertion on a radio program, was doubtful:

In an interview with Radio Iowa, Bachmann expressed incredulity over news of the resignations, first reported by New Hampshire television station WMUR. "That is a shocking story to me," she said. "I don't know where that came from. We have called staff in New Hampshire to find out where that came from and the staff have said that isn't true, so I don't know if this is just a bad story that's being fed by a different candidate or campaign. I have no idea where this came from, but we've made calls and it's certainly not true."

But it was true. Jeff Chidester, Mrs. Bachmann's now-ex-New Hampshire campaign director, said:

That information [about the resignation] was conveyed to the people that are closest to Michele … If that information was not shared, that's unfortunate.

Bad form, Bachmannfolk. The candidate must be informed of these things.

So far, the deserters haven't explained why they've left the campaign. WMUR television blames Bachmann's seeming indifference to the NH primaries. (She's visited the state just twice during the campaign, preferring to focus on her homestate of Iowa.) That claim's uncomfirmed, though. Jeff Chidester says he'll have a comprehensive, official statement sometime soon.

Comments

1. Jexer says

“That is a shocking story to me,” she said.

Yes well, when you pay more attention to what God says in your head than you do to reality… you’re going to run into a lot of ‘shocking stories’.

Zealots have no place in political office.

2. PLAINTOM says

She doesn’t even know her staff has quit but she is capable of running the most powerful country on the planet? How the hell was she elected to Congress?

3. PDX Guy says

@Plaintom: Target money. They and their executives are her #1 supporters financially. She probably promised them another tax cut or something. And they are all Jesus fans together.

4. says

Is there really a NEED to explain why they left the campaign? Do rats need to explain why the leave a sinking ship? Hell to the NO !

Michele Bachmann is WITHOUT A DOUBT, next to Sarah Palin, THE MOST EMBARRASSING HUMAN BEING to EVER run for office. PERIOD.

5. Esurb says

You’re on the scent, PLAINTOM. I live in fear that even one dollar of my limited budget is going to pad the arrogance of Minnesota’s Sixth District. They must make and market something in and out of that wealthy community. Someone help and provide Tom and me with a list so we can get their attention!

6. ChrisQ says

“So far, the deserters haven’t explained why they’ve left the campaign.”

Let me help them: because your candidate is a bigoted moronic theocrat who could no more win a national election for President than Anita Bryant could have in 1978.

7. woodroad34d says

Please! She was informed–she’s just delusional. I worked for a woman like this–she threw people down the stairs and then wondered why no one came into her office to just have a chat with her.

8. paul b. says

Now that she and Palin are gone…it’s santorum next…and at least we’re through the worst of it.
    If you watched santorum’s self-pity party last night…he’s got the same channel to god that bachmann has. Aren’t they lucky!
    Oh, my father gets that same channel…another dilusional idiot…but not running for president, thank you.
    Their stories all have a common thread…I’m “chosen” and hear voices from “god” to do this work. Like Charles Manson didn’t get that channel with the same program…right!
    Now, let’s get them all into the same cell to commiserate until the cows come home.