"Ex-Gays"

BigGayDeal.com

Michele Bachmann's Friend Claims She's No Longer a Lesbian

Boynes Janet Boynes used to be a lesbian. No longer! She's over that now. The before-and-after pictures prove it. And she's helping others get over their homosexuality at Janet Boynes Ministries.

Interviewed on a radio show, Boynes was more than happy to talk about her past drug and alcohol addictions, her failed engagement to a man, and her painful experiences with rape. But don't ask her if she's friends with Michele and Marcus Bachmann - because that's personal.

"You know, if you have a question for Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, I think you need to contact her. Anything about Michele Bachmann or Marcus Bachmann has nothing to do with my ministry. That's my personal life and we're not talking about my personal life. Anything dealing with my personal life, I choose not to talk about."

Then she gets personal:

"There are certain things I believe the propel us to go into a life of homosexuality, just like any other type of addiction that we have a tendency for going into. I was raised in a family of seven kids and had four different fathers. The man that my mother married, who was not my father, molested me and then I was molested by an altar boy. I never felt that men treated me right. I watched my mother be abused by my step-father."

She says statistics show that 90% of lesbians were molested, so she thinks they chose to give up men.

"We make a choice to either become heterosexual or homosexual. You don't come out of your mother's womb as an addict or a pedophile, you make a choice to do that, right?"

Rest assured: Boynes say she has nothing against the gay community. She loves gay people. That's why she "helps" them.

Comments

1. 90% of people listening to this believe this is 100% idiotic and.... say it with me.... "not intended to be a factual statement" just like Arizona's Republican Senator Jon Kyl.

Posted by: Paul Leary | Oct 9, 2011 10:43:03 AM

2. She's bi and decided to stop dating women. No ex-gay there.

Posted by: candide001 | Oct 9, 2011 12:00:25 PM

3. Saying "I am no longer a Lesbian" is not the same as saying "I no longer eat ice cream." One is either a Lesbian or is not. One can say "I tried to act like a Lesbian, but I really was not." Cutting one's hair short, and wearing a sweater with blue jeans, does not a Lesbian make. (Or maybe she really IS a Lesbian, but has decided to try to "Pass" as Strait.)

Posted by: Jerry6 | Oct 9, 2011 3:13:05 PM

4. What's more ridiculous? That she claims not to be a lesbian anymore? That she's friends with Michele Bachmann? Or her wig/weave/extensions/whatever is on her head in the second photo?

Posted by: Alex Sarmiento | Oct 9, 2011 7:08:42 PM

5. What a smelly crock.

Posted by: darkmoonman | Oct 9, 2011 11:29:06 PM

6. Another perfect match between religion and ignorance.

Posted by: Jack M | Oct 10, 2011 10:41:20 AM

7. Why are ex-gays so miserable? I've never heard of one who had a good life before their "change".

Posted by: SammySeattle | Oct 10, 2011 5:18:04 PM

8. hi,girls, are you lesbian? would you like to come and join us?Here you can find sexy and open-minded singles & couples looking to explore their sexuality, chat, hook up with, etc.Check out the channel here, leskissing...com

Posted by: jebb | Oct 12, 2011 1:47:52 AM

9. Read that headline again:
    "Michele Bachmann's Friend Claims She's No Longer a Lesbian"

I didn't know Michele Bachmann was a lesbian? What a "power couple" she and her husband make! You go girl(s)!

Posted by: The Go To Gay Guy | Oct 13, 2011 7:59:03 AM

10. If this is an argument between "us" and "them" (whoever those groups are)--I basically agree with Boyne's critics. "She really isn't one of us....."

But then isn't that rather like her argument?? ie "There are lots of folks claimed to be part of the 'gay population' that are like her--and might do better by their lives by not engaging in homosexual relationships.

Posted by: zippyzappy | Oct 20, 2011 10:49:17 AM