News | Rosie O'Donnell | Tracy Morgan

Rosie O'Donnell Forgives Tracy Morgan for Homophobic Humor: VIDEO

Morgan_odonnell

Rosie O'Donnell welcomed comic Tracy Morgani to her show on Monday night and inevitably the conversation turned to the anti-gay remarks which caused controversy earlier this year.

Said O'Donnell: "I know you're not homophobic, because News Flash! I'm a lesbian."

Said Morgan: "I've had gay family members. I felt hurt because people at my show was hurt...I want to make this place a little bit better than it was when I got here...My brother was born crippled so I know sometimes children in schoolyards can be mean...I honed in on my sense of humor because when you're funny in the ghetto they protect you a little bit."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Still doesn't make him funny.

Posted by: Mark | Oct 26, 2011 7:11:01 AM

2. I seriously don't think this guy is smart enough to be homophobic.

And I'm also baffled by the non-logic of "You can't be homophobic because I'm a lesbian."

WTF???

Posted by: johnny | Oct 26, 2011 7:33:25 AM

3. Tracy Morgan seems like an extraordinarily stupid individual.

Posted by: David | Oct 26, 2011 7:41:53 AM

4. So he's OK with Rosie, so I guess the rest of the world has to get with the program? I don't think so.

Posted by: Jack M | Oct 26, 2011 8:00:30 AM

5. Rosie isn't the gay community spokesperson

Posted by: Reality | Oct 26, 2011 8:04:31 AM

6. EW! This is disgusting. This makes me pissed at Rosie. What the hell does she mean "I know you're not homophobic, because News Flash! I'm a lesbian." Shut up, Rosie. People like Tracy are part of the reason gay children are committing suicide. He IS CLEARLY homophobic. JOKES ABOUT KILLING YOUR GAY SON!?!?!?!? hmm..... probably not homophobic.

He just got slapped on the wrist for it.

And Tracy with "I have had gay family members?" So making jokes about killing gay people is cool, then? GROSS!!!!

Get out of here. Just go away. Seriously... do not turn this crap into a PR stunt.

Posted by: Jnyca | Oct 26, 2011 8:12:19 AM

7. Tracy Morgan is the north end of a southbound horse.

Posted by: DearComrade | Oct 26, 2011 8:12:56 AM

8. You know, if we were going to have a Queen, it sure as heck wouldn't be Rosie - nothing against her but, just saying that this is NOT her call to make. Amazing how the spin machine is in FULL cycle on this one, but I'm not buying it in this case

Posted by: Rob | Oct 26, 2011 8:56:05 AM

9. Every time the man opens his mouth something incredibly stupid falls out; even when he's not trying to be funny.

And Rosy, here's a NEWSFLASH for YOU: 1) you aren't the spokesperson for the gay community; 2) at times you're a disgrace to the gay community and 3) there are many millions of people (particularly men) who hate gay men but are OK with lesbians so just because someone is OK with you doesn't mean that they aren't homophobic.

I'm not saying that Morgan is or isn't homophobic. I don't know him. But really, neither does Rosie so she's in no position to make such a proclamation.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Oct 26, 2011 8:56:10 AM

10. as weird as this sounds, i actually liked rosie better when she was closeted. she gets on my nerves.

Posted by: Joe | Oct 26, 2011 9:00:27 AM

11. Morgan added, joking: "If my son was gay, I wouldn't be mad at him, just ask him to decorate the house."

Spewing out another gay stereotype for laughs. Nice. I guess that's a step up from murder, so that makes it okay in Tracy's mind.

I agree with David above. Tracy does come across as an extraordinarily stupid individual.

...and just because he comes on a show hosted by a lesbian, does not mean that he isn't homophobic. Rosie should know better than to make such a simplistic comment.

Posted by: David in Houston | Oct 26, 2011 9:44:45 AM

12. Rosie can go ahead and forgive him. I, however, will continue to think him an ass and will never watch anything he does.

Posted by: gerry | Oct 26, 2011 10:58:16 AM

13. Tracey can go to hell he IS homophobic thats been obvious since the dumbass made the stab my gay son comment as well as his FAGGOT comments. Haha Tracey oooh so funny I forgot to laugh NOT!

As someone else said Rosie may be gay but she sure as hell does not represent this community she only represents HERSELF.Im still annoyed with her comments back in 2008 when she refused to help when it came to being against PROP 8 and donating to help the community.Heres some of her idiotic comments=

Granted I loved how she stuck it to Elizabeth on the View and miss her on there.But her not confronting Tracey and just automatically forgiving him... for RATINGS is pathetic and hypocritical on her part period.

Posted by: Michael | Oct 26, 2011 11:41:28 AM

14. Rosie O'Donnell = handkerchief head, dumbass, has-been, motor mouth embarrassment to her kind
    Tracy Morgan = loathsome, dumbass, potty mouth, media whore homophobe turd blossom embarrassment to his kind

The two of them, along with Melissa Etheridge, should go live together in a gated community where the gate locks from OUTSIDE

Posted by: Stuffed Animal | Oct 26, 2011 11:58:07 AM

15. NEWS FLASH! Rosie, there are plenty of homophobic men who are ok with lesbians, they just hate the fags.

I can't believe a mental incompetent like Morgan can be taken seriously.

Rosie's show is so bad, it'll probably be cancelled soon anyway.

Posted by: dh | Oct 26, 2011 12:18:08 PM

16. Oh, and let's not forget that Rosie has stated that she hopes her kids grow up to be heterosexual.

This is not the first time she's refused to condemn antigay violence. When Ellen asked her to attend an event in Mathew Shepherd's memory, she stated that the Shepherd murder didn't bother her as much as James Byrd's murder. She's willing to speak out about racism, but oddly downplays homophobia.

Posted by: dh | Oct 26, 2011 12:27:22 PM

17. I guess she would "forgive" him. This is a woman who implied that Kelly Ripa may be homophobic because she (Kelly) didn't want Clay Aiken's cold and clammy and dirty hands covering her mouth.

It's so naive for her not to realize that it's male homosexuality that they hate. Straight men see her Lesbianism as an asset. Wake up Rosie.

Posted by: Robert | Oct 26, 2011 12:51:09 PM

18. Rosie O'donnell is usually crazy but she has gone off the deep end…First, She suddenly doesn't stand for the entire LGBT community just the "L." She swapped Tom Cruise, a severely rumored closet effeminate gay man, for Russell Brand....Then she says "I forgive you to Tracy Morgan" being neither a Black son nor an effeminate man!!!...She and Tracy Morgan should apologize to Tom Cruise…Secondly, She just met her girlfriend and she wants to marry her? It’s either a publicity stunt or a Dr. Phil moment...To top it off her girlfriend’s parents are calling Rosie a "liar" and she claims she didn’t have Gaydar. Was it the puppy or the estrogen???I think it was the puppy…

Posted by: Someone | Oct 26, 2011 1:30:33 PM

19. Rosie is a no talent, self-serving quitter and does not speak for me nor the gay community. Tracy is a no talent, mean spirited, stupid bigot. I do not support them nor do I watch either of their shows anymore. They are both irrelevant and need to fade away into obscurity.

Posted by: Mick | Oct 26, 2011 1:56:12 PM

20. There's no question that I won't be forgiving this mean stupid man. The only question is whether to forgive Rosie...

Posted by: lewlew | Oct 26, 2011 2:32:21 PM

21. Do we say "cripple?"

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Oct 26, 2011 3:04:36 PM

22. Some of you queens give me gas.!!
    So the white gay community could never forgive Tracy Morgan...HUH??

Just remember your actions about forgiving damn hypocrites!!

Posted by: CHRIS DACHOCOLATEBEARCUB | Oct 27, 2011 1:14:41 AM

23. Her boss is a monkey so what do you expect? Oprah prolly made her do this. Hey Rosie, next time just shove a banana under her nose and you will not lose all credibility with the gay community.

Posted by: Shawn | Jun 23, 2012 5:09:07 PM