2012 Election | Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Military | Mitt Romney | News | Republican Party

Spineless Mitt Romney Won't 'Scold the Audience' Over Booing of Gay Soldier: VIDEO

Romney

The GOP debate booing of that gay soldier is still resonating. Mitt Romney was asked about it by New Hampshire's Union Leader. He couldn't bring himself to condemn it, Think Progress reports.

“I think we can hear the boos. I would tell you that in these debates there’s been a lot of booing and a lot of applause, cheering and booing — some of which I don’t agree with. Now, I have not made it my practice to scold the audience and say, ‘I disagree with this person, I agree with that person’ because it goes in a lot of different directions. I don’t recall whether this soldier — whether people were booing his question or just…I don’t know when they booed and I don’t know why they booed. But I will tell you, that the boos and applause hasn’t always coincided with my own views, but I haven’t stepped in to try and say, ‘this one is right, this one is wrong.’ Instead, I focus on the things I think I will say.”

Watch Mitt's entire lame answer, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Lacks a backbone. No leadership qualities.

Posted by: CB | Oct 4, 2011 9:39:28 AM

2. Wonder what his reaction would be if they had been booing Mormonism.

Posted by: Jack M | Oct 4, 2011 9:49:31 AM

3. Can anyone PLEASE explain to me why Mittens or any other GOPer would make the best next US President? I don't understand how any group can vote against its own self-interests but that seems to be what the LCRs and GOProud contingency are intent on doing. I consider myself to be a logical person but no one has convinced me that GOPer + gay = common sense. And, if you think you've got the convincing answer, then explain to me how same-sex marriage detroys that other type of marriage. Go on, I dare you!

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Oct 4, 2011 9:50:52 AM

4. They'll push all that aside, HadenoughBS. To the Log Cabinettes and GOProders the only thing that matters is money -- which for them equals fredom. In their addled view the Republican party makes it possible for eeryone to have more money -- and therefore do as they please.

This is of course utterly idiotic, but that won't stop the usual KAPOS from posting their blather.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Oct 4, 2011 9:57:39 AM

5. It would be a lot easier to dismiss the whole "I don't tell people what is right and what is wrong -- I don't lecture people on their morality" if all these right-wing fascists didn't spend so much of their time telling the gay community what is right and what is wrong and lecturing us on our morality.

Posted by: kit | Oct 4, 2011 9:57:39 AM

6. As for Mittens, he will never be President.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Oct 4, 2011 10:01:13 AM

7. and THAT is exactly why you won't win.

Posted by: truthiness | Oct 4, 2011 10:01:45 AM

8. Exactly, Kit. That's really what this comes down to here. They take any potential moment to disparage LGBT citizens and tell us how they disagree with our "lifestyle", but play the "I don't judge" card. But since Mitt is on a mission to prove his "conservative credentials", not surprised he didn't have the humanity to say the obvious thing, that this soldier being booed the way he was, was horrendous. As for his leadership qualities, clearly non-existent, but that was already known.

Posted by: Francis | Oct 4, 2011 10:03:58 AM

9. David E.

The irony is that repub policies do not allow people to keep more of their money. The policies of repubs only allow the top 1% to keep more money while everyone else has seen their incomes/ wealth stagnate or decline due to repub policies

Posted by: say what | Oct 4, 2011 10:07:03 AM

10. What a spineless, backless moron- and to think HE'S the moderate- the one I was hoping would win the GOP nomination, instead of Bachmann or Santorum.

Posted by: Scott | Oct 4, 2011 10:22:07 AM

11. Why the surprise? Look back through his political career. He's always been an equivocating shitbag.

Posted by: MikeMick | Oct 4, 2011 10:25:28 AM

12. What a wuss. I'm sure the GOProud Girls and the Log Cabinettes are just panting over Mittie's latest non-answer. Lord, what will they do when that big ol' bear, Chris Christie, waddles into the race?

Posted by: jamal49 | Oct 4, 2011 10:25:37 AM

13. in other words: "I haven't made it my practice to be a leader and set examples."

Posted by: brian | Oct 4, 2011 10:31:30 AM

14. That's spineless.

Posted by: yonquersconquers | Oct 4, 2011 11:00:46 AM

15. This tells me that Mitten's people (aka his Top Aides)feel that more people agree with the booing than disagree; so he's banking on that.

Posted by: oliver | Oct 4, 2011 11:46:44 AM

16. but, but, santorum said he DIDNT hear them. you mean to tell me someone is lying???

Posted by: andrew | Oct 4, 2011 11:58:59 AM

17. I think Milt Toast has nice hair.

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Oct 4, 2011 12:58:54 PM

18. All these Republican contenders have blood on their hands for failing to condemn the blatant show of bigotry.

Posted by: Giuseppe | Oct 4, 2011 4:59:13 PM

19. this man wants to commander in chief he lacks the balls to be it. the man is wishy washy and lacks a backbone.

Posted by: walter | Oct 4, 2011 6:44:02 PM