I'm Not Gay | News | Taylor Lautner

Taylor Lautner: 'Definitely Not' Gay

GQ Australia asks Taylor Lautner about his sexuality:

Taylor-lautner-gq-australia-1011-3"[My publicist] Liz [Mahoney] says I don't talk about my personal life," he told the magazine when asked about a rumoured split from his Abduction costar Lily Collins.

Undeterred, GQ turned their attention to the rumour that the owner of People's fourth ‘most amazing body' prefers Team Edward to Team Women -- a rumour that began when Lautner was spotted dining with gay Hollywood magnates Gus Van Sant and Dustin Lance Black.

"No, definitely not," Hollywood's highest paid teen said when asked whether either Van Sant or Black made a pass. "I think they know I'm straight. But they're great guys. They're a lot of fun." Adding rather blandly: "It's not a coincidence that there was a writer, a director and an actor at dinner."

Watch a behind-the-scenes clip of Lautner's GQ spread, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Elizabeth Taylor Lautner.

Posted by: Eddie | Oct 12, 2011 7:44:31 PM

2. My gaydar goes off when I hear his voice.

Posted by: doug | Oct 12, 2011 7:49:36 PM

3. This whole thing is sad and pathetic. So every good-looking Hollywood actor has to state on record if they are straight or gay? What about mediocre-looking actors? Oh no! They can't be gay!

The truth is, if Taylor Lautner looked like Jonah Hill(fat guy in Superbad) we won't be asking these questions.

Posted by: philip | Oct 12, 2011 7:50:36 PM

4. I don't like the question that Australian GQ puts to him about his dinner with the Black and Van Sant. So what- They're gay, he's cute, so of course they had to make a pass at him. That is so incredibly disrespectful to both those gentlemen and to Lautner.

Posted by: Ealan75 | Oct 12, 2011 7:59:55 PM

5. Also, I have to say- Taylor Lautner does not seem gay. He doesn't "ping" on my gaydar at all. Ever. Really he seems like a boring str8 guy.

Posted by: Ealan75 | Oct 12, 2011 8:02:07 PM

6. @ Pickles: I agree with your sentiments. We berate straight people for relying on stereotypes yet we turn around and do the exact same thing. I have a straight friend who is comfortable with his sexuality, is married, but his mannerisms make him appear to possibly be gay. So just because my "gaydar" goes off when I see certain guys, I don't know if I'm actually accurate unless I ask.

Posted by: Rick in Cincinnati | Oct 12, 2011 8:03:50 PM

7. A good friend has confirmed to me that Lautner is in fact gay. He was spotted with Brian Singer. Also this kid can't act!

Posted by: Belvedude | Oct 12, 2011 8:56:43 PM

8. I think I remember him kissing his male co-star from the Twilight movies at the MTV Movie Awards. Come on out of the closet already!

Posted by: georgiaguy | Oct 12, 2011 9:04:52 PM

9. If you're a Hollywood actor, your "private life" is fair game. End of story.

Posted by: Randy | Oct 12, 2011 9:24:12 PM

10. LOL. I'm sure he's somewhere right now with his legs in the air. The question should have been "whose your daddy?"

Posted by: macmantoo | Oct 12, 2011 10:13:00 PM

11. @Georgiaguy Robert Pattinson left the stage and surprised Taylor in the audience by kissing him. It felt like a stunt that was set up and certainly not one that Taylor initiated. I dont think its any kind of proof of anything except the length MTV will go to when they stage their lame stunts. That said, Taylor certainly could be gay. Not that it really makes any difference to me as the chances of me meeting him are minimal so I dont really care :)

Posted by: OberonOZ | Oct 13, 2011 12:00:12 AM

12. Let me reiterate what someone else has also pointed out here - the headline of the article is FALSE. He did NOT say that he is "Definitely not gay". Taylor was asked if either Gus Van Sant or Dustin Lance Black made a pass at him during their dinner together. To that question, he replied, "Definitely not". Come on Towleroad, you can do better than this.

Posted by: Anthony | Oct 13, 2011 1:06:19 AM

13. I'm kind of confused about the term, "obviously gay"...what exactly is "obviously gay"?

Posted by: Tom | Oct 13, 2011 1:14:03 AM

14. What everyone seems to be ignoring is the fact that he is Native American. Depending on which tribe he is from it is possible that he is from a homophobic culture. I say this as someone married to a Navajo knowing that her family could've taught mine how to ignore the big white elephant in the room. And I come from a WASPy family that had diplomas in ignoring the obvious...

Posted by: Me in Md | Oct 13, 2011 1:53:41 AM

15. I'm not gonna 100% say I'm sure he's gay because I don't know him, but he does ping my gaydar a bit. But I've been wrong lots of times, so...*shrug*

Posted by: Bryan | Oct 13, 2011 3:52:42 AM

16. This headline is very misleading.

Posted by: Michael In Philly | Oct 13, 2011 6:07:05 AM

17. Gay, straight, bi, or questioning, I really don't care. The kid is boring, can't is cardboard & leaden and can't act to save his life. His 15 minutes are about to expire so he should savor it while he can.

Posted by: Ken | Oct 13, 2011 9:34:21 AM

18. God, leave the kid alone! Unless he starts acting like some raving evangelical who bad-mouths LGBT at every opportunity, I'd say that he's entitled to be left alone. He's a nice-looking guy who's just getting started in life, who is kind to, and respectful of, his fans and I wish him a long, successful career.

Posted by: jamal49 | Oct 13, 2011 10:24:14 AM

19. OHPLEASE: Love the way you think.

Posted by: Michael in Toronto | Oct 13, 2011 12:26:16 PM

20. Taylor is a very nice little loquita, nothing like the usual hardened nasty hollywood homosexuals like brad pitt, jon hamm, harrison ford, tammy cruise, etc etc etc

Posted by: Mrs Patrick Campbell | Oct 13, 2011 3:35:18 PM