WATCH: Oregon U.S. Attorney's Office Says, 'It Gets Better'

Picture 17
Bullies - don't mess with the U.S. Attorney's office in Oregon. They're definitely not on your side.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. So what is the U.S. Attorney's office in Portland, Oregon doing about gay civil rights, my right to marry, my right to serve, my right to work, my right to a family, my right to housing, etc.? Isn't is disingenuous to reassure adolescents about the future when they can still face discrimination as adults, reinforced by Federal laws (e.g., DOMA)?

Posted by: Jeff Atwood | Oct 9, 2011 5:11:39 PM

2. More evidence that the IGB Project is a Gay-friendly face mask for hetero-bigotry to hide behind: Oregon has a ban on same-gender marriage in its Constitution. Politicians: Two faces, one head, forked tongue!

Posted by: Stuffed Animal | Oct 9, 2011 5:47:18 PM

3. If Oregon has a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage, that has nothing to do with the office of the US Attorney, which is federal.

The US Attorney's office has no power to force a state to change any law that is not in conflict with the US Constitution or a federal law.

Posted by: Correctomundo | Oct 9, 2011 10:12:48 PM

4. The state law is in conflict with this video.

Posted by: Robbie | Oct 9, 2011 11:49:41 PM

5. Comparing oranges and apples..these guys are at the federal level and not at the state level..plus this is an anti-bullying campaign..not a marriage equality campaign..they have no control over the state constitution..however..I give them props for the fact that they are based in a state with with such an amendment and yet they are speaking primarily to the LGBT community in this video.

Posted by: Nathan | Oct 10, 2011 12:11:49 AM

6. This is all very new to me and this article really opened my eyes.Thanks for sharing with us your wisdom.

Posted by: burberry | Oct 10, 2011 4:02:44 AM