New York | News

BigGayDeal.com

A Year in New York City: VIDEO

Nyc

Videographer Andrew has filmed a visual love letter to NYC.

Clancy writes: "Living in New York I'd grab my Canon 7D, or S95, and shoot footage of what was going on around me. It seemed like a never ending project and you could stay filming life in New York for a long time. But eventually I put my camera down and started to edit. Here's the end result, it's a bit rough and ready but that's life in the Big Apple I guess."

The music is 'We Don't Eat' by Irishman James Vincent McMorrow.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

A Year in New York from Andrew Clancy on Vimeo.

Comments

1. I find it weird that there wasn't one "gay" moment in that video. I guess I live in a different New York, because I see it everywhere I go.

Posted by: gabriel | Nov 4, 2011 8:00:23 AM

2. Agreed. No gay marriage celebrations, no drag queens, no gay pride parade - must have been too busy putting 45 freaking Rangers game scenes in there.

Beautifully shot, but should be retitled "A Year In White, Straight New York City."

Posted by: Jack | Nov 4, 2011 9:11:03 AM

3. oh, c'mon. you can't fault the guy for not participating in gay culture.

Posted by: brian | Nov 4, 2011 10:29:05 AM

4. beautifully moving

Posted by: Christopher | Nov 4, 2011 11:12:49 AM

5. Quit complaining!

Posted by: Jeff | Nov 4, 2011 2:58:48 PM

6. When Mr Clancy gave it the title of "A Year In New York City" it's reasonable to expect, at the very least, shots of the Gay Pride Parade. But he chose not to include anything at all that would represent the LGBT community. I can't believe that was just an oversight and not an outright homophobic act on his part. I'm also a little upset that Towleroad chose to publish it on this website which, up until now, I've had great respect for and have followed closely for several years.

Posted by: Steve Krotz | Nov 4, 2011 3:56:13 PM

7. It's a very pretty video. I too was looking for some kind of a gay moment but in reality, NYC is a big place. Lots of other cultures weren't included. So I took it as it is, a very pretty video. And S. Krotz, lose respect for Towleroad for posting a pretty video? Come on, there are more important things to worry about.

Posted by: Alfonso Matias Jr | Nov 4, 2011 4:19:04 PM

8. <-- Arab in NYC.

Posted by: Alhamdu | Nov 4, 2011 6:23:21 PM

9. I'm sure there were plenty of Gay people in there. Just because they weren't waiving rainbow flags doesn't mean they were not in there. There was a cool butt shot of one cop, that was pretty Gay!

Posted by: Dan | Nov 4, 2011 10:07:56 PM