Andrew Shirvell | Bullying | Chris Armstrong | Michigan | News

Chris Armstrong Announces U. of Michigan Scholarship Fund for Students Who Have Faced Bullying: VIDEO

Armstron

In a new YouTube video, Chris Armstrong, the gay former student body President at the University of Michigan who was harassed and bullied by assistant attorney general Andrew Shirvell in a highly-publicized story last year, announces that he and his family have set up a special scholarship fund at the U. of M for students who have faced bullying.

Shirvell was fired after publishing a blog in which he called  Armstrong  a radical homosexual, a Nazi, and Satan’s representative on the U of M assembly.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Fired without his pension, I hope.

Posted by: M. Scott Hernandez | Nov 17, 2011 10:19:04 AM

2. Shirvell ends up applying for the scholarship.

Posted by: Adrian | Nov 17, 2011 10:46:19 AM

3. I can't wait to hear Shirvell's reaction to this. He'll probably file another lawsuit.

Posted by: Abel | Nov 17, 2011 11:43:44 AM

4. A gay guy with bad hair....what's up with that?

Posted by: RIck | Nov 17, 2011 11:54:12 AM

5. Rick, you're the poster child of self hate on here, and with out even knowing so...you perefectly illustrate to other gays who have moments and thoughts of internalized homophobia...just how vile internalized homophobia is. I was one of them. I never realized how much my thoughts mirrored yours and it took commentators on here calling you and your issues out (in logical and matter of fact manners) for me to see my own flaws. In society, it's those who are most flawed (mentally) that enable us to see right from wrong. You are so wrong on so many different levels.....but are flawless at showcasing what NOT to be.

Posted by: Jamian | Nov 17, 2011 3:05:16 PM

6. @ Jamian. FANTASTIC post. Articulate and sooo true. Let the self haters die in their own misery, but let it be a reminder of what not to be.

On a sidnote, Chris Armstrong really is a confident, fearless and well rounded hero for MANY gays and lesbians. This kid really needs to go into politics as he would be of such great value.

Posted by: Fan of festive | Nov 17, 2011 3:07:24 PM

7. wanna see my interactions with Shirvell? he opens a WORLD of crazy.

and yeah, RICK is brutally sad. a grown-ass gay man who makes excuses for being Closeted and lashes out at gender-nonconformists because he never got over the fact that his father hated having him for a son.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Nov 17, 2011 3:14:32 PM

8. What a cutie pie. Now I see why the close queen Shirvell was going after him. He can't face the fact that the objection of his obsession is a well-adjusted, smart, happy and content man.

Love how Chris is taking a negative and making it a really big positive. I wish his family the best - I'm sure they will succeed in helping others. Good job!

Posted by: FunMe | Nov 17, 2011 8:38:08 PM