Fat Joe | Hip-Hop | Music | News

Rapper Fat Joe Says Hip-Hop is Run by a Gay Mafia: VIDEO

Fatjoe

Rapper Fat Joe gives an interview with VLAD TV in which he talks about the presence (and lack thereof ) of gays in hip-hop, alleging that gays run the business.

"The hip-hop community is most likely owned by gay, to be honest with you. I happen to think there is a gay mafia in hip-hop. Not rappers, the editorial presidents of magazines, the PDs at radio stations, the people who give you awards at award shows. This is the f**king gay mafia. They are in power. So why wouldn't a guy come out and say, 'yo, I'm gay' and get that type of love. I mean, Lady Gaga, I don't know if she's gay but she's running with that gay sh*t for real, and she is winning."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I heard he left Atlantic....

Posted by: aneas t. | Nov 10, 2011 12:23:00 PM

2. David Geffen is the Godfather of the gay hip- hop Mafia. Next mtg this Sunday, 2pm; 22114 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu.

Posted by: oliver | Nov 10, 2011 12:51:18 PM

3. Rap and hip-hop are run by people who pander to the sleazy straight guy fantasy. This includes pandering to the homophobic attitudes of sleazy straight guys.

As for Fat Joe, he's a moron.

Posted by: jason | Nov 10, 2011 3:14:59 PM

4. I'm a gay guy that mainly works in the urban music scene. I've never had a problem. We don't run it, though there are lots of us for sure. Thanks for the support Fat Joe.

Posted by: rhett | Nov 10, 2011 3:18:30 PM

5. @Francis The reason Clay Aiken isnt around anymore isnt because he's gay, its because he's crap :) At best, moderately talented, with nothing much of interest to say, its no wonder hes not around.

Posted by: OberonOZ | Nov 10, 2011 3:35:59 PM

6. I would guess the majority on here making fun of the way Fat Joe talks aren't even fans of hip hop. This is how some of the guys I know talk from the Bronx. It's called slang, just like the gay community has their own slang. Fat Joe is coming from an honest place as someone who has been in the business since the late 90's. it's unfortunate that when we get an ally in the hip hop community the most many of you can do is come with negative critiques and bitchy comments.

Posted by: Kris Avalon | Nov 10, 2011 5:15:55 PM

7. He sets off my Gaydar!

Posted by: REX | Nov 10, 2011 5:32:19 PM

8. When I read this earlier, I was kind of scratching my head about what he said. Once I got home I watched the video. You guys dissing an ally need to actually watch the video. He's clearly on our side.

Clay Aiken? Seriously? He was truly relevant to the mainstream at some point?

Posted by: antisaint | Nov 10, 2011 6:39:21 PM

9. Fat Joe's comments are well received. And by gays running the industry, I'm sure he's also including men on the down low.

Come on people, lets get it together.

Posted by: B | Nov 10, 2011 11:18:11 PM

10. 1. SHOCKED that people are so negative on here about this since he was clearly being supportive...clearly.

2. AMAZED that people want to deny that there's a huge gay influence int he entertainment industry...in all sectors. Duh! Only in theatre (mostly) is being out truly a non-factor. Otherwise, we just don't see the gay faces and voices as much in TV, FILM, MUSIC, et cetera...but they're out there.

3. SADDENED that in 2011 "goin' on 2012," that majority of people on here are so ignorant to not listen to what the man was trying to say, but instead how he said it. There is unapologetic racism in the gay community (on both sides of the isle) that's truly alarming, but I guess should not be surprising. From hook-up sites to clubs...it's a lot of racist hateful garbage devoid of substance.

WE HAVE TO OPEN OUR MINDS BEFORE WE ASK OTHERS TO OPEN THEIRS.

Read a damn book.

Posted by: GAGGED | Nov 11, 2011 8:52:03 AM

11. First Biggie Smalls, then Heavy D, and now Fat Joe... there's a pattern developing somewhere in this.

Posted by: Drew | Nov 11, 2011 11:43:37 AM

12. I am not shocked anymore. I am black British and even I understood that he is an ally.

Unfortunately as with many gay sites this being one and America blog, anytime a post about a black person the racist come crawling out.

I wonder sometimes if people read or have automated responses!

Posted by: hassia | Nov 11, 2011 12:30:52 PM

13. Well, he is wearing a Polo cardigan sweater after all...

Posted by: Bicycling guy | Nov 11, 2011 1:48:38 PM