Details | Jeremy Renner | News

Jeremy Renner 'Nauseated' by Attention to His Personal Life: Details

Renner

Jeremy Renner is disgusted by unwanted attention to his personal life and his housemate and best friend Kristoffer Winters, whom he refers to as his "brother", according to Details:

It's not surprising that in Renner's dating vacuum, the worst bottom-feeding websites have suggested there's something more to his relationship with his pal and sometime housemate Winters. The unwanted attention nauseates him, even as he understands its causes. "I don't pay attention to that horseshit. Build 'em up to bring 'em down?" he says of celebrity culture. "I'm not going on that train, my son. I'm not going on that train. I'll walk. I'll take a bike." He lets out a laugh that sounds like a lawn mower starting up. "I'd rather just not be popular."

Renner doesn't date because he doesn't have time:

When Renner says he's given up his life for his job, this is what he means: "I never dated, because I couldn't afford to date. I didn't even have electricity. You try to put a positive spin on it, like, 'Hey, this is so sexy—look at all these candles!' But I loved what I was doing. The sacrifices I made in personal relationships had the biggest effect on my life. Even now, any woman would take a No. 2 seat to my job."

Comments

1. Perez Hilton did not try to 'out' Jeremy Renner. It merely reported that Renner and Kristoffer had put their jointly owned home on the market for sale.

Posted by: MaryM | Nov 22, 2011 12:30:24 PM

2. Jeezus, most of you people on here are retarded.

It clearly says "the worst bottom-feeding WEBSITES." It's referring to specific gossip sites, not general speculation about someone's sexuality. And those sites - Perez, TMZ, Gawker - are bottom feeders!

Posted by: endo | Nov 22, 2011 12:33:08 PM

3. @Kyle, when you get out of Kindergarten, you may learn to stop judging people because of their ages. Go back to your circuit party and leave the adults to their discussion.

Posted by: Rick A. | Nov 22, 2011 12:34:00 PM

4. @Endo, how do you know this? Do you know this? Or, are you just speculating.

Posted by: Chris | Nov 22, 2011 12:38:20 PM

5. @Rick A - what a very 'adult' comeback. Good for you. How mature of you to argue.

Posted by: Chris | Nov 22, 2011 12:39:41 PM

6. Whats with all of these, "who is he" comments? Renner is not extremely well known but you'd have to be pretty out of the loop not to know who he is. Note to all the old cave dwellers, these newfangled phones out there take pictures and even capture video too. Wow! I know, right?!

Posted by: Matt | Nov 22, 2011 12:42:02 PM

7. Neither said anything wrong. Get over it people. Gay IS an insult, nauseating, and bottom-feeding. Let's be real here, people.

Posted by: Self-Loathing Homosexual | Nov 22, 2011 12:43:13 PM

8. I wouldn't see a movie because Renner is in it. I wouldn't not see one because he's in it either. He doesn't register with me at all.

Posted by: Bart | Nov 22, 2011 1:04:00 PM

9. ENDO really?? "retarded"...you my friend are the real disgusting thing here,ignorant tool

Posted by: sal | Nov 22, 2011 1:04:15 PM

10. Jeremy Renner is sexy. He should be gay if he's not. Leave him alone.

Posted by: Tyler | Nov 22, 2011 1:15:48 PM

11. I agree with you Tyler. You and I are exactly alike. Self-loathing.

Posted by: Self-Loathing Homosexual | Nov 22, 2011 1:26:23 PM

12. Yeah...you went with your mother to the Oscars. Twice. Mine as well have a cock in your mouth, son.

Posted by: Joe M | Nov 22, 2011 1:38:57 PM

13. I think this Adam Sachs guy should be fired. Hopefully it happens.

Posted by: Self-Loathing Homosexual | Nov 22, 2011 1:40:45 PM

14. Stop being so retarded, Sal.

How do I know this, Chris? Because it says so right in the effin' copy! The two words "bottom feeding" form a hyphenated compound adjective that describes the noun that follows, "websites." Why you no good at grammar?

Posted by: endo | Nov 22, 2011 1:43:22 PM

15. @Endo, I agree with you. You and I are two peas in a pod.

Posted by: Self-Loathing Homosexual | Nov 22, 2011 1:49:40 PM

16. Not really. You're an ordinary troll trying to make some sort of clever commentary but really coming off as an impotent turd.

I'm someone who is apparently better at reading comprehension than the professional victims on this site.

Posted by: endo | Nov 22, 2011 2:14:05 PM

17. The fabulous black 1963 Lincln Continental goes very well with his skinny tie. Not his though, I bet. Just there to give him some Mad Men cred.

Posted by: emjayay | Nov 22, 2011 2:15:54 PM

18. I almost feel sorry for him. It must be awful to deny who you are.

Posted by: Scott | Nov 22, 2011 2:27:13 PM

19. I've never even heard of him.

Posted by: Davelandia | Nov 22, 2011 2:48:07 PM

20. It is possible to be gay without dating or cruising the Abbey every weekend. Many small business owners, professionals and otherwise-busy people just don't have the time to stop and bar-hop or date...regardless of sexual orientation.

Posted by: Ted B. (Charging Rhino) | Nov 22, 2011 5:08:46 PM

21. @Endo - wha? But, your use of the word 'retard' and 'turd' proves you're just as trollish as I. So...you and I are cut from the same cloth.

Posted by: Self-Loathing Homosexul | Nov 22, 2011 5:21:48 PM

22. SO what ???. he has every right in the world to feel or say what he wants.......he still a great actor and everybody knows he is right.so what if he likes acting but hates the late night do anybody life style...is it only freedom of speech only when you approve of it ??

Posted by: josh | Nov 22, 2011 7:48:21 PM

23. @Joe M.

Really? You're speculating on his sexuality because he took his mother to the Oscars? Clint Eastwood, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Charlize Theron have done it too. Are they gay in your opinion?

Posted by: Stranded | Nov 22, 2011 8:38:27 PM

24. @Joe M.

You are "in the industry" and you make a ridiculous comment such as that one? Can't wait to hire you for all of my video editing needs. You seem so enlightened.

Posted by: InGeneral | Nov 22, 2011 8:59:55 PM

25. Not surprising, this isn't the full quote. Renner does say that the tabloid media disgusts him because they are lying about his sexuality among other things. He says that the tabloid media are "sick". So yes it seems they took liberty in using 'nauseated', but it seems to be the same sentiment.

Posted by: Crafty | Nov 22, 2011 9:32:29 PM