Condoleezza Rice | News | Pat Robertson | Thanksgiving

BigGayDeal.com

Pat Robertson Confused by Mac and Cheese: VIDEO

Mac

Not sure whose Thanksgiving would be more miserable, Maggie Gallagher's or Pat Robertson's.

Said Robertson to 700 co-host Kristi Watts following her interview with Condoleezza Rice about favorite Thanksgiving dishes: "What is this 'Mac and Cheese'? Is it a Black thing?"

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. @Paul R: German-Texan here, and we always have turkey at the late December winter solstice Pagan holiday dinner. And venison if my uncle killed any. And tamales because it's Texas.

Alas, no Mac & Cheese at any holiday though (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Nov 23, 2011 10:07:22 PM

2. well, the face of senility does not have cheese on its chin.........

Posted by: littlebadwolf | Nov 24, 2011 5:29:28 AM

3. Um,Is being racist & stupid a Christian Wrong thing? Duh! Of course it is . . .

Posted by: Rick | Nov 24, 2011 1:55:59 PM

4. @Paul-My family is from the islands and we have turkey on Christmas, along with ham, and rice and beans, and curry chicken....fish...

Our Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner table is a mish-mash of EVERYTHING. Because islanders love to eat. And since our families are usually so large, we need a lot of it. We don't sit around a table and eat because there is no room. It's buffet style and then we park it in front of the television

I'm not so bothered by Pattinson's comment because the man is an idiot. I can't get my blood-pressure up every time he or another conservative says something dumb. My real problem is with the chick next to him who was like, "Yeah, it is a black thing!" Even then I can't get too rankled because she's obviously an idiot too. She called Connie Rice "girlfriend" You aren't interviewing Lady Gaga and this isn't TRL, honey. Lock it up.

Posted by: Ella | Nov 24, 2011 2:08:17 PM

5. Add me to those who grew up with turkey for both thanksgiving and christmas. Also on the menu, dressing, cranberries (home made and canned), sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, black olives, baby dill pickles, sauerkraut, pumpkin pie. Oh, and jello salad. My family were farm people from northern Illinois. The sauerkraut was an addition for friends from Maryland who celebrated both holidays with us every year.

Add me, also, to the people who think the world would be a better place without Pat Robertson and others like him.

Posted by: Kevin | Nov 24, 2011 6:55:57 PM

6. Paul R

Just because you did not have turkey for XMAS doesn't mean there aren't people who have it a regular basis.

My republican hateful step data would call yo a communist if you didn't have turkey BOTH holidays.

Personally, I prefer Duck though.

Posted by: Art Voigt | Nov 24, 2011 10:07:28 PM

7. From Rick; Tell this damn cracker that greens and fatback is what black folk eat on Thanksgiving Day, not macaroni!???WTF!?!

Posted by: Rick | Nov 23, 2011 3:38:37 PM

If this is that same Rick who always have something negative to say about Blacks and effiminate Gays. He wasn't trying to be funny. He was being hateful as ususal. I don't know anyone today who uses FATBACK!

I hope you choke on a green bean caserole!

Posted by: CHRIS DACHOCOLATEBEARCUB | Nov 25, 2011 1:12:37 AM

8. as a canadian i am thoroughly offended by pat robertson. kraft dinner is the national meal of your largest trading partner and you dont know that? well you could knock me down with a feather.

Posted by: Adam | Nov 25, 2011 8:01:31 AM

9. To all who eat turkey at Christmas, I apologize. I've lived in several major US cities and shared Thanksgiving and Christmas meals with all sorts of people, and it's often difficult to even find whole turkeys around Christmas---this has been true on both US coasts and even once in the Midwest.

And as I mentioned, my family has fondue every Christmas Eve or Christmas dinner....a rather odd tradition that I'm guessing is a holdover of our northern German roots (meaning, almost Swiss). By the same token, I know plenty of people who refuse to eat turkey on Thanksgiving because they want to be different. So they have scallops, crab, duck, tofurkey, or whatever. I should have clarified that turkey isn't the traditional Xmas animal eaten, but it's certainly not something I would scorn. I'm all for people enjoying what they enjoy and following traditions. (But please brine the turkey, otherwise it gets dry too easily.)

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 25, 2011 12:26:12 PM

10. If he says "what's this Mac and cheese?" ,how is that saying why do you have it for thanksgiving?

In the UK, turkey is what you should eat for Christmas Paul R.

Posted by: Rowan | Nov 26, 2011 3:38:57 AM

11. I don't know if this means anything, but I was just watching an episode of "Everybody Hates Chris" and he was assigned to make the Mac and Cheese on Thanksgiving. It was treated as though it was a staple of Thanksgiving dinner, although they didn't state or imply anything about it being specifically an African-American tradition.

Posted by: Mary | Nov 26, 2011 5:19:06 PM